Dynadot

Afternic launches the lead center beta

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TangoTango

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone seeing the status of "stalled" and "confused"? what do these two statuses mean? Godaddy didn't do a good job of explaining in the initial article.

Also anyone seeing a conversion increase from this tool?
I have two ''stalled'' leads, which probably means 'case closed' at the moment due to a second low ball offer or due to 'no offer yet' in my case.

Last edited:
•••
I have two ''stalled'' leads, which probably means 'case closed' at the moment due to a second low ball offer or due to 'no offer yet' in my case.
Makes sense. I am hoping that adjusting my prices will make these leads warm again.

•••
•••
I think this means that the buyer filled out the form on ns3/ns4 page and requested a price.
That can be very helpful iniformation---if a buyer received a price but no sale happened.
It is good to see Afternic's increasing efforts at transparency here.

•••
I guess it was my idea... Lead related posts on March 7
https://www.namepros.com/threads/my-own-landing-page-makes-me-proud.1296010/post-8868283
IMG_20230315_001221.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I have noticed that when I try to access the lead centre from my phone, I get this.
Messages are invisible.
Is it something that has to do with my phone or the mobile version of Afternic?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-15-12-21-16-104_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-12-21-16-104_com.android.chrome.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I have noticed that when I try to access the lead centre from my phone, I get this.
Messages are invisible.
Is it something that has to do with my phone or the mobile version of Afternic?
Afternic says that the mobile UX has responsive design, but you're right @phaethon, this is not true for the new Lead Center.

Screenshot_20230315_152251_Chrome.jpg

•••
Overall, very happy with the new feature. Judging by the leads flow, this feature could be a game changer for investors and afternic. New lead today for a 20K name.
However, if previous activity could be recorded as well, that would be perfect to see the levels of market traction.

My latest lead is not new as Afternic mentions, however, it has been recorded, because the agent sent an email to the buyer.

''Original Lead Created Prior to Lead Center Launch
The original lead was created prior to the Lead Center, as a result previous activities are not recorded here.''

Last edited:
•••
I think everyone needs need to take a closer look at their stalled leads.

I have what appear to be 30 auto-stalled leads between 2 brokers over the past month.

By auto-stalled, I mean of 30 of the 120+ recent leads that came in were automatically closed as either "attempting to qualify buyer" or "Confused and not interested in purchasing a domain."

The timestamps tell the story.

This was a massive red flag for me.

Not to mention, there were also over a dozen leads closed as "confused." (They didn't even have brokers assigned to them.)

Needless to say, I'm no longer parking with Afternic and if this keeps up I'll wash my hands of them once and for all.

•••

I have what appear to be 30 auto-stalled leads between 2 brokers over the past month.

By auto-stalled, I mean of 30 of the 120+ recent leads that came in were automatically closed as either "attempting to qualify buyer" or "Confused and not interested in purchasing a domain."

Not to mention, there were also over a dozen leads closed as "confused." (They didn't even have brokers assigned to them.)

Needless to say, I'm no longer parking with Afternic and if this keeps up I'll wash my hands of them once and for all.
Any positive results with all the other leads?

Last edited:
•••

I think this new feature needs a year at least for testing, but it's better than nothing. Even seeing some traction and getting feedback, could be helpful, especially if you price your domains high like myself and others.
The average buyer does not even know about the aftermarket, it's a shock when they realize that the great domain they chose for their business website does not cost $10, but $5.000. They might even think its a scam and that's where GoDaddy brand helps a great deal.

Last edited:
•••
Any positive results with all the other leads?
I had a decent January with roughly 25K in sales the first two weeks. However, Afternic hasn't produced a single sale for me since the beginning of February.

To go a week or two without a sale happens occasionally. To go a month or more without a sale is very rare. That's when I start looking into why, which is how I discovered that leads were being killed without a single email being sent to the inquirer.

When I sorted the leads a pattern appeared.

When I exported the leads, I was able to see the timestamps and that's when everything became very clear. I knew right then something was definitely off.

I immediately changed all of my nameservers and BOOM, just like that, action that resulted in a sale through the new lander! (Godaddy customer.)

In life I've learned the bigger they are, the more you have to keep an eye on them.

