NameSilo

Afternic introduced new Buy-Now landing page

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by Ntmt, Apr 27, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. astronaut

astronaut Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Which one was it?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

3. Future Sensors

My test period is over. In recent months, unfortunately I've not seen a substantial increase in sales directly through the new ns5/ns6 BIN landers. However, there were the usual sales through Afternic DLS partners that would normally have happened as well.

Sorry to say, but I am not happy with the constant failure to resolve essential problems such as complete implementation of https for landers. It simply takes too long and there is no proactive communication around this. Other marketplaces resolve such issues quickly. At Afternic, it remains a big question mark when things get resolved.

The Afternic dashboard is lagging far behind other marketplaces.

Afternic receives a 20% fee for every successful sale, including domain sales through BIN Landers. I am happy to grant Afternic this amount, but at the same time I do have certain expectations. At present, these expectations are far from being fulfilled.

I've decided to return to my former landers with a 10% sales fee, expanded lander options, better domain management, and a very active community on NamePros. I will continue to offer my domains passively via Afternic DLS.

I wish Afternic every success. The Afternic representatives on this forum probably haven't been able to quickly reform the legacy Afternic. Of course, I'm willing to re-try Afternic again for my domain landers, depending on if things have changed substantially, Afternic suddenly turns out to be very innovative and also starts interacting with this community actively instead of just being reactive.

I recently suggested creating a dedicated thread for the Afternic Marketplace, with a neutral title. Some other marketplaces also have such threads and the interaction with the users is more vibrant. If you want to build a new Afternic together with this great community with a lot of knowledge, you really need a different setup that encourages participation. I think this community wants Afternic to succeed.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  4. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

I think maybe the buy now price should be in us dollars

Or make the country currency synbol in bold and a bit bigger

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  5. lovely4ever

lovely4ever Established Member

Two of my domains i used nameserver NS5.AFTERNIC.COM / NS6.AFTERNIC.COM ,
    but i cant see the BUY NOW and NO price like other domains ? is shows something different !!
    why this happening ?

afternic p.PNG

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  6. Future Sensors

Some possible reasons I can think of, for not showing the BIN price on ns5/ns6 landers, are:
    • The domain is still in a lock period (30d, 60d); this happens after you've changed whois or moved to another registrar.
    • The domain is a new gtld and falls in a higher registry pricing tier (only the lower pricing tiers will be displayed with BIN for some ngtlds)
    • The domain has a special status in your Afternic dashboard; or price was not set correctly.
    • Nameservers point to ns5/ns6 but the domain is not in your (or any) account at Afternic.

7. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

When I added a newly registered domain to Afternic recently (through godaddy) it showed the sales lander without the Buy Now at first and then changed to the one with the Buy Now by itself after couple of days or so.

Also in order to have the Buy Now lander I believe that in addition to using the ns5.Afternic.com and ns6.afternic.com you have to set both a Buy Now price and a Floor price for your domain and also set the minimum offer to at least $250 in your Afternic panel.

(not 100% sure about all this so you might have to experiment with couple of domains.)

IMO

8. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You are not alone.
    Ukraine is banned on Afternic firewall for many years.

9. lovely4ever

lovely4ever Established Member

Yes now the lander changed to buy now after six hours of adding the domain .

10. FolioTeam

FolioTeam AMDB.tv VIP

Are there any plans for BTC payout at Afternic? @Joe Styler

11. Paul Nicks

Paul Nicks VIP Member GoDaddy Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Nothing in the immediate future re: crypto payouts

12. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Restricted (15-30%)

landers not showing bin price for vpn users from US ip addresses only call to broker

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice