IT.COM

Afternic account issue: ''You are currently delegated as . All activity will be logged. ''

NameSilo
Watch

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
Hey, guys, anyone had this problem before? What's the solution?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

The messages in the Afternic Dashboard are completely out-of-sync with reality. A domain that I sold for $15k on November 16 through Fast Transfer and that transferred to its new owner in China that same day, is still marked today (November 23) in the Afternic dashboard as "pending buyer payment approval", and also: "We'll email when the sale has been approved and instructions to begin the domain ownership transfer." However, the domain has gone and the transfer happened immediately via Fast transfer on the day of the sale.

Afternic, get these basic things right. The same applies to domains purchased via Afternic, where the notifications in the dashboard are also incorrect. All this causes huge delays; other domain marketplaces often process sales and payments immediately the same day. Why can't you?

Last edited:
•••
Which dashboard are you using? The beta one or the classic one?

•••
The classic dashboard. And still not paid.

Last edited:
•••
They're probably not going to be doing much more work if any to the classic dashboard since it is on the way out. It's been bad for a while. The choice was to keep fixing it or build something better that is also easier to make updates to for the future instead of the old one.

•••
The dasboard is not my main concern at this moment. I'm worried about the transaction assurance and the incorrect information TA and support are giving me based on these incorrect dashboard messages. The delay is already 14 days. The dashboard still says: "pending buyer payment approval", and also: "We'll email when the sale has been approved and instructions to begin the domain ownership transfer." However, the domain has gone and the transfer happened immediately via Fast transfer on the day of the sale.

Last edited:
•••
If you are concerned about the transaction you should contact [email protected] and they can look into it. They do not look at the dashboard to make their decisions about how/when to pay people. They will be able to give you an idea of what is happening and when you can expect payment.

Last edited:
•••
If you are concerned about the transaction you should contact [email protected] and they can look into it. They do not look at the dashboard to make their decisions about how/when to pay people. They will be able to give you an idea of what is happening and when you can expect payment.
You're optimistic. I've done that several times already. Contrary to what you say, they (both TA and service/support) don't give any more insights than just wait more days. And do it again. So no success. I've never experienced this in the past with Afternic.

It's about this sale:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-941#post-8456196

Last edited:
•••
They're probably not going to be doing much more work if any to the classic dashboard since it is on the way out. It's been bad for a while. The choice was to keep fixing it or build something better that is also easier to make updates to for the future instead of the old one.
Why even have it there, if its bad for a while? Classic won’t even load for me
Beta won’t load either.
BIG things coming to afternic in 2021 you were saying earlier in year👏

•••
Why even have it there, if its bad for a while? Classic won’t even load for me
Beta won’t load either.
BIG things coming to afternic in 2021 you were saying earlier in year👏
Big things have come for AN this year. 2FA, bulk view and editing of more than 50 domains, new list for sale which trumps any existing listings saving time when you list names for sale via GoDaddy DCC etc etc, they did a lot of work this year. More to come.

•••
•••
Great that extra info helps. Thanks I will look into it.
Thank you, Joe. TA has changed the status just one hour ago. It's now 'payout scheduled' for Dec 5, 2021. Pray for me 🙏

Last edited:
•••
Thank you, Joe. TA has changed the status just one hour ago. It's now 'payout scheduled' for Dec 5, 2021. Pray for me 🙏
You will be paid, I checked into it. Sorry for the delay.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back