Watch

Ntmt

Top Member
Impact
upload_2021-4-27_18-43-26.png

NS5.AFTERNIC.COM
NS6.AFTERNIC.COM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Up and working on my end anxiously awaiting for the first week/month results.

•••
Lol. It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. We wanted BIN when we just had contact forms and phone numbers. Now, we have BIN and we are also asking for contact forms.

I think people want everything DAN just with a GoDaddy brand attached.

The "make offer" is more useful on domains with higher asking prices IMO. In those cases the negotiation does matter.

I have a lot of domains on Afternic as BIN with make offer. 50% range is normally my min offer, and 10%-20% discount on floor price.

It is hardly ever that a domain receives an offer, or sells between the floor price and BIN. If the domain is priced in a normal end user range like $500 - $5,000 the majority of interested buyers just pull the trigger from my experience, if the domain is easy to buy.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thank you all for the useful feedback in this early stage, keep it coming. I will decide when all is stable. There will be a new Dan.com soon as well, and I think I'll give them a try first.

•••
Glad to see these are now available! Going to put some names priced at $850 and $2500 on there and see how they do.

•••
I guess for me DAN still have one additional huge advantage, domain financing/leasing.

•••
Lol. It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. We wanted BIN when we just had contact forms and phone numbers. Now, we have BIN and we are also asking for contact forms.

I think people want everything DAN just with a GoDaddy brand attached.

You might be right. I am not even trying ns5. until they provide firm data that it would improve sales (I might do my own A/B test if I have time. With thousands of domains I could get a good feel which one works better).

For now, though, not trying to fix something that ain't broken.

What I really would like GD to implement is providing traffic stats or ability to add GA.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I switched a bunch of domains to the new landers over 14 hours back. None of them seem to resolve at least on my end.

Anyone else facing such issue? All domains are actively listed at Afternic with a BIN.

•••
None of them seem to resolve at least on my end.

In those cases I like to run a propagation check, you can easily do this by searching for
dns propagation check
in your favorite search engine.
  • Enter one of your domains into the check form,
  • select the NS option to run a nameserver check
  • Look at the results from several test servers worldwide: If all (or nearly all) of them show the new nameservers (in that case ns5 and ns6.afternic.com), the change seems to have propagated well.
In addition, you can also try setting your computer's DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google's nameservers) or 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (CloudFlare's nameservers) and try accessing one of your domains in your browser.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
•••
I switched a bunch of domains to the new landers over 14 hours back. None of them seem to resolve at least on my end.

Anyone else facing such issue? All domains are actively listed at Afternic with a BIN.

If you are accessing from an Indian IP address, it may not work! Try visiting from other countries IP address!

or

I don't see any problem redirecting to godaddy.com/forsale/yourdomain.com

•••
If you are accessing from an Indian IP address, it may not work! Try visiting from other countries IP address!

or

I don't see any problem redirecting to godaddy.com/forsale/yourdomain.com

What if an indian buyer would like to buy it? They just see an error page. NS5 and NS6 DNS should be resolved.

@Joe Styler

•••
What if an indian buyer would like to buy it? They just see an error page. NS5 and NS6 DNS should be resolved.

@Joe Styler

Hi @DNGear and others,

What error page do you get exactly?

If you see an error page on a Godaddy.com URL, DNS resolving worked pretty well, but the Godaddy backend is sending you to a wrong URL, or some other thing is messed up. Or the backend is sending you to local geo-servers that are not correctly configured for your domain. At least, that is what I think is happening here, reading some of the postings and looking at the screenshots in this thread.

