IT.COM

Afternic Payment Delays - 14 days and Counting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain_Hunters

@Domain_Hunters TwitterEstablished Member
Impact
Hi,

I have sold the domain on afternic almost 14 Days ago.

The support from afternic sucks..

Can someone point me to the right person responsible in the forum..

I regret using afternic..

Thanks & Regards
Domain Hunters

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
oh , that AF ,lives in 1999 design website

•••
Hi,

Thanks & Regards
Domain Hunters
Hi,

Thanks & Regards
Domain Hunters
Anyone ??

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Yeah thats all you can do. Maybe post in official thread and joe joe will get an email notification or post in prayer thread🙏

•••
•••
Thank you, just added rich to the email thread.

Will keep you guys posted

•••
Hi,

Thanks & Regards
Domain Hunters
Same happened with me, sold 2 names more than 20 days ago, one completed just couple of days ago, other one is still transferring. Terrible service.

•••

First, congrats on the sale! Admittedly, Afternic may have a slower payment compared to some other marketplaces, but I've learned to appreciate the fact that they really do deliver sales.

Afternic/GD have cited that payments can take up to 20 days. Waiting for a payment for almost three weeks can be frustrating, and hopefully improved upon in the future. A faster turn around really could be a benefit for them, as sales proceeds could very well be used by the seller for further purchases on their marktplaces.

For myself, I've found that the Afternic Fast Transfer has provided payments within less than a week. Even if that's not an actual guaranteed perk using their FT service, it seems for me that there has been a faster payment processing benefit.
Joe Styler has been a useful resource for the GD/Afternic issues on NamePros. Perhaps he can address whether the payments will be more streamlined in the future. Dan has been able to provide payments within a day or so. Having Afternic emulate that would be great.

Last edited:
•••
Same happened with me, sold 2 names more than 20 days ago, one completed just couple of days ago, other one is still transferring. Terrible service.
Again, congrats on the sales, and hopefully JoeStyler can help expedite the payment.

•••
It really varies. There are sales, AN pays out in couple of days, there are ones that can get stuck for couple of weeks or longer.

it seems to depend on when the buyer decides to takeover the ownership from AN escrow account. Some buyers can be slow with it and AN won't part with money until the goods have been delivered.

Of course, given their size, they could analyze and make it part of risk mitigation. Like how many times a buyer doesn't complete the transaction and demands refund? Probably very very rarely on sub $5k purchases. They could also modify their ToS to protect themselves against such demands. But generally, I suspect, the risk is below 0.1% of the transaction volume. And, therefore, it is would be logical to consider just modifying this policy and releasing funds as soon as seller delivers the name.

•••
Exercise a little patience , if the domain was transferred out , you are close to getting paid . Afternic likes to finalize transactions after everything is complete to be on the safe side , payment fully clearing from the buyer, transferring of the domain name , VAT . You should be very close to receiving your payout though

•••
I still did Not get my payment ...

I have been associated with them since 5 years and haven't had an issue..

This is worst support I have seen

.. Afternic says it has transferred the amount
.. Bank Says it has not received
.. Afternic customer support takes 2 weeks time to answer an email

Last edited:
•••

So it has been over 20 days, and still no payment received by the bank? Perhaps now that it is after the weekend, something will show up there. Maybe it would also be good to confirm that they have the correct financial institution account numbers?

•••
This doesn't always happen. It can with any registrar - Afternic was good to go with my transaction, can't speak for everyone though.

•••

I got my last payout, took them a month. LOL.
Sold in October ending, got paid in November ending.
Usually they do it in a week or so, in few days if its fast transfer.
But this time they're all into holidays or what?

•••
I got my last payout, took them a month. LOL.
Sold in October ending, got paid in November ending.
Usually they do it in a week or so, in few days if its fast transfer.
But this time they're all into holidays or what?
Could another possibility be that the buyer was trying to back out of the deal? AN might not share such information, but instead try to work still with the buyer. One wonders if sometimes there are long delays for payments when the buyer needs more time even to get the funds. If they are still able to keep the sale thanks to their efforts, that might not be a bad thing.
Perhaps they could share if that is part of the issue. It might help you feel better about the delay, if they are trying to make sure you still get a sale that otherwise might not happen despite the buyer's initial commitment.

•••
I am experiencing the same problem. The domain was sold and manually transferred on November 23 and still waiting for my payment. The domain was under a Godaddy LLC sub-company during that time and yesterday I saw that it was developed by the buyer.

I have not received a reason for the delay from Afternic, just that they will let me know when they have an update from their payment department...

The last time the sale got cancelled, do they have a 30 day return policy or similar? In that case they should state it in their terms and conditions I don't like leasing my domains for free.

•••
I am experiencing the same problem. The domain was sold and manually transferred on November 23 and still waiting for my payment. The domain was under a Godaddy LLC sub-company during that time and yesterday I saw that it was developed by the buyer.
Don't you wonder if the entire payment delay issue would be resolved if the domain transfer could only occur AFTER the seller receives their funds?

If more instances of payment delays are happening, there is a concern that Afternic then coud start using the "fast payment" promise as a negotiation tool, to get a seller to lower the price on a domain. I had a recent transaction with them. I did sell a domain for less than asking price. Their offer of a "fast transaction," was somewhat curious. One would hope payment would be fast, regardless of the price being accepted by the seller. Granted, I appreciated their sale efforts regardless, but would hope that this not a new negotiation strategy in general.

If Dan can pay within a day or two, is there any reason that Afternic should not be able to promise payment within perhaps a week? Hopefully, the Afternic/Godaddy reps here could chime in.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Hopefully, this situation will be resolved very promptly.

Last edited:
•••
Updated on 20 Dec

My recent payment delay is because of the minimum threshold amount I set for wire transfer was a little bit higher then the exact payout amount. :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
Back