Dynadot

Afternic vs Sedo. Where do you make more sales?

NameSilo
Watch

Where have you made more sales recently (Past 6 months- 1 year) ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Afternic

• Sedo

• Afternic through Dan & Dan lander

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
Where have you made more sales in the past 6 months to 1 year?

And if its through Afternic, what nameservers do you use?
ns1/ns2? or ns3/ns4, or ns5/ns6?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me Afternic was 1st, DAN 2nd, and Sedo 3rd. All domains were pointing to DAN landing pages.

•••
For me Afternic was 1st, DAN 2nd, and Sedo 3rd. All domains were pointing to DAN landing pages.
Were that all make offers or buy now, if you don't mind?

•••
•••
From sales report on Name bio I see Sedo has done more sales than Afternic.
Any opinion?

•••
Afternic is not reporting sales. Sedo does.

•••
Afternic is not reporting sales. Sedo does.
But I see Afternic sales data there as well. May be they are not reporting all the sales but only selective sales?

•••
Maybe the seller reported the sale to namebio and thats why it says afternic
because thats where they sold it

•••
•••
  • Sedo has a larger inventory: Sedo has over 20 million domain names listed for sale, while Afternic has around 5 million.
  • Afternic is owned by GoDaddy: Afternic is a subsidiary of GoDaddy, which means that GoDaddy customers have easy access to Afternic's inventory.
  • Sedo has a better user interface: Sedo's website is more user-friendly and easier to navigate than Afternic's.
  • Afternic has a higher sales volume: Afternic sells more domains than Sedo, but Sedo has a higher average sale price.
  • Sedo has better customer support: Sedo has a dedicated customer support team that is available 24/7, while Afternic's support is handled by GoDaddy's general support team.

https://atonce.com/blog/sedo-vs-afternic

Apparently within Afternic there are more buyers than Sedo even if Afternic offers fewer domains than Sedo

•••
  • Sedo has a larger inventory: Sedo has over 20 million domain names listed for sale, while Afternic has around 5 million.
  • Afternic is owned by GoDaddy: Afternic is a subsidiary of GoDaddy, which means that GoDaddy customers have easy access to Afternic's inventory.
  • Sedo has a better user interface: Sedo's website is more user-friendly and easier to navigate than Afternic's.
  • Afternic has a higher sales volume: Afternic sells more domains than Sedo, but Sedo has a higher average sale price.
  • Sedo has better customer support: Sedo has a dedicated customer support team that is available 24/7, while Afternic's support is handled by GoDaddy's general support team.

https://atonce.com/blog/sedo-vs-afternic

Apparently within Afternic there are more buyers than Sedo even if Afternic offers fewer domains than Sedo
I think Afternic has more domains because Sedo requires most of the times a TXT and It's time consuming

•••
Afternic usually gonna get ya more eyeballs due to GoDaddy being in their MLS network. With that said I actually prefer Sedo as a company.

Domain Listings= I add to Sedo and done no problems. Afternic I add them and randomly domains that are already listed and fine fall into pending review for months for no reason unless ya email them.

Payments= Afternic domain sells and I just wait till they pay me. Sedo I have quite a few where as soon as I push the domain the ACH payment hits my bank the next day.

Support= I get quicker responses to support inquiries from Sedo, guessing buyers do as well.

Interface= Sedo may look dated but it works. Afternic not so smooth. It's like Afternic bought Dan to figure out what a clean lander is and they bought Uniregistry to figure out what a killer messaging system is that allowed successful self brokering.

I think Afternic should have redirected Afternic and Uniregistry to Dan and made Dan the new Afternic as it's clean with all the options ya need.

When I get a MLS sold email I prefer when it's Sedo as I know quicker transaction and payment. Afternic I feel same old thing the 800 lb gorilla in the room with unlimited money that just buys people out cause they have horrible coding skills so let's buy everybody over fixing simple improvements in their site that seems to take them forever to fix.

If eyeballs were equal I'd delete my Afternic account. But due to GoDaddy being in their MLS I use both MLS networks.

•••
I've never sold anything at Sedo. My highest sell to date, out of all marketplaces, is at Afternic. :xf.smile:

•••
Hi

i had more sales on sedo in 2022, simply because more names are pointed there.
had one sale on afternic last year, but it was pointed to sedo.

also did a LTO in Dec. 2022 @ Dan, but the name was pointed to unireg.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
For those of you getting sales on Sedo... are these names priced? Or are they "Make offer"? Or a mix?

•••
Afternic:

im a handregger since january 1999 back into Godaddy (phone/support key) and had listed those $10 regzs for $25,000 each on Afternic. You never know how much someone else might offer for some they value more than you could appraise

domain aftermarket sales about unprofessional IMO to ask the domain owner to make the first bid ala. $xx,xxx or x,xxx ??

,,so got email from afternic broker saying he negotiated with one for me below 25k two years ago to accept at 16k: dot nft . com

in others words i didn't do it

get lucky

- Dennis Zabala

•••
For those of you getting sales on Sedo... are these names priced? Or are they "Make offer"? Or a mix?

Mixed, last one was make offer and buyer offered $2500, I never take a first offer but this was a domain I didn't really care about and had ya asked me for a price I probably would have dumped it for 1-1.5k so since he came in at 2.5k I said first time for everything and accepted his initial offer.

Pricing is always better on Sedo or Afternic as it enables the extended reach of the MLS networks. I've only ever been 10-20% priced listings but slowly I intend to bring this up to 40-50%.

•••
Never had a sale on Sedo. Had loads on AN mostly without having them pointed there. Names mainly pointed to Dan and had a couple sales there but not ad many as AN.

•••
Hi

majority have BIN price, with the option to submit an offer.

imo...

•••
Back