So, I'd invite all testers to be more precise about what they're experiencing:

1. DNS errors

Browser says that the site is down, or that there is no Internet connection, etc.​
-or-

2. Errors after you have arrived on a Godaddy URL

It could be that Godaddy nameservers cannot be reached in certain countries. Or that the Godaddy website is blocked on a higher level. All this information is interesting to know as well, and I am a bit surprised that Godaddy did not find these errors in an earlier stage. Blocking can happen on a lot of different levels (IP based, ASN based, URL based, etc.)​

Last edited:
•••
@Future Sensors
Please check these screenshots and let us know what would be the issue.(I am not a techie)

upload_2021-4-30_23-12-59.png

Throw VPN

upload_2021-4-30_23-14-2.png

Last edited:
•••
Hi @DNGear and others,

What error page do you get exactly?

If you see an error page on a Godaddy.com URL, DNS resolving worked pretty well, but the Godaddy backend is sending you to a wrong URL, or some other thing is messed up. Or the backend is sending you to local geo-servers that are not correctly configured for your domain. At least, that is what I think is happening here, reading some of the postings and looking at the screenshots in this thread.

So, I'd invite all testers to be more precise about what they're experiencing:

1. DNS errors

Browser says that the site is down, or that there is no Internet connection, etc.​
-or-

2. Errors after you have arrived on a Godaddy URL
It could be that Godaddy nameservers cannot be reached in certain countries. Or that the Godaddy website is blocked on a higher level. All this is interesting to know as well. Blocking can be on a lot of different levels (IP based, ASN based, URL based, etc.)​
The browser throws a message that THE SITE CANNOT BE REACHED.

The issue is not just mine alone. I have checked with many other indian investors. All of our domains are being accessed from other countries perfectly fine, except India. Hence not sure what's going on here.

This same error message is coming up even after 48 hours of NS propagation.

Would appreciate if anybody can throw some light here.

@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

•••
Please check these screenshots and let us know what would be the issue.(I am not a techie)

Show attachment 189164

Throw VPN

Show attachment 189165

Based on your screenshot, it's a DNS issue. You either cannot reach ns5/ns6, or you can reach ns5/ns6 but those nameservers provide no A record for the website (or simply just wrong info).

Based on the screenshot posted by @olcayto - there was some DNS resolving, but there were other problems further on, on the Godaddy website. This is another issue.

Anyway, lots of problems, it seems.

Last edited:
•••
I switched some from my namecheap app yesterday. They are resolving. No more CamelCase no more google analytics
Wait and see, hope for some success stories.
I see merit—xyz domain lander as shown above

•••
This is related to the IPv4 address that is received/receiving a bad risk score. For example Why is Akamai blocking me? Akamai client lookup tool

You can try to Flush and Reset the DNS Cache

Windows
Run Command Prompt / cmd (Run as Administrator)
Type:

ipconfig /flushdns

then press “Enter“ key

---

Mac
For Sierra and later
Run terminal and type in (or copy / paste):

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder;sudo killall mDNSResponderHelper;sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

For El Capitan & OS X 12 (Sierra)

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

---

Linux

type following command in a terminal:

sudo service nscd restart

------

+ Restart your modem / router (turn off power for +/- 60 sec / cable out)

Last edited:
•••
This is related to the IPv4 address that is received/receiving a bad risk score. For example Why is Akamai blocking me? Akamai client lookup tool

You can try to Flush and Reset the DNS Cache

Windows
Run Command Prompt / cmd (Run as Administrator)
Type:

ipconfig /flushdns

then press “Enter“ key

---

Mac
For Sierra and later

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder;sudo killall mDNSResponderHelper;sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

For El Capitan & OS X 12 (Sierra)

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

---

Linux

type following command in a terminal:

sudo service nscd restart

------

+ Restart your modem / router (turn off power for +/- 60 sec / cable out)

Hi Lox,

Flushing your DNS cache will not solve IP address reputation scores (if that is indeed the problem here, I'm not sure it is).

Last edited:
•••
Hi Lox,

Flushing your DNS cache will not solve IP address reputation scores (if that is indeed the problem here, I'm not sure it is).

This is in case if some ppl have an issue w dns cache .