The only reason I even keeping my names listed with them...for now, is because up until they aligned the commissions, the majority of my sales have been through the Afternic network.

(Who knows? Maybe someone got upset that I made the errant listing workaround public.) LMAO! It wouldn't surprise me, since right after I did, they put it on the chopping block.

We'll see what happens.

•••
I think this new feature needs a year at least for testing, but it's better than nothing. Even seeing some traction and getting feedback, could be helpful, especially if you price your domains high like myself and others.
The average buyer does not even know about the aftermarket, it's a shock when they realize that the great domain they chose for their business website does not cost $10, but $5.000. They might even think its a scam and that's where GoDaddy brand helps a great deal.

I'm afraid this is not about the feature, which is nothing more than a copy of Domainnamesales/UNI's lead center. Nor is it about average buyers who are unfamiliar with aftermarket domain purchases.

This is 100% about killing leads without a single email sent or call logged.

•••
I had a decent January with roughly 25K in sales the first two weeks. However, Afternic hasn't produced a single sale for me since the beginning of February.

To go a week or two without a sale happens occasionally. To go a month or more without a sale is very rare. That's when I start looking into why, which is how I discovered that leads were being killed without a single email being sent to the inquirer.

When I sorted the leads a pattern appeared.

When I exported the leads, I was able to see the timestamps and that's when everything became very clear. I knew right then something was definitely off.

I immediately changed all of my nameservers and BOOM, just like that, action that resulted in a sale through the new lander! (Godaddy customer.)
Certainly sounds unusual. It's great that at least you had some decent sales at the beginning of the year!

What were the nameservers that you changed to, leading to a sale right afterwards? And was that buyer effectively a new lead? Or was it an old lead that then proceeded to purchase the domain?

And, BTW, it's good that you are keeping on your toes. Hopefully, this simply helps remind GD to keep on theirs, to help you have even more sales!

Last edited:
•••
I'm afraid this is not about the feature, which is nothing more than a copy of Domainnamesales/UNI's lead center. Nor is it about average buyers who are unfamiliar with aftermarket domain purchases.

This is 100% about killing leads without a single email sent or call logged.
I have same experience, 3 offers stalled without any tries by Taylor B borker

•••
•••
Certainly sounds unusual. It's great that at least you had some decent sales at the beginning of the year!

What were the nameservers that you changed to, leading to a sale right afterwards? And was that buyer effectively a new lead? Or was it an old lead that then proceeded to purchase the domain?

And, BTW, it's good that you are keeping on your toes. Hopefully, this simply helps remind GD to keep on theirs, to help you have even more sales!

Thank you. When everything is working as it should, the sales flow.

Changed over to DAN and as far as I can tell, it was a new lead.

•••
Thank you. When everything is working as it should, the sales flow.

Changed over to DAN and as far as I can tell, it was a new lead.
Great to hear that that worked. Now, the question would be that if you switched back to AN nameservers, would the same phenomenon occur?

Another question is whether doing the switches causes issues with the Afternic lead center? Since they are NS changes only, presumably not. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has tried this, and what successes they had.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your experiences.

•••
Great to hear that that worked. Now, the question would be that if you switched back to AN nameservers, would the same phenomenon occur?

Another question is whether doing the switches causes issues with the Afternic lead center? Since they are NS changes only, presumably not. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has tried this, and what successes they had.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your experiences.

Nameservers settings shouldn't affect the lead center. Regardless, I will never park my investments with them again.

Edit: I'll be permanently removing my entire portfolio from Afternic and DAN as well.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know how close they work with Dan, but I suggested to an agent that the buyer could pay with his best offer the first installment on a 6 month Dan plan. I doubt they communicate though, but Dan's lease plans could save some stalled AN leads.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know how close they work with Dan, but I suggested to an agent that the buyer could pay with his best offer the first installment on a 6 month Dan plan. I doubt they communicate though, but Dan's lease plans could save some stalled AN leads.
Excellent idea! That could be a powerful combination--- the power of the leads from Afternic with the flexibility of Lease to own payments with DAN!

•••
That's one of them.
The broker answered me yesterday and said he noted the buyer from countries that do not typically purchase domain names and are usually confused.

•••
Back