IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

As the first half of this year is completed, there were some major things happening all around the world. While reviewing my business, I can clearly say that I’d the one of the best 6 months of my domain investing career.

Today I’m very happy to share the results of June 2020 which I was eagerly waiting for the report to arrive so I can share with you all.

This is the sixth post of the Afternic experiment series after I published January, February, March, April and May results which I’m hopeful that you’ll find it interesting. Although I’d initially planned to give Afternic landers a try for 6 months period which has already ended but I’ve extended the time period of using them on long term basis with the results I’ve achieved so far using their services.

In May 2020, I mentioned that there was no sale for the first 9 days and it was more longer break in the month of June of 11 days. So on 12th day I’d my first sale of the month in the shape of MarketGrid.com for $5,000. I’d put up BIN of $5,888 but after going back and forth with the buyer, it was eventually sold for that price. This was sold via Afternic lander.

Next sale was mind blowing one and the biggest BIN sale of my life. That domain was AutoFun.com which sold for $50,000. This was purchased directly via GoDaddy.com search. One of the best sale I’ve ever had.

Third sale was ToothBar.com for $6,888. This too sold via GoDaddy search. Then there was another sale of TinaChen.com for $1,988. Sold via Afternic partner registrar.

One more sale happened which I really like it – ww.biz for $4,888 via GoDaddy search. In total I’ve 4 more .biz domains.

GmTransport.com was then sold for $4,888 via Afternic lander. And the month ended up with the sale of 40hz.com for $2,888. This too sold via GoDaddy search.

Overall the cost of those domains were under $5,000 and total sale amount was $76,540. Also in May there were some 650 inquiries whereas in June, it was a little less than 600. Bit surprising because I had added some 60+ domains in the last month.

On the other hand, I’m happy to share the sales of couple of my friends.

@JudgeMind, an experienced domain investor sold some domains via Afternic which are shared below:

Dexwise.com for $1,299
Bjx.io sold for $239
ApplePie.org for $299
ReactionCapital.com for $2,500

Another fellow domain investor, Muhammad Aamir from DotCorner was happy to share his Afternic sales of June.

KingMusic.com sold for $6,000
SharkGirl.com for $3,000
PDFKit.com for $5,500
StarFilms.com for $7,500
Bisma.com for $6,500
ThunderPay.com for $3,500

Only PDFKit.com was acquired in 2017. All others were acquired in 2002-2003 period at $8 reg fees.

I tell you, those were good old days when you could hand register plenty of great domains like Aamir did. But it doesn’t mean it was too simple. One have to have the vision, knowledge and patience which is now paying off well for this fellow investor.

I appreciate both @JudgeMind and Aamir for sharing their sales and if anyone would like to add their Afternic sales in future, feel free to let me know.

I would like to give due credit to my Afternic rep and brokers, I very much appreciate their hard work and dedication they put in for making all these sales to happen.

Feel free to give your feedback no matter how good or good it is 😉

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for another month of data, and congratulations on the sales. Wow re AutoFun sale in particular! I had assumed that sales in that price range very rarely happened at BIN, so really positive to see mid 5 figure BIN. Thanks again for the series.
Bob

•••
Thank you for this valuable post into your domain investing! Definitely great sales results and congratulations on them!

•••
Great Sale, you are ''Rock star'', which one is best ROI

•••
You've had an incredible month! Congratulations bud.

How do you know if the domain was sold through Afternic lander, Godaddy, or a partner registrar? Do you ask the Afternic rep?

•••
Thanks for another month of data, and congratulations on the sales. Wow re AutoFun sale in particular! I had assumed that sales in that price range very rarely happened at BIN, so really positive to see mid 5 figure BIN. Thanks again for the series.
Bob

Thank you Bob! Your feedback is always very much appreciated :xf.love:

Totally agree with you on the rarity of having BIN for any mid 5 figures.

•••
•••
You've had an incredible month! Congratulations bud.

How do you know if the domain was sold through Afternic lander, Godaddy, or a partner registrar? Do you ask the Afternic rep?

My Afternic rep share the reports which has all the data available.