Mostly, related to the RIS routing information not visible as exact match. But that's for backend to fix , not the user end.

You can check on RIPE stats about the IP visibility

Last edited:
•••
No, this is not cache/browser/IP flushing/DNS issues, rather the problem is from Afternic/Godaddy side...

I changed nameserver, approx. 36 hours before, I can't see the landing page from any Indian IP address....... I am using dynamic IP address.
So, within 36 hours, 5/6 times the IP address is changed, same problem......... however, I am able to see the landing page from other countries' IP address.

•••
Hello namepros friends,
I want to report about my experience with the new afternic BIN landers. 24 hours ago I have changed the nameservers of 103 domains to the new Afternic ns5 and ns6 nameservers. All domains are listed in my Afternic account with BIN prices. However from the 103 domains only 76 domains are resolving with the new BIN lander like this:
upload_2021-4-30_20-3-11.png

For the remaining 27 domains you get this one:
upload_2021-4-30_20-4-32.png

Yesterday I tried to figure out where the catch is but I was not able to find any clear indicator for it.

Today I hit the BIN button on the lander and I got this:
upload_2021-4-30_20-12-5.png

It says: AUCTIONS DOMAIN PURCHASE

This was interesting for me because I realized that it must somehow be related to Godaddy Domain Auctions. Therefor I checked all 103 domains if they are listed in the Godaddy domain auction platform - and surprise surprise:
The 27 domains that don't resolve with the BIN lander:
- 25 are not listed in the auction platform
- 2 are listed but are not mine
The 76 domains that are resolving with the BIN lander:
73 are listed in the auction platform
3 I can't find.

Conclusion:
It seems that the domain must be listed in the Godaddy auctions platform if you want that the BIN lander resolves.

It would be nice if someone could check their domains and give some feedback!

I wish you all the best!
Darko

Last edited:
•••
No, this is not cache/browser/IP flushing/DNS issues, rather the problem is from Afternic/Godaddy side...

I changed nameserver, approx. 36 hours before, I can't see the landing page from any Indian IP address....... I am using dynamic IP address.
So, within 36 hours, 5/6 times the IP address is changed, same problem......... however, I am able to see the landing page from other countries' IP address.

DNS propagation can take up to 48 hours. You can check the status - for example here / or use any of dns propagation checker tools.

dnschecker.org/#A/yourdomainname.com

whatsmydns.net/#A/yourdomainname.com

Last edited:
•••
Hello namepros friends,
I want to report about my experience with the new afternic BIN landers. 24 hours ago I have changed the nameservers of 103 domains to the new Afternic ns5 and ns6 nameservers. All domains are listed in my Afternic account with BIN prices. However from the 103 domains only 76 domains are resolving with the new BIN lander like this:
Show attachment 189166

For the remaining 27 domains you get this one:
Show attachment 189167

Yesterday I tried to figure out where the catch is but I was not able to find any clear indicator for it.

Today I hit the BIN button on the lander and I got this:
Show attachment 189168

It says: AUCTIONS DOMAIN PURCHASE

This was interesting for me because I realized that it must somehow be related to Godaddy Domain Auctions. Therefor I checked all 103 domains if they are listed in the Godaddy domain auction platform - and surprise surprise:
The 27 domains that don't resolve with the BIN lander:
- 25 are not listed in the auction platform
- 2 are listed but are not mine
The 76 domains that are resolving with the BIN lander:
73 are listed in the auction platform
3 I can't find.

Conclusion:
It seems that the domain must be listed in the Godaddy auctions platform if you want that the BIN lander resolves.

It would be nice if someone could check their domains and give some feedback!

I wish you all the best!
Darko

Thanks for the valuable feedback @1Darko

So these fresh new domain landers build on a system that no one can fathom anymore. It doesn't seem like the entire chain has been redesigned, just the outer marketing shell...

•••

Thanks for confirming this. Looks like it is a problem from Afternic/Godaddy end.

•••
Back