IT.COM

Advertising on DomainSherpa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

toughdomains

Top Member
Impact
Cyger actually refused to promote us on his blog stating we were not well established enough for the domain industry and to come back later. I agree Dicker is much more established but I guess he was fearful we may give out all these free accounts and later shut our doors?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cyger actually refused to promote us on his blog stating we were not well established enough for the domain industry and to come back later. I agree Dicker is much more established but I guess he was fearful we may give out all these free accounts and later shut our doors?

Possible, he's also a backer of Efty so your products are kinda leaning to be a competitor of that. Not saying he wouldn't promote ya due to that but kinda the equivalent of GoDaddy killing Sedo & DomainNameSales distrubution from the GoDaddy network once they bought Afternic. So not sure it makes much business sense to promote someone trying to directly compete with ya, be like GoDaddy having a banner to Enom on their homepage.

https://www.efty.com/about/

•••
Possible, he's also a backer of Efty so your products are kinda leaning to be a competitor of that. Not saying he wouldn't promote ya due to that but kinda the equivalent of GoDaddy killing Sedo & DomainNameSales distrubution from the GoDaddy network once they bought Afternic. So not sure it makes much business sense to promote someone trying to directly compete with ya, be like GoDaddy having a banner to Enom on their homepage.

https://www.efty.com/about/

I worked for a large publisher for years....(Time Inc) and we always had a wall btw edit and sales...Ad sales was never able to influence editorial purity so its very foreign to me that someone would not advertise us because of a competitive reason. Its very possible in the publishing world to have a car company ads showing up for in an article about a recent recall made by that car company...and in news publishing you never remove content you write a retraction or an update explaining how based on new information you are amending the article...removing content would completly compromise the integrity of the news source...

Anyway Cyger never mentioned anything about being invested in Efty so I have to believe what he said about Tough not being established enough and he would have to assess if we are a clear value to his audience.

•••
Hi Rudy and Tim @toughdomains,

I'm happy to clarify my point of view with you.

You reached out to me on June 8, 2016 and said, "wanted to know how much the DOMAINSHERPA SPONSORS buttons cost? We will be launching a new service in 30 days."

My response was, "Thank you very much for your inquiry regarding sponsorships. As a result of a sponsor breaking the trust of our audience last year, we're no longer accepting sponsorship for new advertisers that do not have a proven track record in the industry. Once you launch your product, please let me know and I'll be happy to review it. If it matches the needs of our audience, I'll be happy to provide you with more details."

You responded on 6/13/16: "Thanks for your time Michael, Ill keep you updated on the launch date.
We are domainers and built a tool that we wanted for our portfolio. We hope others will find it useful. I'm gathering information on where we can advertise at launch. I understand your apprehension with new companies. Thanks Rudy"

I then never heard back from you, until you made your post above.

It is true that I am an investor in Efty.com and that may preclude you from being allowed to advertise on my website, but without knowing what your product/service even looked like I preferred to not close any doors. Who knows...maybe there would have been some sort of partnership or affiliation we could have setup.

I emailed you yesterday to see if there was anything you wanted to discuss. I didn't hear back from you yet, but I welcome a return email or telephone call if you would like to discuss anything further. If not, my best to you and your team.

Best regards,
Michael

•••
@DomainSherpa our founders just noticed your email they will reply today. again we never started this post it was broken out by namepros moderators from the Rick vs Cyger thread.

•••
Good to speak to you on the telephone, Rudy.

I wish you the best and continued success with ToughDomains.com.

Best regards,
Michael

•••
we never started this post it was broken out by namepros moderators from the Rick vs Cyger thread.
To be clear, you created this post and we moved it to the correct section as a thread. Please be mindful of where you post and do so in the appropriate and relevant section/thread. Please contact customer support if you have any additional questions about where content belongs.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
@DomainSherpa and our founders had a great conversation today.
ToughDomains and Efty will continue to be friendly competitors. We look forward to seeing Michael at the next Domain event in person.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back