IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

This is the second post after I published January results and this one is even better! So far I’m very happy with the results and the way my leads are handled and keeping me updated with what’s going on.

Some of the highlights of February 2020 are as below:

1. There were close to 550 inquiries on 3,600 +/- domains in the entire month of February 2020.

2. Had three domain sales, each one happened via different source. One via Afternic lander, actually the first one for me and the domain was Sillis.com which sold for $1,888. Another sale was via partner registrar which I’m not sure what was the domain because I had another 2 sales via GoDaddy cart of same amount so altogether remaining 3 sales were LipLove.com for $1,988, Summiter.com for $2,888 and Global-Auto.com for $1,988.

3. Sillis.com acquired 6 years ago. Summiter.com acquired 3 years ago and LipLove.com 2 years back. For Sillis.com I received offer of $1,400 via Afternic but I stood firm on BIN price and eventually sold it 3 days later. Altogether acquisition cost for these 3 domains was in under $500.

4. With the report I’ve, which shows there are several other ongoing negotiation with buyers whose current maximum offer is mentioned along with the quoted price which is always the BIN price. It’s good to see the progress as well behind the scenes. And I’m pretty happy with the Afternic brokers and especially my account manager who has been exceptional in managing everything.
On the other hand, one of my fellow domainer friend @JudgeMind who shared his stats and with his permission I’m going to share it below for you guys:

He had 4 sales in December that were direct leads from Afternic landers and another 6 in January which were direct from Afternic landers. Prices of sold names range from $299-$3799 with a median sale price of $2200.

Below are the domain sales he made in December 2019, January 2020 and February 2020:

December 2019
CamJoin.com
ProfessionalPerformance.com
Hotel-Network.com
Nuraxis.com

January 2020
CareerKinetics.com
VertexWealth.com
KCR.io
MedicalCannabisOnline.com

February 2020
WestCoastLove.com
Buump.com

In my opinion, those are impressive number of sales considering he has domain portfolio of 2,300 domains. An interesting thing is out of 2,300, only 1,900 are listed under Fast Transfers as others are with those registrars which doesn’t support Fast Transfers. His domain portfolio can be seen at Dan and Afternic.

On the other hand, since it’s sales related post so I’ll share an decent sale I made last month via Sedo in the shape of TADA.net for $7,888. Acquired the domain for low-mid $xxx in 2014. Long holding period but paid off very well in the end!

By the way, I’ll be sharing some real good acquisitions in my next post so stay tuned for that.

Feel free to give your feedback and if you like to add your experience with Afternic, feel free to share. Also you may contact me directly if you like your results to be published in my next report post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you abdul basit for sharing important data. We learn historical sales to do better in selling domain in the future. Congrats...

•••
•••
Hey Congrats dude -

2020 seems slow as compared to 2019 ? what do you think ?

nice sales btw -

regards

•••
Hey Congrats dude -

2020 seems slow as compared to 2019 ? what do you think ?

nice sales btw -

regards

Thanks!
Pretty much the same as of now.
I haven't shared all the sales other than Afternic and one sale from Sedo.

•••
We would be happy to know more about your sales data in next month and we pray all NP domainers able to making more maney from their portfolio...

•••
Congrats AbdulBasit for the sales! Very well done. And thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on the sale and thanks for the report

•••
Thanks for sharing your amazing experiment. We are all thankful for this.

However the report is one sided and we need something to compare with , for example we dont know if you will do better or worse if you use another lander other than Afternic. I suggested last time to try a split 50/50 test to compare with other platforms.

I do believe that Afternic landers are outdated you are doing good because your domains are good, not because Afteenic landers are good IMO. Maybe you will even do much better if you use lander from Dan or Epik who knows and who can tell without data. But as I understood from you last time you dont like to manage leads yourself and you like brokers to do it, I understand that it is not easy for you to manage 500 inquiries per month, so your options are limited to Uniregistery & Afternic landers.

•••
•••
@AbdulBasit.com you one of my heros in domaining man.

Thank you.

Samer

•••
Great sales, congratulations!

Is there an improvement in the matter of sales and total revenue since you switched from Uni to Afternic?

•••

However the report is one sided and we need something to compare with , for example we dont know if you will do better or worse if you use another lander other than Afternic. I suggested last time to try a split 50/50 test to compare with other platforms.

I do believe that Afternic landers are outdated you are doing good because your domains are good, not because Afteenic landers are good IMO. Maybe you will even do much better if you use lander from Dan or Epik who knows and who can tell without data. But as I understood from you last time you dont like to manage leads yourself and you like brokers to do it, I understand that it is not easy for you to manage 500 inquiries per month, so your options are limited to Uniregistery & Afternic landers.
Only one sale was from a lander, so I'd say his strategy is successful since the other 2 sales came through the Afternic network and may not have been made if he wasn't listed there. Sure I understand it's not a split test to compare different marketplaces, but I think the point of his post is just to report how Afternic is going for him, not to compare different platforms. The problem is that you can NEVER do a proper split test in domaining as no 2 domains are the same. Listing half in one location and half in another really only shows what worked better in a particular month for the specific domains that were there. It may give some insight but the results are unlikely yot be repeated continually. I'm not a fan of Afternic landers either (and don't use them) but I think this is a report about Afternic rather than aiming to compare different landers. I welcome reports like this about any platform as it hopefully gives us a clue as to what is working for others and maybe it will assist our own efforts. Thanks for sharing all the data @AbdulBasit.com

•••
Appreciate you sharing this data! In addition to BIN prices, are you putting floor prices and minimum prices on your Afternic-listed domains? If so, is your minimum above 50% ofBIN?

