Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

This is the fourth post of the Afternic experiment series after I published January, February and March results which I’m hopeful that some of my readers find it interesting.

Had total 5 sales via Afternic with total $17,826 Gross sales. I consider this a good month but at least couple of things were missing. First, there was no big sale like high 4 figures or any of 5 figures. Secondly, almost no offers came in this month which usually comes via Afternic broker.

Some of the highlights of April 2020 are as below:

There were once again very close to 600 inquiries which includes the inquiries on repeating domains as well. this time I just reached a little over 3,750 domains right at the end of April. This is to note that this was one of the slowest month in terms of acquiring domains.

2 out of 5 sales happened via Afternic cart which includes Cygnini.com for $6,000 and Rebourne.com for 5,000.

AssureRx.com sold for $2,988 and NarrativeContent.com for $950. Both these happened via GoDaddy.

Only one happened via Afternic partner registrar which was Communicator.org sold for $2,888.

Holding period of the above sold domains was from 1 to 6 years. Altogether acquisition cost for these 5 domains was under $800.

On the other hand, one of my fellow domainer friend @JudgeMind who shared his sales of April and with his permission I’m going to share it below for you guys:

Nosepod.com $299
Lumos.ca $899
Aircans.com $799

Although he had a decent last month where he sold a lot more domains in total but not that many via Afternic. Above 3 domain acquisition cost was $38 only!

Feel free to give your feedback and if you like to add your experience with Afternic, feel free to share. Also you may contact me directly if you like your results to be published in my next report post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is just basic domaining stuff. Can't have sucess without knowing who is going to buy my name.

rebourne-fitness
rebournebodyandhome
rebournedesign
rebournefitness
rebournegym
rebournehealth
rebourneinternational
rebourneliving
Thanks for sharing and congrats!

I've searched these terms and there was not much search results for them. Could you share their meaning?

rebournemovie
rebournenortheast
rebournepm
rebournerecycling
rebournerocks
rebournespa
rebournestudios
rebournetheguild

•••
Congrats AbdulBasit on sales and transparency.

Stay healthy.

•••
3800*275 = $1045000
total acquisition cost $1045000
renews cost per year 3800*10=38000
total sales per year ($3K average per domain sold): 3000*0,021*3800=239400
One thing you could also calculate is the average time for selling a domain, with that data you can estimate much more your profit by end.
In this business I track everything to be sure I earn money and dont lose.

I use balance sheet for all time selling/buying/renewals records. At the end of the sheet I have one "Total" field with aggregate cost, revenue, profit, markup and margin. This way I know my lifetime net profit/loss with just a look at the table. Also I separate the balance sheet to be more organized like for example I have different pages in excel (2020, 2019, 2018..ect), at the begging of each page I use the balance from previous year as starting balance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back