IT.COM

Aged or dropped or new domain

NameSilo
Watch

muhammad jaafar

Established Member
Impact
Hello,Hello,
members should assist, i saw a domain throuph whois lookup, the domain has a record since 2007 but now available for registration.
If i buy this domain name and build a website will google it as an 8year old domain or new domain?
members should assist, i saw a domain throuph whois lookup, the domain has a record since 2007 but now available for registration.
If i buy this domain name and build a website will google it as an 8year old domain or new domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it will be seen as a new domain.

•••
Once a domain is completely dropped it's age will start from beginning.
If it's an expired domain, it might not lose it's age.

•••
It will be starting it's age over as new.

Just make sure to make sure it has a clean past. Some bad things like Spam listings and so on can follow that domain when it starts new. Meaning if it was listed as a Spam site you will have to TRY to get it removed from Spam lists. Also, if it has a Google penalty then it will still have it when you register it. Then you have to submit a reconsideration request to Google to get it removed or it won't show up in their index.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back