IT.COM

Advise Banned for life from Dropcatch.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Marco Alvarez

Established Member
Impact
Hello namepros community, i have been on here for a couple of years now. I don't commonly post on here but I need some advice. Please don't judge me too harshly and try to understand my situation before judging. To make long story short I've been buying and selling domains for a couple years now maybe since like 2014. Dropcatch.com is like the best drop catcher but I have been banned for life because I failed to pay for a $500 domain back in like 2018. At the time I was working a low paying job at godaddy in their customer service department and I kept trying to start different side businesses that all failed. I ended up getting into a lot of debt. I registered maybe like 3k-4k domains hoping I would get lucky but they were all terrible. I ended up declaring bankruptcy and this domain I failed to pay for happened to be the final straw before I lost everything. I have not had anything like that happen anywhere else. Perfect pay history at godaddy and even on here if you look at my review you can see I try hard to do good by people and keep my word. I have since tried to contact dropcatch.com on multiple occasions to explain my situation and even offered to pay for the domain I failed to pay for even though I did not get it. They said it doesn't matter and I'm banned for life. Normally I wouldn't care but I think they have a monopoly on drop catching so now I feel I have no chance on really good domains I want to catch and get for cheap. So my question is does anyone know how I can effectively catch domains without using dropcatch.com or am I pretty much screwed forever in this business of catching valuable names? I'm not looking for anything for free I actually make good money now as a loan officer. Just need advice from the pros. Thank you again for taking the time to read this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A few of the top of my head.....

Godaddy auctions - expireddomains.net
Snapnames
NameJet
Dynadot
Park.io
Catch Tiger

Also keep an eye on Sedo as you can find some decent deals on there occasionally

Last edited:
•••
You have eradicated a big player from your tool chest but there are others as mentioned. For regular run of the mill backorders CatchService (in com) is good. Also if you do auctions keep tabs on NameSilo, NameCheap, Dynadot, SAV, Daaz, Name Liquidate.

Hopefully lesson learned- don’t buy more than you can afford. Good Luck.

•••
Ask your wife to register an account at dropcatch for you and use her account.

•••
Ask your wife to register an account at dropcatch for you and use her account.
Depending on how the service processes logins, that may not work (especially if IP address matches that of the banned account). Wouldn't hurt to try though, I suppose.

Last edited:
•••
catch.club is based on multiple backorder platforms and I suppose DC is also included.
It can be a valid workaround

•••
catch.club is based on multiple backorder platforms and I suppose DC is also included.
It can be a valid workaround
This seems pretty genius I had never even heard of it thank you!

•••
If you survive the electric chair you can be acquitted.

•••
I would say let it go and don't sweat it. There are many other services out there. Things happen. Getting back on your feet was the hard part - trust me on that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back