Dynadot

question Afternic - So now it's NS1/NS2 only? Others suspended?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elodo

Established Member
Impact
It looks to me like Afternic recently removed all mentions of NS3/NS4 and NS5/NS6 from the website?..

"visitors are routed to the right page that we have optimized for both advertising revenue and sales velocity."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks to me like Afternic recently removed all mentions of NS3/NS4 and NS5/NS6 from the website?..

"visitors are routed to the right page that we have optimized for both advertising revenue and sales velocity."
Hello @elodo

That particular sentence is present since at least 2013, as you can see on this archived version of the same page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130110013747/https://www.afternic.com/domain-parking

If you click on Domain Parking and then Sales Acceleration, the NS3/NS4 and NS5/NS6 nameservers are still mentioned.

PS: I was really excited when you said that something had changed on the Afternic website. Usually things on that website only change every 5 - 10 years.

Last edited:
•••
PS: I was really excited when you said that something had changed on the Afternic website. Usually things on that website only change every 5 - 10 years.

:ROFL:

•••
Yes, even the initial page has had several typos domains that have been there for years. One of the blessings of no longer listing domains with them is to not see some of the same, somewhat nauseating domains on their index page. IMHO.

•••
Thank you, @future-sensors, for pointing me -
I remembered seeing those pages, looked for them but couldn't find them again - so I assumed that was gone.

Sorry in case I false-alarmed somebody.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back