Dynadot

Ah, gotta love allposters

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Opened my mail yesterday and found a letter from allposters. A signed Christmas card from their staff... and in was... candycanes! No, just joking. Even better - a $100 check. Never a bad thing.
IN my opinion it's a great affiliate program. I always make a nice slice of cash each month and the staff is reliable and helpful.
I like it so much that I put together a very very very basic store - www.posteredge.com - and a very straightforward page of instructions - www.posteredge.com/instructions.htm

You should sign up! (naturally, if you signup from the link on posteredge.com, I'll help you out along the way).

Merry Christmas,
John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do all of these allposter data RSS feeds do? I see them advertised all of the time, free scripts for allposters. Do I need them to run a functional and profitable store?

•••
Hey, Everybody!

How's it going?
Anyone selling any Starwars/Sith posters lately?

What about sales in general?

Will there be a ramp-up in sales with back to school season?

Do you guys do best with a more "generic" look using the plain code from allposters, or do you have a better conversion rate by making a more complete or complex site?

best regards,
Andrew

•••
Yes, I would love ot hear answers to andrew's questions and I am also wondering...

I know that it is best to niche market. But ios it best to niche market with a niche poster domain (natureposters.com) or is it the same as operating a general poster domain (like allposterstoday.com) and then have separate pages and folders for the specific niches you promote and send the appropriate customer to the appropriate page. Like you would send nature poster buyers to h**p://www.allposterstoday.com/nature-posters/natureposter.htm

or

heavy metal poster buyers to h**p://www.allposterstoday.com/heavy-metal/heavy-metal-posters.htm

I figured that to make enough money ($100.00 per month would be fine for me eventually) you need to diversify your poster niches (and get sub affiliates, BTW). But I also figured that buying a domain for every niche can get quite expensive. So I figured using a general poster domain with niche tageted pages would be the best way to go about it. Any thoughts/experiences?

Johnny6, can you PM me with how I can get that list of keywords you were giving away to your sub-affilaites? I have just now signed up under you as a AP sub-affilaite after reading this whole thread. Gotta headache now :sick: .

Dwayne said:
i dont understand why it cost money..

LOL. You must have a hard time living then. :laugh:

Everything costs something. You gotta invest money, time, or both. You gotta spend it to make it.

Last edited:
•••
Hey, PosterPros!

PosterMania.us is available...

NP$ appreciated if you reg.

Good luck!

Andrew

•••
Zquest, I'll get you al ist of keywords shortly - probably tomorrow afternoon. Thanks,
John

•••
A little off topic but does anyone know where I can get a good template for a poster site for like 100 NP$?

•••
Johnny6, I've just signed up as AllPosters sub affiliate using link from your site. Thanks for your great thread and knowledge you can share with us. If you can PM me any useful information, I'll take it ;)

•••
Just registered my first poster name:

http://www.movie-poster.name

Only extension below $9.99 available at GoDaddy so i couldn't be too picky. Will start designing the site tommorow after I install the script.

•••
Johnny6 must be realy busy. I have not heared form him in a while and no answers to the latest questions here. Never sent the keyword list yet either.

Maybe he is too busy counting his AP commisions...LOL!

Wold be cool to hear from you, Johnny6. Sent you my email address in a PM to send the keyword list. No hurry, just wondering if you're still alive.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I like your design. The catchy subtitle is particularly memorable.

Although I'm no expert, I'd recommend you remove the adsense links, because:
1) Google may not like it as it is not a content-based website - it is against the TOS.
2) The purpose of the website is to sell posters and external links just detract from this.

FusunMedia said:
Well site is finished, anyone who gets a chance please give me feedback, http://www.movie-poster.name

•••
Thanks for your feedback!

•••
•••
•••
•••
WHOOPS! No, I copied his copyright symbol, and didn't change the rest of the info on all of the pages....... Sorry about that, Andrew!.

-Rick

•••
Well, I suppose Johnny6 has abandoned the poster biz. He posts to the forum but never responds to this thread anymore. Never got the keyword list either. Good luck guys.

