IT.COM

AFTERNIC Log-In Block: Rep Baffled, Silence in 4 Days Since - Anyone Experience Similar Issue?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain.Drop

Established Member
Impact
Four days ago, I attempted to log into my @Afternic account only to be greeted by the following message in white text in a red banner across my screen.

"You are currently delegated as . All activity will be logged."

What activity? It never logged me in for activity to occur. Different browsers, cleared cache, restarted laptop, phone browser - all resulted in the same red banner.

I contacted Afternic regarding the laptop block, and the representative confirmed that my account was in good standing and said that they had never seen this issue before and would look into the matter. I sent them screenshots after even the phone login failed, and they thanked me for the followup and assured me they'd get back to me on the matter. In the three days since, I've received no further communication. The first followup email requesting an update was opened and left unanswered, and the subsequent one yesterday has not even been opened.

Anyone deal with a similar situation with Afternic before? I'd love a heads up on what is going on. The sudden drop in response from Afternic is not helping earn my trust in their choices in handling problems. I can understand delayed response especially given CO-VID19 making everything challenging, but I feel three days and going is a bit much for a domain business.

m1s9BKI.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Similar experience, not the same message, called them. Now fixed. Sorry to hear they are not responsive.

•••
Hi, I logged into my Afternic account this morning to see the exact same message? It still showing even now, contacted Afternic this morning, as normal will have to wait another couple of days for a reply.

Did you guys manage to find out what is the cause of this?

What I find extremely strange is I received an email this morning, the email was apparently sent to my email, from my email.. confusing right. Anyway I clicked too see whose email was under my username which coincidently was the same username as my Afternic account, and it showed [email protected], the attachment was a blank pdf file? I was absolutely baffled, and then low and behold I try and access my Afternic account and this message comes up exactly shown as per your screen shot?

Any ideas?

•••
Hi, I logged into my Afternic account this morning to see the exact same message? It still showing even now, contacted Afternic this morning, as normal will have to wait another couple of days for a reply.

Thanks for reporting. This same problem is now reported in 3 separate threads on NamePros, and things are seriously broken at Afternic, again.

Cc: @Joe Styler

https://www.namepros.com/threads/afternic-down.1251695/#post-8459397

https://www.namepros.com/threads/go...30th-of-september.1254229/page-2#post-8459135

Last edited:
•••
same situation here since two days , i need to log off and refresh the page and log in again each time !!!

1637457851136.png

•••
•••
Same here, after several clicks on dashboard it partially works.
Having DLS Fast transfer turned on is concerning on a broken platform

Last edited:
•••
Having this issue now anyone else got it?

•••
Unable to access afternic
BÎG things coming to afternic in 2021 joe joe was saying earlier this year.

Are afternic landers working?

•••
Same error by my account also, I send the email to Afternic support.

•••
•••
•••
Maybe the errors on the platform are related to the security breach at Godaddy that is in the news today.

Let's hope @Joe Styler is able to fix the problems at Afternic soon.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like it's fixed now...

•••
Yes it was fixed this morning. Sorry about that. I am not on Namepros everyday. Usually once or twice a week.

•••
Yes it was fixed this morning. Sorry about that. I am not on Namepros everyday. Usually once or twice a week.
I believe that the frequency of your presence on this forum should not matter. Afternic just needs to get more stable, independent of that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back