Dynadot

discuss Afternic told me should not have names in Uniregistry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doc24

A Wish SandwichEstablished Member
Impact
I was listing in afternic certain domains and they were not showing ??

"In order to have the domain not appearing in Afternic, you must delete them from the Uniregistry Market. Even if we force delete them on our end, the domains will then just synchronize back. Once it is removed from the Uniregistry Market, you can then list it directly in your Afternic portfolio, to then manage your listings here."

An obvious way to get their 20% instead of an inquiry coming direct to you from uniregistry and you as the seller doing the deal.

If thats the case why is Uniregistry still available to list ????

If what they say is true its ridiculous because I have all my domains also listed in UNI, Dan and Sedo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I told this problem to @Joe Styler ( i think ) & in private to other members
in order to list domain names , must be done first on Afternic & after on Uni
If you list first on Uni CAN'T on Afternic
Very frustrated & strange & not good
It's not a problem to have names listed on Uniregistry special if nameservers are set for Uniregistry

Also all domains go to Godaddy auction section if are listed on Afternic and/or Uniregistry and if you set let say ( example ): 999 minimum , flor 1499 , bin 1999...on Godaddy auction when go to auction they go for 80 days and if you want to change prices on Uniregistry or Afternic the auction of that domains will go with the initial price so it's possible to sell a domain at 999 instead of 2499 if you set this price in those 80 days
Only after 80 the start of new auction of the domain take in consideration 2499 price ( if not change/keep it for )

Last edited:
•••
That's strange, I always list my domains on both Afternic and Uniregistry and have never had this issue.
Any time I have a domain that is already in their database, I just send them a message and they delete it their record and after that I can add the domain just fine.

•••
That's strange, I always list my domains on both Afternic and Uniregistry and have never had this issue.
Any time I have a domain that is already in their database, I just send them a message and they delete it their record and after that I can add the domain just fine.

I strongly suggest you keep your domains on only one venue. I had plenty of problems in the past with offers that got messed up and the support from both marketplaces insisting that they were coming from unique sources (until it proved that they weren't).

That was sometime ago though. Apparently now they know that this can't work properly.

•••
I strongly suggest you keep your domains on only one venue. I had plenty of problems in the past with offers that got messed up and the support from both marketplaces insisting that they were coming from unique sources (until it proved that they weren't).

That was sometime ago though. Apparently now they know that this can't work properly.
This sounds like the buyer might have sent offers from both marketplaces ( maybe an attempt to get a better price since Afternic sales agents are allowed to drop the price if you've set a floor price). In any case, I've never had offers for the same domain come from both marketplaces at the same time. Still it's good to know that these types of conflicts have happened in the past.

•••
This sounds like the buyer might have sent offers from both marketplaces ( maybe an attempt to get a better price since Afternic sales agents are allowed to drop the price if you've set a floor price). In any case, I've never had offers for the same domain come from both marketplaces at the same time. Still it's good to know that these types of conflicts have happened in the past.

If that happened once or twice, I would have agreed but it happens every single time I get an offer on Uniregistry.

Just two days ago, I received an offer on one of my domains at Uni and immediately I received an email from Afternic about an offer on that domain.

From what I can think of, they make it easy for the buyers to send offers on both venues (I don't see any reason for that), the marketplaces are connected somehow or, when someone clicks at GoDaddy, the offers gets across to both venues.

Whatever is the reason however, that is a messy way to handle things.

•••

Never had that problem and what they said makes ZERO sense for just 3 names when I have them all listed at both ?

•••
Correct

•••
I get no notifications if I get an inquiry on Uni.

Why does this happen? @Joe Styler

•••

Good question - Diverting leads to afternic I would imagine - if thats the case why not take down UNI ?

•••

the best place to ask is service@ afternic . com. They should be able to look at your account and give you an answer.

•••
Back