IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

Before I start sharing last month’s Afternic results, I would like to inform you that this is the last post of the experiment. The main reason I started sharing with you all was to make aware how Afternic landers are performing for my domains so others can gauge and decide accordingly for their portfolios. I believe I’ve shared enough of this experiment and it’s clear how the overall results are. Just to clarify this decision has nothing to do with this. I already made up my mind right at the start of last month about this decision.

Also I’ve no complaints with Afternic and I’m very happy with the overall results as well as the brokers and my rep. I’ll continue using their landers.

So coming back to the point, this is the 9th and last post of the Afternic experiment series after I published January, February, March, April, May, June, July and August results which I believe you’ll like.

The last month started with the blast and surprise. The first sale happened on the very first day of September in the shape of Aumet.com for $29,888. The buyer came in via Afternic lander. This was one of the interesting sales for me and I’ll tell you why. I received an offer of $17,500 GROSS from Afternic senior sales executive Richard Green on 27th August. He informed me that’s the buyer’s maximum offer. Mind you, that 17.5K offer was not the initial and the broker has already worked upon that lead. I responded back with some explanation as to why I would stick with the BIN and the potential of this domain. On 1st September, I received an email about funds secured by Afternic! The best thing in this deal was that the broker was able to convince the buyer to purchase at BIN with no room for him to negotiate. That was the standout thing for me. So kudos to Richard Green for making this deal to happen and he deserves a big applause for his expertise and professionalism.

One of my friends asked me to share the hold time so let me share it. Aumet.com was acquired more than 1 year back.

The next sale happened on 9th September of NewHold.com for $7,500. Initially we received an offer of $5,000 and after the broker went back and forth with the buyer, they raised up to $6,500. I had set a BIN of $9,888. I requested to push the buyer one last time and see if there is room to revise their offer and finally they presented $7,500 which I gleefully accepted. This one happened with GoDaddy.com. Hold time 1+ year.

Third sale was Shoppery.com which sold for $6,888 and once again via GoDaddy.com. Hold time 5+ years. Then the next one StitchAndSew.com for $1,988 was again via GoDaddy. Hold time less than 1 year.

Finally there was a sale of Cleverr.com which happened via partner registrar which had a BIN of $6,888. Hold time 1+ year.

And then there was a blasting sale and that too happened via partner registrar, The domain is Exicon.com which actually had a BIN of $50,000 but after going back and forth, finally I agreed to sell for $40,000. The interesting thing about this domain is that I had a BIN of $39,888 just 1 month before I received this particular inquiry. I just got a hunch to increase the price of this domain mainly because of the potential of this domain. I’m not sure if this triggered the buyer somehow or what but I was still happy to accept the 40K GROSS. Hold time 2+ years.

Finally there were 3 more domain sales of WayneMedia.com for $2,000 which I had a BIN of $2,988 but I agreed to sell for 2K. This sale was generated via Afternic lander. Hold time 1+ year. The last 2 sales happened via GoDaddy and were SxPro.com for $1,988 and Eudai.com for $1,888. Hold time was 2+ and 3 years respectively.

The sales happened via partner registrars, reminding you that you must keep your domains at a registrar which offers Fast Transfers. That gives an additional exposure to sell your domains.

The number of inquiries for August was almost 550 and the total number of domains at the end of last month just reached 4,300.

Total cost of acquisition was under $6,000 and total amount of sales was $99,028. Though I missed the 100K mark but I’ve no issues. I’m more than happy and hope the sales keep flowing in like the last month not only for me but for all of us so we can prosper altogether :happy:

On the other hand, my friend Muhammad Aamir from DotCorner was happy to share once again his September sales via Afternic which I’ve copied below:

SeoQueen.com for $2,900.
bStores.com for $7,500.

In general, it shows that there will always be ups and downs no matter how big or small a portfolio you’ve. But to get rid of some inconsistency of your sales is to build up your portfolio with a good number of domains along with quality. Having both quality + quantity is the best way to go. I know it takes a lot of hard and smart work, time, dedication, cash flow, etc. And I’m telling you this from my personal experience as well as reviewing fellow investor’s sales and flow.

Thank you Afternic, Richard Green, my relationship manager, the entire brokerage team and everyone involved in making the overall experience so wonderful.

Feel free to share your Afternic sales and/or give your feedback no matter how good or good it is :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for providing such valuable information for the community, have appreciated the time and effort you have put into it...

BTW

That Daniel guy is a douche.......

•••
Congrats! Generally, are these buyers previous owners of the domains?

•••
I would like to inform you that this is the last post of the experiment.

I have looked forward to you monthly posts and will be sorry to see them stop. :xf.smile:

Thank you for the time you took in sharing this information with us...it has been an example of what proper pricing and acquisition should be that we all should follow...thanks again.

•••
Congrats on the sales. Found your report informative

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing your sales during these months and congrats for the amazing sales of September! Especially the Aumet and Exicon ones! It looks that they were companies using already the same name but with other extensions, so they are upgrading to .com, good and wise move by them!

•••
•••
Thank you Abm,always enjoyed your post.

Still looking forward to the usual salles report since the afternic experiment is over 😉 🙂.

👏👏👍👍.

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience over these months, @AbdulBasit.com , and congratulations on your continued very impressive record of success!

You mentioned with respect to Exicon (nice name, nice price!) that you raised the price about a month prior to it selling. Do you know if the buyer had been watching it before then, and the price raise triggered finally putting in an offer, or was it just coincidence?

Also, I wonder how often you go through your profile and reprice, or is it more just every now and then you reprice a few domain names?

Thanks again,

Bob

•••
Congrats! Generally, are these buyers previous owners of the domains?

Thanks Hussein!

