Ali Zandi is selling RainDrop.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
As many of you already know, Ali sent a newsletter today to his RainDrop subscribers.

This time is was not to advertise domains or release a new blog post. No, it was much bigger.

Zandibot is stepping back from the domain industry and just put his new marketplace and a huge list of domains for sale on Flippa. The bid has already reached $30,000 and will probably fetch more more.

I was a bit surprised to read that news so recently after launching RainDrop. But family is the most important thing in the world and I wish him and his family the best for the future.

If you wanted to start your own marketplace under an amazing name, it could be your chance to have it all ready to use.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if Zandi will Chime in on this thread. kinda wierd to talk about someone without him giving a chance to defend himself.

He's not worried about this thread, loves the free publicity. The more active this thread gets the better his auction will do, look at travel.agency. ;)

•••
With $817,000 in flippa sales alone you should probably learn instead of question... IMO

Keith makes a good point. Besides the 4L and RainDrop.com the portfolio is pretty mediocre.

•••
The 4L domains are his strongest link.

•••
Are those prices in Hong Kong Dollars$

•••
The 4L domains are his strongest link.
Looks like 36 of them being .com, 1 I noticed was Chinese premium, VRVG.com is clearly his favorite, reseller estimate of about $16K for such a portfolio of 4L's on a good day at namepros.

Last edited:
•••
Ali is a great guy and I hope all is ok with his family.

•••
Don't see 8888.xyz on the list, so not liquidating all and therefore not a total exit..

Last edited:
•••
The majority of those two-worder .coms appear to be recently hand-regged.

•••
so what is current bid status?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Don't see 8888.xyz on the list, so not liquidating all and therefore not a total exit..
8888.xyz comes with an $3,xxx annual renewal, after the next renewal he will have over $6,xxx into it just in owning it for 2 years..

Chinese are smart they know about these renewals, the names sold at west.cn auctions sold for large reported amounts, but there renewals were scaled to reg fee.

Last edited:
•••
•••
its really great man
Yes but there is like a month to go, so situation doesn't seem to dire.

Based on comments he would be seeking over $100k, not sure if a reseller could pay that.

Last edited:
•••
8888.xyz comes with an $3,xxx annual renewal, after the next renewal he will have over $6,xxx into it just in owning it for 2 years..

Chinese are smart they know about these renewals, the names sold at west.cn auctions sold for large reported amounts, but there renewals were scaled to reg fee.

I know that, just saying if he's making an exit not every domain is listed. 3k plus for this one per year is a hard sell today, maybe not later but I think it will drop if we don't see a buyer soon..

It was on the site, don't see it now.

Last edited:
•••
40 x 4l.com times average 9 years of reg times at least $200 USD + 1 CHIPS premium
-> $11 usd

I personally don't like raindrop as a brand

I would not have registered his brandables

the other domains to me are as good as the most of mine I bought at reg fee
at least I didn't see any I would like better when having a just superficial look at the long list

but I am not a native english speaker
so I may miss a few

I don't get PCHeating.com at all
I want PCCooling

my personal favorite is StripPoker.org
and HeartMonitor.org
both go closely together ;)

current price is 40K
good luck to you Ali !
all the best to your son
and thank you for your input

Last edited:
•••
Well IMO - this is the biggest problem in domaining - Full stop!

What's good to me is awful to you and vice versa.. Two PRO domainers might hate a domain that will end up selling for 6 figures while two might agree that it's a premium and never sells! The only part of the equation here that is so clear to everybody is the 4Ls as those are the liquid names, even their liquidity is set purely by the resellers and not the end users!

I will not comment on his domains - but I will say this: I do wish he sells his portfolio for a Million!

I know how life can slap a person all of a sudden and puts him into a position he never thought he'd be in! I lived this situation and kind of still do!

Arguing about the quality of his domains will never end - in fact, arguing about any brandable out there can show $0 Appraisals and $100K Appraisals - this has been the case since a very long time and will always be.

I wish him all the best in his life and family - I felt from his message that he wants to spend more time with his "SON" means there's something wrong in there - so I wish him all the best and hope all his family be in good health and shape!

-Rami

•••
I wish him all the best in his life and family - I felt from his message that he wants to spend more time with his "SON" means there's something wrong in there - so I wish him all the best and hope all his family be in good health and shape!
-Rami

You pointed out the obvious and the only thing that truly matters at this point. While most people went straight to dollar value and pissing on his domains. Few bothered to realize the reason why.
Rami
Thank you for being human and as always God bless you and your family.

•••
You pointed out the obvious and the only thing that truly matters at this point. While most people went straight to dollar value and pissing on his domains. Few bothered to realize the reason why.
Rami
Thank you for being human and as always God bless you and your family.

That's because you're a true human my friend - May God Bless you and your family too -

Yours,
-Rami

•••
God and family are way more important than domaining. If a man chooses to sell whatever part of his portfolio/website/work and focus on those, I wish him every good blessing.

Ali is a great friend and I'll forever be grateful. I've not always loved every single domain he's ever told me about. But you know what? At the end of the day I don't have to like them if he gets them SOLD.

Last edited:
•••
I believe most of us here agree Ali is a great guy who did a lot for the industry (i do) and all of us should agree that family is the most important thing above anything else. But I don't see why it won't be fitting to discuss the value/quality of the portfolio he just put up for sale?

Nobody is going to buy his portfolio out of pity. I'm pretty sure Ali doesn't expect that either.

•••
I believe most of us here agree Ali is a great guy who did a lot for the industry (i do) and all of us should agree that family is the most important thing above anything else. But I don't see why it won't be fitting to discuss the value/quality of the portfolio he just put up for sale?

Nobody is going to buy his portfolio out of pity. I'm pretty sure Ali doesn't expect that either.

100% agree

•••

Agreed, this is not a pity party, it is a discussion of the valuation of the domains in that set portfolio.

If he chooses to discuss his situation, fine, otherwise we should respect his privacy

On the other hand he does launch a venture, then change course quite often.

I just don't get why he turned down $85k, most likely it would be commission free.

Last edited:
•••
true true!
He's not worried about this thread, loves the free publicity. The more active this thread gets the better his auction will do, look at travel.agency. ;)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back