Dynadot

discuss Alarming Situation for 4L Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shams

Invest in Your Digital Future with Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
I don't know what's wrong. I cannot explain at this moment, but clearly something isn't right. All 4L .org Chips are gone. money investing in so many directions. which seems to be end soon and the market will collapse.Before we were all investing in 4L .com Premium, Non-premium, Chips etc Doesn't matter but now we are investing in 4L .com, .net, .org, Chips, gTLDS. one thing is clear when money investing in so many directions on the same 4L domain criteria.First thing will happen liquidity of these domains. Which was that we can sell these domains anytime anywhere to anyone immediately but now when the buyer has an option in .org and.net too.the sale out at huge profit will be little difficult.There are very rare chances of the liquidity will remain for 4L domains.

What is your opinion.?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are many points now where supply is greater than demand but for a specific domain category (9N.com, 7L.com etc.). I won't be jumping to buy any 7L.coms anytime soon, too much risk of holding the bag and selling for less than reg fee or $0.

However for 4Ls in the .Com, .Net, .Org (which have all been around since the dawn of the internet) I see their value only increasing even if it slows a lot. Some premium LLLL.coms are selling for what you could've bought a LLL.com 8 years ago. Pretty crazy stuff. Now we just need more domain investors from India and Japan ;)

•••
.We don't need end users, We need more domainers.Who buy from us and sell it to more new domainers.
that sounds like a pyramid scam.

•••
I don't know what's wrong. I cannot explain at this moment, but clearly something isn't right. All 4L .org Chips are gone. money investing in so many directions. which seems to be end soon and the market will collapse.Before we were all investing in 4L .com Premium, Non-premium, Chips etc Doesn't matter but now we are investing in 4L .com, .net, .org, Chips, gTLDS. one thing is clear when money investing in so many directions on the same 4L domain criteria.First thing will happen liquidity of these domains. Which was that we can sell these domains anytime anywhere to anyone immediately but now when the buyer has an option in .org and.net too.the sale out at huge profit will be little difficult.There are very rare chances of the liquidity will remain for 4L domains.

What is your opinion.?
You must read this: https://namecorp.com/china-and-domain-names-its-all-about-data-now/#.VkzfjfkveM8

•••

tnx

there is a lot of articiles out there. covering cons and pros. postive and negative of this.

for some of those articles, it may be people directly involved in benefiting from chips, that may be writing/bidding on auctions for chips. it's all within the realm of possible at this point. of course no one knows who such people may be definitely.

either way, there are no definite answers for chips. 4L are rare, they'll retain value. 5L who knows.. and even less so who knows about 6L 7L etc.. at some point it becomes too mucch and the most importnt thing is lost.. rarity.

•••
•••
•••
However for 4Ls in the .Com, .Net, .Org (which have all been around since the dawn of the internet) I see their value only increasing even if it slows a lot. Some premium LLLL.coms are selling for what you could've bought a LLL.com 8 years ago. Pretty crazy stuff. Now we just need more domain investors from India and Japan ;)
Relatively few people will actually register domain names in India because shameless greedy cruel NTRO officials, allegedly bribed by google and tata are ruthless in stalking and torturing the real domain investors with the most sophisticated radiation or directed energy weapons to cause great pain, memory loss. The most powerful officials in the indian internet sector will falsely claim that their lazy greedy cheater friends and relatives own my domain names to defame and exploit me.

I own a large number of LLLL.com, LLLL.net and LLL.in domain names, yet local intelligence agency officials in goa allegedly falsely claim that the lazy greedy shameless goan gsb frauds housewife riddhi diploma holder siddhi mandrekar, slim goan obc sex bribe giver bsc sunaina, bengaluru brahmin cheater nayanshree hathwar, asmita patel and other frauds own my domain name to give them great powers, when lazy greedy these frauds do not spend a single penny on the domain names or do any work online.
There is no open debate why intelligence agency officials are associating these well connected frauds withe me, and diverting my correspondence to these frauds without a court order.

•••
As investors, we DO need to consider both positives and negatives of the Chinese phenomenon.

The key, it seems to me, is buying low (reg fee or cheap BIN at Go Daddy) and diversifying our portfolios. That way, loses can be minimized, although potential gains will be more modest.

Investing long-term in one vertical is a major mistake.

Ant then there's that frightening thread where some billionaires plan to buy out the rest of the 7N and then sell to noobs for humongous prices.

The net result of such a scheme: the billionaires will corner the 7N market, sell like mad, and make their bundle, and once the market is flooded with 7N, they will drop the rest of their 7N's at a loss, or even allow crap 7N to expire, and waltz away, laughing all the way to the bank, leaving the noobs who bought high holding the bag.

The market works best when a variety and large number of investors buy in low.

Of course, we (and this includes me as well, I must be honest) may have inadvertently created our own Ponzi scheme.

Yikes!

•••
IMHO, the best long-term investments include (all .com), 1L-4L, 1N-5N, pronounceable brandable 1L-5L, and CHIP with memorable and distinct patterns.

The rest may just be noise.

•••
I told already with .com that there is not enough end-user demand for them.
Noone belives me, and says its nice to flip them between each other. Value only goes up.

Now, I can undersand maybe .com, there you maye have some % selling it.
But .net, .org, etc.. are already total madness. Nooone outside the system will buy them.

China bubbles can last for long time, so will see where it ends. But it will end..

It will be all nice, until the money goes out of the system. Some belive it will never go out, but thats a little silly

you are wrong about .org though. There are a lots of end users for LLLL.org, I know few orgs that have paid low $xxxx for their names.

•••
There are a lots of end users for LLLL.org, I know few orgs that have paid low $xxxx for their names.
Potential end users. If the names were available, that means they wouldn't even pay $10. In the long run, some will sell, but not all of them.

