Afternic - BIN, Minimum Offer XXX

DAN - BIN, Minimum Offer XXX

Domain parked at DAN

Is this wrong ?

Should I use BIN on one platform only?

What is the rightway?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, if your domain is not sex.com that you sell for $100 - for multiply customers hit it at the same time - you are pretty much safe. Just check it every day (or every second day) to make sure if a sale happens you remove it from the other platform.

•••
Ye I would read @twiki recommendations before anything

•••
I prefer bin only.
Dan lander+afternic+sedo all with bin only.
For dan and sedo you can use the api to quick remove the domain in case of sale.

•••
I prefer bin only.
For dan and sedo you can use the api to quick remove the domain in case of sale.

But not using make an offer, will lose the opportunity to negotiate right?

•••
•••
I prefer bin only.
Do you need any special permission to do the BIN in all three marketplaces?

I had asked on this forum here about at least Dan and Afternic being able to be BIN, since the GoDaddy branding. Unfortunately, never got an answer on this one. One would think that those two marketplaces could be readily integrated, to prevent any sales issues with two buyers on the different sites.

Note also that If the marketplaces were to provide an immediate text message when a sale is made, that would likely prevent any concerns about BIN on multiple marketplaces.

•••
sorry but i have to ask
what does BIN mean??

does it means buy now ?

•••
The right and final answer is:

It depends.

Edit: There is no straight answer, each option has its pros and cons and it depends on too many factors... also too long of a story. Guess the best / simplest option is to test over time, and then make your choice.

Last edited:
•••
I prefer bin only.
You mean to make a script that uses api and when a name is sold at dan to autoremove from sedo?
I do not think there is any direct communication between these marketplaces so only an external script would do it

•••
sorry but i have to ask
what does BIN mean??

does it means buy now ?
"Buy It Now." Don't be afraid to ask.

In terms of the question of BIN listings in multiple marketplaces, there appears to be some success using this strategy. Checking with customer service for Afternic and Dan may make sense, to double check to see what the options are, especially with with the Dan being now affiliated with GD.
After doing a trial with the BIN in multiple marketplaces, my preference was ultimately to do that only with the venue with the highest number of sales and revenue.

Last edited:
•••
You mean to make a script that uses api and when a name is sold at dan to autoremove from sedo?
I do not think there is any direct communication between these marketplaces so only an external script would do it
It's done manually.

•••
It's done manually.

Thanks for coming back.

manaully why to use api, can just enter site and remove the listing.
Truth is i am searching for an automated way to do it as i am not all day online, if any
progress i will post.
Even if chances a name to be sold simultaneously at 2 marketplaces is tiny, if happens can loose account at the marketplace where will not sell the name or have legal consequences as there is an automated agreement (contract) created between seller and buyer at sedo and dan.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back