•••
Great stuff. You know for sure what your doing. Did i read right that you also got 600 inquires meaning people asking you "how much" for certain names? and if the case did any present amount upfront?

•••
Congrats for the sales Abdul! Specially for the AutoFun.com one! Wow!

•••
Congratulations on your fantastic month of June.

Do you price all of your domains at Afternic or do you wait for price requests? I know that the Afternic landers don't include the price of the domain and that potential buyers are asked to call or fill in a request for price form.

Do the Afternic reps ever fill you in on the details of the inquiries? Whenever I get a price request it's because I have not set a BIN. No reps ever contact me about the details of the offer. I have to contact them just to find out it's a minimum offer from a tire kicker. I've made the minimum offer higher, so I can avoid them.

•••
Great stuff. You know for sure what your doing. Did i read right that you also got 600 inquires meaning people asking you "how much" for certain names? and if the case did any present amount upfront?

Thank you dear.
That number of inquiries contains multiple inquiries on the same domain as well. What exactly happens behind the scene for each inquiry, I'm not sure about it.

•••
Congratulations on your fantastic month of June.

Do you price all of your domains at Afternic or do you wait for price requests? I know that the Afternic landers don't include the price of the domain and that potential buyers are asked to call or fill in a request for price form.

Do the Afternic reps ever fill you in on the details of the inquiries? Whenever I get a price request it's because I have not set a BIN. No reps ever contact me about the details of the offer. I have to contact them just to find out it's a minimum offer from a tire kicker. I've made the minimum offer higher, so I can avoid them.

I've 99% of my domains set up BIN. Also almost all my domains having same BIN/minimum/floor/reserve which are having low-mid 4 figures. I don't want to waste my time leaving the minimum too low. But I've set some room between BIN and others where the BIN is high 4 figures and above...

•••
Congratulations and thank you for your generous sharing.

AutoFun is a great domain. No double about it. What was the thought behind setting the price of AutoFun to $50k instead of, say, $30k or $70k?

•••
"..2002-2003 period at $8 reg fees.."

That's really funny. 17 years of waiting.

•••
Congratulations @AbdulBasit.com bhai, Autofun sale is incredible. What is your holiding period for this name,if you like to disclose?

•••
Thank you for this valuable post

•••
More sales @AbdulBasit.com I pray to be like you when I grow up in domaining. Congrats

•••
Congrats on some incredible sales!!

These sales show me I have no clue what I'm doing as I'd have had all those names at less than 1k BINs probably lol.

Well done indeed and thanks for sharing.

•••
Congratulations on your achievement...

I want to ask????

Sir.....did you just add your domain name on Afternic premium network and wait for the sale to come????

Or you hire Afternic broker to sell for you????

And more also how do you add your domain name to godaddy search????

Thanks.

•••
Thanks for sharing and congrats on the sales. You really shot for the moon with AutoFun at 50k

•••
Congrats! Awesome job, as always. Proving the point that you make money when you buy them, not when you sell them. Great choices.

•••
•••
Congratulations and thank you for your generous sharing.

AutoFun is a great domain. No double about it. What was the thought behind setting the price of AutoFun to $50k instead of, say, $30k or $70k?

That's an interesting question!

To be honest, I would be happy to sell this domain for 30K too. For last many years, I've knowingly and purposely sacrificed many domain sales where I 100% believe of getting more if I'd held onto the domain but due to lack of cash flow, I'd no option but to sell at lower price. I'd planned from early days that I'll keep sacrificing domains of lower end and sometimes good one's too which I really did it and I've no regrets because my plan was to come in today's situation where I can ask what I want for the domain and what I think is the best and right price, no matter what the buyer thinks or the budget is. It's me who will set the price regardless of the buyer's budget.

So my point here is that today I'm in such a position that I can hold onto my top domains and keep moving the low-mid tier domains at an attractive prices to the endusers.

•••
"..2002-2003 period at $8 reg fees.."

That's really funny. 17 years of waiting.

Patience is the key and it proved once again. Aamir had the vision to hold onto his domains and wait for the right offers. Kudos to him.

•••
Back