•••
Some sales in llll.org are better than none in llll.biz, info etc.

Some names were held and were dropped later. So an alliance could have gotten lllalliance.org instead of llla.org.

Some organizations are and will be created new.

•••
...when something raises in value exponentially while no fundamentals change, it can lose its steam and fall back as fast as it went up at any time. no one should be surprised at that more than one was by the prior sudden raise. crowd behavior and bubble evolution are cool things to watch anyway... chinese should launch options at some point so that people could trade both ways, like shorting 5 x 4L.coms @ $3,000... thatd be a lot of fun too..

•••
haha, I'd definitely short 4L.coms at some point. Not yet, but soon :)

•••
haha, I'd definitely short 4L.coms at some point. Not yet, but soon :)

And you might lose mightily...

There is quite a limited supply of LLLLs. Let's say LLLL CP reaches 4K and you short 100 of them. You sell them for $400K and in a year you have to give back 110 names (10% more names). So, let's say prices went down to $3.5K and you think well it is not bad, I'll pay $3.5x110=$385K and have $15K profit. Now you start buying and that buying spree in short period pushes prices drastically up and you get 20 names at $3.5, then are forced to buy 20 more at $3.8 and then the rest 60 at $4.2K because suddenly there are not enough people willing to fire sale their inventory.

•••
...when something raises in value exponentially while no fundamentals change, it can lose its steam and fall back as fast as it went up at any time. no one should be surprised at that more than one was by the prior sudden raise. crowd behavior and bubble evolution are cool things to watch anyway... chinese should launch options at some point so that people could trade both ways, like shorting 5 x 4L.coms @ $3,000... thatd be a lot of fun too..

You don't have to wait for Chinese for that. Derivatives tradings could be linked to anything.

•••
The popularity and liquidity of 4L .Coms now is just unbelievable to comprehend. This may just be a trend or phase but I feel the best approach will be to get 4L that stand for something or initials of a company. This way there is some additional value to it instead of it jut being valuable for only the fact it is a 4L.

Also I agree with many of you and simply sticking to the .com extension instead of wasting time and money on any other ones.

- Will

•••
chinese market down by 85%-89% in 1 week.
wb8JYq1.png

That's what i was talking about..Correct me if i'm wrong.

•••
chinese market down by 85%-89% in 1 week.
wb8JYq1.png

That's what i was talking about..Correct me if i'm wrong.

You really can't be that obtuse can you? I feel bad for you if you invest in stocks or anything else for that matter, do you watch them by the minute?

So that's what you were talking about when you originally wrote your very broad and pessimistic post on November 17th, And since then, according to the data that is public, we had the highest day in volume/turnover on November 24th??? This "market" data does not capture every sale and it's pretty obvious the market is in a state of disarray with no consistency right now. We'll have to wait and see where it levels out but your obvious negative nancy posts mean nothing at this point. Lets try to be realistic and see how it plays out. Do you have 3 months or 6 months of daily data?? That might tell us a lot more....

Let me guess too, you weren't saying "OMG the market is up 340% since yesterday!!!!" on November 24th either....

•••
You really can't be that obtuse can you? I feel bad for you if you invest in stocks or anything else for that matter, do you watch them by the minute?

So that's what you were talking about when you originally wrote your very broad and pessimistic post on November 17th, And since then, according to the data that is public, we had the highest day in volume/turnover on November 24th??? This "market" data does not capture every sale and it's pretty obvious the market is in a state of disarray with no consistency right now. We'll have to wait and see where it levels out but your obvious negative nancy posts mean nothing at this point. Lets try to be realistic and see how it plays out. Do you have 3 months or 6 months of daily data?? That might tell us a lot more....
Believe me i want to be wrong.What you think after i made all the investment in .Com .Net .Org. us. Co. Biz. i never want market go down. The reason behind this post was to get community opinion.Which i'm getting at it's best and i hope market will rise again but the question is still remain.In which direction.?

•••
And 6 months ago we were not investing in .Biz .Net .Org. Co .Us

•••
that sounds like a pyramid scam.

Right!?
I feel like that would destroy the domain market, domaining in general, if that is how the future looks.

•••
Believe me i want to be wrong.What you think after i made all the investment in .Com .Net .Org. us. Co. Biz. i never want market go down. The reason behind this post was to get community opinion.Which i'm getting at it's best and i hope market will rise again but the question is still remain.In which direction.?

You're honestly impossible, "I hope the market will rise again", good lord...I give up. Good luck to you...

And 6 months ago we were not investing in .Biz .Net .Org. Co .Us

You're right, but wouldn't it be interesting to take all the public daily data and actually track it....compare it a year from now? My point is 10 days is entirely meaningless, you throw in a US holiday etc...there are a lot of outliers and variables...look at the picture through a window, not a pinhole. One large $ domain sale or a large number of small $ sales can manipulate the data on any given day....

•••
You're honestly impossible, "I hope the market will rise again", good lord...I give up. Good luck to you...

You should have to quote the complete post. i also asked in which direction.?I said hope market will rise again but the question is still remain.In which direction.? which i mean for which extension. Do you ever think what made a diamond so valuable because it's unique. if everyone has diamonds than there will be no more value of the diamond.

One large $ domain sale or a large number of small $ sales can manipulate the data on any given day....

I'm considering number of sales not amount. i know a large amount of $ domain can manipulate the data.Before we were only investing in .com that's y market going up and up but since last few weeks the upward direction is changing and market getting slower because now we are looking in other directions.
sometimes a pinhole is better to make a target rather than a window.
Sorry, No hard feeling.
Good Luck with your investment . :)

•••
If the prices for LLLL.com drop by 50%, I'd see that as an opportunity to stock up rather than panic.

•••
Back