IT.COM

Adam Dicker says he’ll make you a success with new domain registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In a new discussion thread, on Adam Dicker’s website DNF, Adam who goes by the username DotComGod writes: “In life we only make a difference if we pay it forward and it’s time to pay it forward.”

“I am going to teach a select group of people how to buy fresh reg domains $7 and sell them in that sweet spot which is between around the $2500-$3000 mark. This is the price you can usually get from a somewhat serious buyer starting a website without them having to think too hard. I sell quite a few of these a week and with parking dead, it will be the key to your success in this industry. If you sell at least 3-4 a month on average you should be able to live very decently.”
Read more...
Code:
http://fusible.com/2011/07/adam-dicker-says-hell-make-you-a-success-with-new-domain-registrations/

What do you think about this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I certainly find this is interesting just because I love domaining and learning new things.

•••
interesting to think such claims can still be made at this point of domaining

I agree...very big claims...hope the fairy tale comes true for investors but if it sounds to good to be true...

•••
Even when Jesus performed his free miracles there was an ulterior motive.
To promote Christianity.

•••
I agree...very big claims...hope the fairy tale comes true for investors but if it sounds to good to be true...

its not too good to be true.

he is not promising something unbelievable.

You must be willing to buy between 300 and 1000 domains for reg fees, 1000 would mean you need at least 7-8k spend, 300 would mean you need about $2400 spend initially.

You need money to make money.

You have time to sit on them and wait if necessary, buyers will come to you. Some will come quick some will take 2 years to approach you.

You must understand that domaining is 24/7 buisness, you can sleep when you're dead.

Some sites will be developed out because they will merit more money developed out.

actually this is what many domainers are doing right now without this plan (and with their own plans) anyway.

so, i think it sounds realistic.

•••
•••
It won't work!

Edit: the reason that it won't work is a secret and I can't disclose it!

•••
And he's not guaranteeing anything, so it seems realistic.

exactly. he said that he is selling 2k - 3k domains each month. that doesn't mean that you will be able to do the same too.

but even if a noob invests $700 for 100 domains and sell one 2k domain in one year, he makes 1300 profit.

which is much better than 90% of what i see from newbies coming and going daily.

i assume that his plan is not selling domains lower than 2k. (like xx - xxx or something). but fix a x.xxx price and wait (or be proactive), but don't sell lower than this price.

the only question is how much time will be involved. you don't wanne work daily several hours just to make 1k profit in one year. you do that only if you are jobless and have nothing else to do.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

re "secret" and "NDA", etc.

this is a very normal thing in other business.

i don't understand this "everything should be free and available for everyone" attitude in domain biz. why? whats so special about domaining?
if you have a brillant idea, then why give it away for free to everyone?

just an example: i sell some machines in the middle east. i always try to get "exclusive agencies" from producers in europe. that way i eliminate competition and that way i know that if i find good customers, the producer can't sell to the customer directly, or i will sue him. now its up to them if they accept this condition. and many accept.

Last edited:
•••
but even if a noob invests $700 for 100 domains and sell one 2k domain in one year, he makes 1300 profit.

Right. So for starters, it's a win win situation, even if they dropped all the other 99 domains they still own.

•••
:wave: Good Luck to the "Investors" hope it goes well.

•••
hopefully this thread stays around so we can see some results, if you're involved good luck ......that's all i'll say other than i do not normally expect to drop 200-300 the following year i reg something

•••
re "secret" and "NDA", etc.

this is a very normal thing in other business.

i don't understand this "everything should be free and available for everyone" attitude in domain biz. why? whats so special about domaining?
Most NDA don't involve a method but specific technologies, pieces of contracts. It's hard to enforce an NDA when most of the information is likely taken from publicly sourced material. If anyone taking this "class" posts about their experiences what are the legal ramifications - probably none, I doubt that there's much legally binding in the NDA but just a generic "scout's honor". If it gets too legal then I'd be wary of signing imho - it likely closes more doors than it opens.

Everything should be free? Hardly. But when you run a FORUM which is about the FREE exchange of ideas I don't think it's a strange expectation.

It's not exclusive to domaining - it's common in IT fields which is where most domainers come from. Marketeers are another source and you need to get your name out. Business owners, another source, are more likely to share your view.

if you have a brillant idea, then why give it away for free to everyone?

just an example: i sell some machines in the middle east. i always try to get "exclusive agencies" from producers in europe. that way i eliminate competition and that way i know that if i find good customers, the producer can't sell to the customer directly, or i will sue him. now its up to them if they accept this condition. and many accept.

Totally different - that's a product and a service. It's also not a NDA - its a non-compete clause.

ALL I am saying is..

Lower your expectations to be realistic
Be wary what you sign
Be wary of what you risk ($800 might be some peoples emergency fund and it is a risk)
Good Luck - it just might be a life/career changing opportunity

//Dicker does say that it is a risk - he's not hiding that fact re: third point :)

Last edited:
•••
Investing 400-1000 names based on a list given to you is not "no cost". He also says development will be required which is also not "no cost".

He is doing it at NO ADDITIONAL cost which is a great bargain.

That's what I meant, no additional cost to Adam, except for his time. Of course it takes money to make money :hehe: I just think Adam's doing a great thing, and I respect him wanting to "give back" to the industry.

