IT.COM

Afternic account suspended

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
While copying the bulk list in cpanel and pasting it and sorting it and I added in afternic...by mistake the dnsowl domain was added as it came in sorting it's the default nameserver of namesilo..is any afternic staff here

Attachments

• IMG-20171212-WA0025.jpeg
    IMG-20171212-WA0025.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 27
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does the message really read as '...he does not own?' :)

terminating your account just by that mistake is extremely far fetched. Are you sure the email is really from afternic?

@Joe Styler might be able to help btw.

•••
This happens alot while parsing large lists, innocent mistake.

•••
I am not able to login now..so yea I think it's from them

•••
You should contact afternic at the phone number they gave you or email [email protected]. They don't typically ban you for a mistake. But if it is happening a lot that is a different story.

•••
You should contact afternic at the phone number they gave you or email [email protected]. They don't typically ban you for a mistake. But if it is happening a lot that is a different story.

I did contact them and no reply to email.and it was a error nothing intentional

Last edited:
•••
Wow... This seems like an overreaction from Afternic

•••
•••
Wow... This seems like an overreaction from Afternic
I am not sure either way which is why I advised him to contact support. If it is an honest mistake they will help him. The screenshot he shared says the reason is - selling MORE domains he does not own which implies this isn't the first one. There is another thread on Namepros with people saying that others list names they do not own and we do not check and allow anyone to list any domain for sale etc etc and how bad this is. We do check and it is bad to allow people to list domains they do not own. It hurts the integrity of the platform. If this is a one off mistake then there should be no issue, if this is a continued mistake or this isn't the first time they are listing names they do not own then this is more serious. I do not know what is happening here, which is why I asked him to contact support to look into it. They are normally very fair and try their best to make the platform run smoothly for everyone involved.

•••
I am not sure either way which is why I advised him to contact support. If it is an honest mistake they will help him. The screenshot he shared says the reason is - selling MORE domains he does not own which implies this isn't the first one. There is another thread on Namepros with people saying that others list names they do not own and we do not check and allow anyone to list any domain for sale etc etc and how bad this is. We do check and it is bad to allow people to list domains they do not own. It hurts the integrity of the platform. If this is a one off mistake then there should be no issue, if this is a continued mistake or this isn't the first time they are listing names they do not own then this is more serious. I do not know what is happening here, which is why I asked him to contact support to look into it. They are normally very fair and try their best to make the platform run smoothly for everyone involved.
Indeed. My comment wasn't directed at you. I am not fully familiar with the different phrasing in e-mails from Afternic and implicitly assumed that this was a one off case. If this was a regular occurrence, I fully understand blocking the account.

•••
Back