•••
i currently affiliated with allposters, but don't know how to use, can anyone tell me how to use allposters.com affiliation

•••
yeah, I have actually abandoned posters for the time being. Been swamped with work, soccer sites, etc. I would suggest that you use the overture tool for a list of keywords. Type in posters, see what comes up. Then use all the resultant keywords individually and see what comes up. Just play around with them until you get a nice list of 200 or so keywords.

•••
Gee, thanks, parent affiliate! :tu:

•••
thanks for your sarcasm. Who the hell are you?

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been promoting this program much anymore, as I don't believe their tracking system is functional anymore. They deny it, but I think they're wrong.

For the record, my sub-affiliates made about $4 last month, so it didn't take a lot of time to "count all my sub-affiliate earnings". Not a recommended program right now - I would suggest trying an affiliate program that doesn't rob its affiliates when they start making too much money.

•••
Hi John,
I too am having some tracking issues with AP. I am going to call this week to see what the response is. I have had pretty good luck in getting through to a human in the past..

Since 90%+ of the sole proprietors' attempts to make sustainable substantial money from the internet fail, you are gonna have some frustration, and some sour grapes. Folks, as in ANY self-employment, there is no easy way. I will tell you one thing: I trust the suggestions and information here on this board more than most places on the internet. Don't you?
If you don't want or like the advice given here and the possibility of failure, stick with more traditional ways to make money.

good luck and best regards to all,

Andrew

•••
oh my.

My goodness, you should calm down there champ.

I've given 99.9% of subaffiliates advice on allposters, and quite a few non sub-affiliates advice. I set up the thread initially because I was very impressed with my return on investment and the level of support from allposters. Then, I set up a free instructions page to provide pointers, which I'm sure quite a few people have utilized. I'm failing to see exactly what faux pas I committed by giving a few hints free of charge, free of committment, for people to peruse and use as they see fit. At no point did I lock people into signing up under me with some silly script. I assumed people might sign up because they appreciated any pointers they saw. It's insulting/mendacious/irritating for you to insult me because I didn't make a list of keywords for you, a time consuming activity which I didn';t have the time for - and frankly, your attitude throughout hasn't exactly made me jump with joy at the prospect of doing work for you - as, a) I don't know you b) you're rude c) there will be likely no profitable gain

Presumably, if you're the guru of parent affiliate programs that you profess, you could figure out keywords.

I am quite comfortable that people will realize you're full of hot air, as besides a few losses of temper and perhaps a bit overboard PMing on one occasion, I don't believe I have a bad reputation at this forum.

Either way, I'm not going to lose a heck of a lot of sleep over your comments. To attack Andrew is ridiculous as well - I can vouch 100% that any method of making money he shares with anyone has worked for him. Why on Earth would he post a method of affiliates making money, signing people up as sub-affiliates, if it wasn't going to make money?? What would be the point? Sometimes methods of money-making, when shared, fizzle out. It's just a fact. That's why many people in domaining keep their profitable secrets 100% to themselves. And frankly, when people like yourself pop out of the woodwork, I don't blame them.

Happy July 4th.

John Holland

P.S. Oh yeah... I own 27 poster sites, mr zquest. I think it's quite acceptable for me to sell one here and there whenever I want, whereever I want. I fail to see how that puts into question integrity.

zquest said:
Edited by all4cost - zquest .... These folks do NOT have to help you but they have tryed to help everyone ... If you haven't had any success - Blame either Yourself or AllPosters - But not the members who have Taken the time to Give many people their Experiences as well as their time and effort ~ There is a Nice PM on the way from me ...

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
So, does allposters have tracking credibility problems?

I have future plans to seriously develop posters.sg as an affiliate site and if the allposters affiliate program has a question mark over it then I will reconsider my plans.

•••
taheny said:
So, does allposters have tracking credibility problems?

I have future plans to seriously develop posters.sg as an affiliate site and if the allposters affiliate program has a question mark over it then I will reconsider my plans.

Right now, I believe that they aren't tracking sales correctly. Judging from stats, I believe that they're tracking visitors and specific items visited correctly, but something goes haywire when it comes to tracking sales. My conversion rates have just plummeted in the last month or two - I have a hard time believing that's just a natural progression.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back