•••
What amazes me is he has a minimum of (50 states x 100 domains) 5,000 domains unregistered. Maybe 2-10 times that amount if he goes down to cities or districts. OK, they're GEO, so maybe. Also, I don't see anything which would prevent you from going outside your allotted state. I'm intrigued, but I'm not in the US/Canada. But I do believe he's in it for altruistic reasons. Good luck to all those who participate. I think the learning curve would be excellent, even for an established domainer.

•••
But..how many of you have been able to register a new local geo domain for $5-10 (not expiring or auctioned off domains) in the past two years and been able to sell them for $x,xxx within a year's time? That's practically unheard of.

•••
What are you guys talking about with geo domains? He said something like 1 person from each state to take part in this, then opened it up to more than that.

•••
A few years ago, someone was at NP marketing an ebook, on how to make money with GEO CCTLD...

This is the same thing, except, the risk is higher in the thousands. Most people didn't trust the ebook, because they don't know who was behind it. Alot of "experts" here are giving the green light to invest anywhere from 1k-8K as suggested at DNF.

But will people invest? This is very suprising that people will not trust the unknown, for $19.99 or something like that, but will trust someone who they know or are believed to have known through word of mouth for much more like in the thousands of $$$$. And wait for up to 2 years?

I wonder, if anyone bought the ebook when there was a thread here at NP dedicated to the CCTLD GEO ?

•••
There is a little bit of difference. When you buy an ebook on domaining, you own the ebook. It might help you out, it might not.

In this situation, the money you're spending will be on domains, you will own them. If you buy 100 domains at around $8 a pop = $800. You could very well just sell one of them for more than that. Maybe a few. Maybe many at xx that added up will be more than that. Who knows.

•••
what is the implication of "you won't take what you've learned and multiply it behind the groups back." ?

If you multiply, does it mean you will affect the whole market? (in a stock market with low volume, large trade would affect the price)

•••
What's the risk, you buy 100 names with guidance and none sell.
People are buying more than 100 on their own and fail daily.

The risk is minimal.
I was very clear that if you can't afford to risk the $700, don't sign up.

I remember reading this on Elliots Blog & DNF yesterday but it said:
"You must be willing to buy between 300 and 1000 domains for reg fees, 1000 would mean you need at least 7-8k spend, 300 would mean you need about $2400 spend initially."

So that is more than the $700 mentioned.

This being said, I do think that it would be a good opportunity for people to learn a lot from someone who's been in the game for a long time & is successful in what he does.

•••
@htmlindex: He later says the group(s) will start with 100 domains.

•••
@htmlindex: He later says the group(s) will start with 100 domains.

Even more. From yesterday's Adam post at DNF:

"Remember nobody is forcing you to register even one domain.
Take the information I provide you with and ignore it or use it, that's your call.
If you learn even one thing you will be ahead of others"

I think it's a good opportunity to study for us.

•••
At first it was built on trust and at least $2,400 USD invested.
Now its just encouragement and freewill if you choose to buy even 1 domain.

So...blind trust ? vs. goodwill

Now there's a thing that not many people would consider, market saturation, limited outcome as disclosed (implied).

Those who believed its a good opportunity and fully support this trusted endeavor, will they invest at least $2,400 or $700 as said?

I find this interesting, that we went from a position of "non trust"(ebook-$19.99 USD with a huge thread on NP years ago), to trust (someone who you think you know, or others said good things of for $700-2,400-8,000 USD), to "free will -$7 or $0" buy 1 domain if you like, or don't even participate and among others "encouragement".

I think we are getting closer to deal or no deal, take a chance with a million or take $0.

This is actually exciting, but I don't think we can learn or have an opportunity to learn because of the DNA. Non disclosure to the public is in effect.

So with that said, limited market, saturation, non disclosure, high risk. VS. Trusting someone who you think you know and what others said good things about.

All for $2,400? Looks like at that price, Trust is a BIG no since prices have been adjusted toward 100 domains.
So for $700? again, a no, since the author had just thrown in the free will to buy 1 or 0.

---------------
I do see how Adams makes his millions. But for the joe smuck, who listened to the experts advice to follow the green light.

There was a big thread that was paid to NP with a site dedicated to CCTLD. Alot of people were wondering who the author was, and there was a lot of distrust to the point that suggested it was a "SCAM". So it didn't work out too well. Cost alot to advertise on NP back then, was it $3,000/week?

That was some joe smuck, who set up a website and an ebook or something. He claimed he made millions. But the trust was not there.

Now if the average joe smuck here, followed Adam and the Experts and waste say $3,000. I would say, the majority will not make it back.

While someone like Adam (as obvious) we can see from the thread, there alot of people who would say (say they think is genuine) and given a green light to others may have already bought into $2,400.

And there are like absolutely more than 10 people who have done it, Adam could sell something to 100 people for $2,400 USD and be well off every month. Ofcourse it will get saturated too.

But will the joe smuch who spent $3,000 to advertise on a large forum like NP per week, set up website, portals, emails etc., get his money back?

One case shows its a big NO.

I bet Adams has already made his millions, and continue to do so, because he has a lot of trust behind him. But for everyone else...might not work as stated.

I seriously bet Adam have like about 100 people signed up at the thread already. Which shows he's a great sales man. Because he has a few things that joe smuck won't have and can't replicate.

Can joe smuck sell to 100 people off the bat, get good publicity, or even pay for publicity? The answer is probably not.

Last edited:
•••
Back