•••
@AbdulBasit.com Congrats and thanks again for a superb article & @JudgeMind for allowing him to share the Info. I don't believe I was able to tag you on LinkedIn when I first saw this and gave thanks. You both bring much positive energy and useful information to the NP community.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••

Glad you like the results. Thanks for your feedback :)

I totally understand your point of view but what I wanted to say is @NicTraders already said here. I appreciate the detailed response from him and that's what I was going to say but in different wordings.

Also about Dan, I don't plan to try them ever because their commission of 9% is simply useless as I feel better to handle the leads myself than to pay 9% whereas I'm happy to pay max 20% to Afternic for making the deals as there is huge exposure which no other platform has. I made $xxx,xxx of sales in 2019 and half of those were done via Afternic. And that too when I was not using their landers as well as no Fast Transfers enabled due to my registrar which fortunately got enabled at the end of last month.

•••
Great sales, congratulations!

Is there an improvement in the matter of sales and total revenue since you switched from Uni to Afternic?

Thank you!

Don't have concrete evidence for that but one thing is clear that I've been receiving little more offers than before using Afternic landers.

Overall the revenue and sales this year has been right on track and similar like last year's first quarter.

•••
Only one sale was from a lander, so I'd say his strategy is successful since the other 2 sales came through the Afternic network and may not have been made if he wasn't listed there. Sure I understand it's not a split test to compare different marketplaces, but I think the point of his post is just to report how Afternic is going for him, not to compare different platforms. The problem is that you can NEVER do a proper split test in domaining as no 2 domains are the same. Listing half in one location and half in another really only shows what worked better in a particular month for the specific domains that were there. It may give some insight but the results are unlikely yot be repeated continually. I'm not a fan of Afternic landers either (and don't use them) but I think this is a report about Afternic rather than aiming to compare different landers. I welcome reports like this about any platform as it hopefully gives us a clue as to what is working for others and maybe it will assist our own efforts. Thanks for sharing all the data @AbdulBasit.com

Thank you dear for your detailed and valuable feedback which is much appreciated :xf.love:

Couldn't have said better than that what you explained it.

•••
Appreciate you sharing this data! In addition to BIN prices, are you putting floor prices and minimum prices on your Afternic-listed domains? If so, is your minimum above 50% ofBIN?

Happy to see you like it :)

I've always added floor and minimum prices on all BIN domains at Afternic and most of the domains having BIN of up to 5K are having same floor and minimum set. But I still do get contacted by Afternic with offers close to BIN in case I've a change of mind at that particular time for counter, reject or accept the offer. I like this idea and don't consider it waste of time because the offer is around 60-70% of BIN.

•••
•••
@AbdulBasit.com Congrats and thanks again for a superb article & @JudgeMind for allowing him to share the Info. I don't believe I was able to tag you on LinkedIn when I first saw this and gave thanks. You both bring much positive energy and useful information to the NP community.

Cheers

Thank you so much!
@JudgeMind is a great person and loves to share. This is what is needed by everyone to keep sharing their experiences and grow each others.

•••
@AbdulBasit.com Congrats on the sales and thanks for sharing your experience. It'd be great to know your the following questions and I'd appreciate your answer - which landers were you using at Uni (horizontal or vertical, as assume without PPC), what price option did you use (BIN, Make offer + Bin or only Make offer) and did you handle requests or Uni brokers?

Also, do you see a relation between sales velocity and price, or rather success factor is purely in a domain / demand for a specific domain rather than an attractive price? - From my experience, for my portfolio, I don't see that a price would be a success driven factor, but rather a need for a specific domain, no matter whether a price is 1k or 8k.

I am especially curious about lander and price option, to know whether price was always visible upfront or not like at ns3/ns4 at Afternic.

Thanks in advance and good luck!

Last edited:
•••
@AbdulBasit.com Congrats on the sales and thanks for sharing your experience. It'd be great to know your the following questions and I'd appreciate your answer - which landers were you using at Uni (horizontal or vertical, as assume without PPC), what price option did you use (BIN, Make offer + Bin or only Make offer) and did you handle requests or Uni brokers?

Also, do you see a relation between sales velocity and price, or rather success factor is purely in a domain / demand for a specific domain rather than an attractive price? - From my experience, for my portfolio, I don't see that a price would be a success driven factor, but rather a need for a specific domain, no matter whether a price is 1k or 8k.

I am especially curious about lander and price option, to know whether price was always visible upfront or not like at ns3/ns4 at Afternic.

Thanks in advance and good luck!

Thank you!

I've left one domain with Uni and using the same lander I used for every other domain when using Uni landers so here is the live example - GRO.com

Yes, I stopped using PPC especially after getting hit with UDRPs and I believe that PPC increases the chance of getting hit with more UDRPs.

For the last few years, I was handling inquiries myself but in past I used to send inactive leads to Uni brokers but I'd to stop because of the automated follow-ups by Uni team which was simply nonsense. Should check each inactive lead manually and then contact the buyer IF needed and that too according to the conversation started and ended with the buyer.

I believe that the more quality domains you've, the better chances of your sales. I believe in both quantity as well as quality. Having only one of them cannot give you consistent sales or I would say cannot be living solely on this business as I do.

I agree with you to some extent but price do matter to buyers and cannot be anything like you said 1K or 8K. Most of the buyers can afford to pay in 2-5K range and that's the sweet spot of making consistent sales considering you've quality as well as quantity of domains.

At Uni, I rarely used BIN lander and that too only for those on which I received too much spam inquiries. The current lander of GRO.com is the one I was using which didn't showed the price any where until the inquirer submitted form and I was giving price quote.

•••
Thanks for sharing your wonderful data and Congrats on your nice 4L .net on Sedo @AbdulBasit.com

•••
Back