Dynadot

discuss Ahrefs SEO ranking -- How significant is this for selling purposes?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
After listing my domains for the first time at a new marketplace, I was delightfully surprised that they cite sometimes Ahrefs SEO rankings. How significant is a high ranking, such as 1 out of 100? Is this something worth citing in domain marketplace listings? Are there other rankings out there that have more weight, or is this considered one of the most reliable ones?

Thank you, in advance, for any insights and experience related to this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ahrefs is a well-respected tool in the SEO community and a high ranking on their SEO metrics can indicate that a domain has strong backlinks and search engine visibility. However, it is important to note that SEO rankings are just one aspect of a domain's overall value.

Citing Ahrefs SEO rankings in your domain marketplace listings can be a useful way to highlight the domain's strengths to potential buyers. However, it is important to also provide additional information about the domain, such as its age, traffic, and niche relevance.

In addition to Ahrefs, there are other SEO tools and metrics that can be used to evaluate a domain's strength such as Moz Domain Authority (DA) and Alexa Rank. But keep in mind that these are all just one part of the overall picture and ultimately the domain's value will depend on the user's perception, market conditions and other factors.

Last edited:
•••
What puzzled me was that if a domain had never been developed into a website, how it could have a Seo Ranking of #1 out of 100? Granted, I'm not complaining per se, because it sure sounds great and was nice to see on at least three of my domains in my portfolio.

Isn't the ranking applicable more to actual websites, not simply parked domains?

Maybe the domain keywords can help for ranking if highly searched or trending/hot keywords !

•••
•••
•••
Ahrefs is a well-respected tool in the SEO community and a high ranking on their SEO metrics can indicate that a domain has strong backlinks and search engine visibility. However, it is important to note that SEO rankings are just one aspect of a domain's overall value.

Citing Ahrefs SEO rankings in your domain marketplace listings can be a useful way to highlight the domain's strengths to potential buyers. However, it is important to also provide additional information about the domain, such as its age, traffic, and niche relevance.

In addition to Ahrefs, there are other SEO tools and metrics that can be used to evaluate a domain's strength such as Moz Domain Authority (DA) and Alexa Rank. But keep in mind that these are all just one part of the overall picture and ultimately the domain's value will depend on the user's perception, market conditions and other factors.
Thanks for answering this lingering question!
What puzzled me was that if a domain had never been developed into a website, how it could have a Seo Ranking of #1 out of 100? Granted, I'm not complaining per se, because it sure sounds great and was nice to see on at least three of my domains in my portfolio.

Isn't the ranking applicable more to actual websites, not simply parked domains?

Last edited:
•••
Maybe the domain keywords can help for ranking if highly searched or trending/hot keywords !

Apparently!
The confusion came because the registrar that provides the ranking on their marketplace presented it for the .com, but not the .org version of a name I have.

So, basically it is a keyword ranking, and has nothing to do really with the history of the domain itself. Or do they also take into account what the tld is as well?

•••
Back