Dynadot

sales Afternic sold .ai domain but can't be transferred

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sandro.Agency

Upgraded Member
Impact
Hello,

I sold my .ai domain for good chunk of money, it is reg. on DynaDot - I unlocked it and provided code but it doesn't go through. I assume due to 60days lock. It's been a month since the reg.
Contacted Afternic support, waiting for a reply.

I really don't want this sale to fail as hit is quite good one. Any tips/recs on what do? Ways around it? - Please help

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I sold my .ai domain for good chunk of money, it is reg. on DynaDot - I unlocked it and provided code but it doesn't go through. I assume due to 60days lock. It's been a month since the reg.

I really don't want this sale to fail as hit is quite good one. Any tips/recs on what do? Ways around it? - Please help
My experience is that Afternic will want to wait out the 60-day registry lock. I have been fortunate that these sales almost always complete for me. Afternic, in my experience, does very few pushes to get around the lock for names that are not at GoDaddy.

I frequently offer to set NS or URL forward for the buyer while they wait but that happens less frequently than pushes.

Good luck!

•••
I purchased a domain name beginning of year which I had to wait for due to the 60 days lock.

I received a message from the aftermarket platform explaining the delay and it couldn't be released until *this date*, date came and it was transferred.

It was no biggie, I was set on it, knew what I wanted to do with it - so the wait was a minor inconvenience. :)

•••
Thank you Garet and LucyC. I hope it will work out 👨‍💻

•••
•••
Hello,

May have to wait until the 60 day lock is over. I don't think the buyer can change their mind and get a refund. I am not sure though.

•••
They either will tell you to wait or to push to an afternic account at the current registrar. Just inform the TA if they have not already contacted you. Don't worry it's quite standard. I have never lost a deal for the lock.

•••
Hello,

Hi @Sandro.Agency
Congrats on your sale! As others have pointed out, we recommend chatting with your Transaction Assurance rep to discuss available options.

•••
Thx everyone for your replies and support! TA asked me to generate a new code and they said nothing else is required from my side. Waiting to see if the transfer will be completed. Will keep ya posted

•••
how can trnasfer complete if locked for 60 days? that's the problem with afternic landers... u have zero way to talk to buyer. use no or bodis lander to get buyer email in future. if u had buyer email u would be already taking money to bank via a simple dyna bin sale at 10perrrcent so less than an.

•••
just to give an update, not sure what they did but once I gave the code via email to the TA - they managed to get it transfered! (I believe probably using same registry). But its done! Thx evryone!

•••
can u share name and or price

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back