IT.COM

Afternic launches the lead center beta

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TangoTango

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, looks good. Any sort of statistics, especially when it comes to Afternic - where you normally have zero clue of what's going on - is a good news.

•••
Just read it as about five minutes ago as well.
It's a good read and a nice development.

Thanks for keeping this in the open

•••
Looks like a step in the right direction for the domaining community, And its free. 👌

•••
afternic-lead-center6-1050x513.png

This increased transparency is important.

Some questions, though:

1. What is the "y" axis for the above chart. In other words, what are the actual "conversion" rates we a re talking about?
2. Does this process provide clear confirmation of the actual price ultimately being paid by the buyer?
3. Is there an opt-out, that allows sellers listing with AN to NOT have broker involvement? If, for example, there is only a BIN price, which is the floor and minimum as well, would this exclude any broker involvement (without someone actually paying for a GD brokerage contract).
4. Are traffic stats to the domains going to be provided, especially for the Ns5,ns6 landers?
5. Was there ever an actual "opt-in" for this arrangement with sellers on the Afternic platform when this started late last year? That may have been useful information for some customers, especially if they were deciding on a marketplace for their listings.

Basically, now listing your domains with Afternic means that they are now part of the GD brokerage? That might be a tremendous asset, but perhaps further clarify an the ability to opt-out would be beneficial for some sellers. After all, there are apparently some excellent negotiators on this forum, who likely could do the transactions on their own with their expertise.

Last edited:
•••
Great. Just saw that I had a $750 low ball offer for a $4500 name. Very useful feature.

Last edited:
•••
Just checked, this is a huge progress.

•••
This is an adoption of Uni Market, good to see it's on Afternic now. Now we know when there is a domain that is in the process of bidding. Too bad Uni Market is closing soon, small fee if we negotiate of our own leads.

•••
•••
This is an adoption of Uni Market, good to see it's on Afternic now. Now we know when there is a domain that is in the process of bidding. Too bad Uni Market is closing soon, small fee if we negotiate of our own leads.

Sad to see the Uni Market go. I was with them for a long time. We have no choice but, to go to Afternic.

•••
Only on Uni Market sellers can negotiate on their own leads with the smallest fee.
In fact, I was even forced to close a transaction on another platform after negotiating on Uni market. It was under 60 days (lock period) and the buyer is an end user and not willing to wait until the 60 days expire. I had no choice but to let the transaction fail.

•••
Only on Uni Market sellers can negotiate on their own leads with the smallest fee.
So, on DAN, buyers and sellers can directly do their own negotiation, and have direct contact with the seller. That was a nice feature of their marketplace. The final price negotiated was clearly the actual sale price. The transparency was refreshing.

On UNI, how was the negotiation process different?

Last edited:
•••
On Afternic, will we be absolutely certain that the final price is the price being paid by the buyer, and not a lower price than ultimately presented to the would-be buyer.
A broker cannot sell your name for a price lower than your bin / floor. If you have a bin of 5000 a floor of 2500 the buyer is told about the 5k, from there, the broker has a right to sell it for 2500 and obviously, if they are paid commission, they lose the lower it goes to. Is it possible a broker will rush to fast to the lower point? Yes. It's also possible a broker won't rush quick enough and you will lose the entire sale.

You must set your price to the min you will be happy with selling and forget about it. Every domainer feels the broker could've gotten more. Everyone that hires a broker for anything feels the broker could've gotten more. One of the worst feelings as a broker is when you put in work and the sellers are always unhappy when you get them the price they agreed on.

Some people, really horrible ungrateful people, will always feel the broker undersold even if the broker happen to get them twice the asking price. It is brutal being a broker, most people that call or contact are not upfront if they can afford something. They ask you to call them on a specific day and they are not available. They agree to a price and even tell you they are sending the money and they don't. They agree to a price and then talk to some guy they meet at a public restroom and that guy told them to offer half.

If you are the type that always feels a broker is not doing enough, you should try a lander that only has your info. You are also the type that is probably paranoid that when you get an email that your name sold for 3k that maybe you priced it 7k but someone secretly edited the price.

FastTransfer has a lot of benefits. One big one is that before fast transfer, some domainers would change their mind when they got a notice their name sold. If I was a broker I would not broker a name that is not in an escrow account already. Too risky with many ungrateful domainers.

•••
So, on DAN, buyers and sellers can directly do their own negotiation, and have direct contact with the seller. That was a nice feature of their marketplace. The final price negotiated was clearly the actual sale price. The transparency was refreshing.

On UNI, how was the negotiation process different?
Nothing different on the negotiation process or else unless you get transactions above 20000 or even more. As now Dan 15% fee, I might put most of my portfolio to Afternic and some to Daaz.

accepting-offers-unireg.png

•••
i like dan , i hope it is not godaddy 's strategic to upgate afternic and kill DAN like UNI

•••
•••
If you are the type that always feels a broker is not doing enough, you should try a lander that only has your info.
The simple fact was that i had not hired a broker. I also was not aware on Afternic that when the BIN, floor price, an minimum price were all the same, that brokers still get involved with sales.

Why bother asking sellers to place a "floor" price, if brokers are going to be involved regardless?

To me, it would have been helpful to announce this brokerage feature before implementing it late last year.

You are also the type that is probably paranoid that when you get an email that your name sold for 3k that maybe you priced it 7k but someone secretly edited the price
No, I've not had that concern, since I keep track of the pricing. But, if it's something that I should be worried about, please let me know.

•••
I see two leads from the end of February that stalled a few days ago. Does this feature show only recent leads? If we could see any activity over the last 1-2 years, that would be very helpful.

Last edited:
•••
I see two leads from the end of February that stalled a few days ago. Does this feature show only recent leads? If we could see any activity over the last 1-2 years, that would be very helpful.
Those offers are all $0 right?

•••
•••
Those offers are all $0 right?
First offer was $500, second was $750, then the sale stalled due to my $4500 bin, the other one was a lead, but no offer made yet. Both leads are very recent between the end of February and 12th of Matrch.
Can anyone see older leads from January or last year?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Anyone seeing the status of "stalled" and "confused"? what do these two statuses mean? Godaddy didn't do a good job of explaining in the initial article.

Also anyone seeing a conversion increase from this tool?

•••
Too bad we can't see slightly older leads.

•••
Too bad we can't see slightly older leads.
Yeah, that would be awesome. We would make small adjustments that could help, I think.
Maybe they could do it, it's already recorded.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back