No way. Almost all if not all are the new buyers who never acquired that particular domain ever. Also I do private acquisitions so it's more difficult that my buyers will be the previous owner who sold the domain to me.

•••
Thank you Abm,always enjoyed your post.

Still looking forward to the usual salles report since the afternic experiment is over 😉 🙂.

👏👏👍👍.

Thank you my friend! You've always been supportive to me (y):happy:
Yes, I'll definitely share the sales occasionally which are worth sharing and has at least something to learn from it like I used to do in the past.

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience over these months, @AbdulBasit.com , and congratulations on your continued very impressive record of success!

You mentioned with respect to Exicon (nice name, nice price!) that you raised the price about a month prior to it selling. Do you know if the buyer had been watching it before then, and the price raise triggered finally putting in an offer, or was it just coincidence?

Also, I wonder how often you go through your profile and reprice, or is it more just every now and then you reprice a few domain names?

Thanks again,

Bob

Thank you so much Bob! :xf.love:

I'm not sure if the buyer was able to see or got any alert of price increase. With the current knowledge and information I've, I think it was just a coincidence. By the way, it would be great to see AN having such feature to notify the interested buyers (who previously showed interest in that domain) gets notified when there is any kind of price change. I would love to see this feature implemented by AN which I believe will bring in more sales.

I usually do repricing once a year. I did this year around June/July period. Also I plan to do once again next year and overall the prices will be increased.

•••
•••
@DomainBarracksRob
You've full right to dislike any post but I was curious to know the reason behind to dislike this post?

I was confused at first why you tagged me.

This was a finger ERROR slip while scrolling apparently , wasn’t even aware I had hit the button. It’s deff a “Like” for me lol

I’d never have a reason to dislike anything you or Bob post.

While you have me here big congratulations and thanks for sharing this information it’s helpful and fun for many of us to read !

Last edited:
•••
I was confused at first why you tagged me.

This was a finger ERROR slip while scrolling apparently , wasn’t even aware I had hit the button. It’s deff a “Like” for me lol

I’d never have a reason to dislike and thing you or Bob post.

While you have me here big congratulations and thanks for sharing this information it’s helpful and fun for many of us to read !

I believed there was some mistake in clicking but I still wanted to confirm it. I've seen you've always liked my posts so I know you for a while now :happy:

Thank you!

•••
I believed there was some mistake in clicking but I still wanted to confirm it. I've seen you've always liked my posts so I know you for a while now :happy:

Thank you!

Yes my friend, it’s my giveaway of when I’m on mobile vs Laptop 😂

Last edited:
•••
please do not stop this...
...Your post our Inspiration ...

•••
Wonderful sales.

Thank you for sharing your personal experiences.

Many many congratulations to you.

Good luck for future.

•••
Thanks for this Abdulbasit. Wish you more success.

•••
Thanks @AbdulBasit.com vai, i eagerly wait for your sales report at the end of every month. Congratulations on hitting 99k sales this month. I also missed $5k revenue this month by 100 dollars.

Since, its your last report of using afternic lander, i would take the liberty of asking few questions.

1. Did all your sales happen via afternic landers in last nine months, or you had sales via escrow as well, which you choose not to report ?
2.I noticed you are also using landers of SAW brokers for your high quality names, how is your success through them? I understand these names are high value transaction, which you may choose not to share.

Cheers and all the best !!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @AbdulBasit.com vai, i eagerly wait for your sales report at the end of the every month. Congratulations on hitting 99k sales this month. I also missed $5k revenue this month by 100 dollars.

Since, its your last report of using afternic lander, i would take the liberty of asking few questions.

1. Did all your sales happen via afternic landers in last nine months, or you had sales via escrow as well, which you choose not to report ?
2.I noticed you are also using landers of SAW brokers for your high quality names, how is your success through them? I understand these names are high value transaction, which you may choose not to share.

Cheers and all the best !!

Thank you Avijit bhai :xf.love:
5K is really good amount and hope you keep increasing it steadily and on consistent basis.

1) Since the experiment was of Afternic, I stick to that only especially for my sales. Yes, I did have sales from other venues but I just don't wanted to include in these reports.

2) I always like to share as far I see it will be beneficial to others. SAW experiment is relatively new and I plan to share my experience with them some time in the next year.

Thank you and wish you all the best :xf.smile:

•••
@AbdulBasit.com
I have met a lot of people and I can say for sure that people who are complaining constantly like this dude Daniel will never be successful in life.
Therefor head up @AbdulBasit.com you don't need to proof anything to anybody - only to yourself!

Thanks for everything and keep up the good work - I wish you all the best!

•••
@AbdulBasit.com
I have met a lot of people and I can say for sure that people who are complaining constantly like this dude Daniel will never be successful in life.
Therefor head up @AbdulBasit.com you don't need to proof anything to anybody - only to yourself!

Thanks for everything and keep up the good work - I wish you all the best!

Thank you so much for your kind words and support :xf.love:
I totally agree with you (y)

•••
Great sales...

It looks like you add BIN to all your domains at AN with fast transfer option. What happens if you receive a good offer at Sedo, or Dan for one of them, can you cancel fast transfer easily ? What if you cancel fast transfer and the buyer at Sedo just doesn't pay (happens very often, and everywhere)? (Also if a buyer doesn't pay at Sedo, you can't cancel the sale...you have to wait for a month or longer..)
Do you ever add BIN without fast transfer?: what happens if there is a BIN and no fast transfer, and domain expires, and then "gets sold"?

I'm scared of adding BIN, because it would take days to erase them (why not offer one click reset?).
Fast transfer would fix this problem (expired domains can't be sold), but it has its own problems: you may not be able to cancel it easily.

Last edited:
•••
Great sales, thanks for your sharing always. You have missed the $100k mark but I do think this will come soon.

•••
Back