Dynadot

Adam Dicker says he’ll make you a success with new domain registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In a new discussion thread, on Adam Dicker’s website DNF, Adam who goes by the username DotComGod writes: “In life we only make a difference if we pay it forward and it’s time to pay it forward.”

“I am going to teach a select group of people how to buy fresh reg domains $7 and sell them in that sweet spot which is between around the $2500-$3000 mark. This is the price you can usually get from a somewhat serious buyer starting a website without them having to think too hard. I sell quite a few of these a week and with parking dead, it will be the key to your success in this industry. If you sell at least 3-4 a month on average you should be able to live very decently.”
Read more...
Code:
http://fusible.com/2011/07/adam-dicker-says-hell-make-you-a-success-with-new-domain-registrations/

What do you think about this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is interesting and hopefully works out for the people who are investing in it. But for some reason it sounds like a scam lol I don't know why but it does.

IT would be nice for him to share some tip publicly ...

I would say the average sale price would be around 125 - 175 dollars per domain name. So if some one bought 1k domains with and initial investment of 7k will make a 143k profit in one year.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know why its all over the place when it was meant to be for his members only and obviously someone doesn't know who Adam Dicker is so he drops the scam bomb on Adam.

•••
I am skeptical. This is a lot of labor just to help 50 people out of the goodness of your heart. He is getting something out of this. How and what is anyone's guess right now.

•••
I am skeptical. This is a lot of labor just to help 50 people out of the goodness of your heart. He is getting something out of this. How and what is anyone's guess right now.

Happiness! That is what he is getting out of this. It feels good to give, so seeing people succeed will bring joy to Adam!

•••
It's a good thing he's doing this, a lot of people are walking around totally blind and oblivious in this business.

He is willing to lead you by the finger and show you how to do something, without expecting / asking for anything in return, how can it be better?

In any case, the kind of info and knowledge an exercise like this can bring, even for experienced domain investment professionals, would alone make it worthwhile to be included in the test set.

•••
I assure you it's no scam, I want no money and expect none.

What's the risk, you buy 100 names with guidance and none sell.
People are buying more than 100 on their own and fail daily.

The risk is minimal.
I was very clear that if you can't afford to risk the $700, don't sign up.

Why am I doing this, good charma can go along way.
... and with parking revenue in the shitter, people need to learn how to sell domains to do well in this business and also learn how to negotiate.

Adam Dicker

Last edited:
•••
I think you meant "cant" afford to risk the $700, don't sign up.

Btw, I think you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart. Good on you!

The risk is minimal.
I was very clear that if you can afford to risk the $700, don't sign up.

... and with parking revenue in the shitter, people need to learn how to sell domains to do well in this business and also learn how to negotiate.

Adam Dicker

•••
Is this a revolutionary new domaining model that nobody has figured out yet? Or is this a known model already that many experienced domainers are already using?

Also i got lost a little bit, so this is 700 bucks to know the secret am i right? I got lost by the "goodness of your heart" "happiness" and "feel good" i read from the posts, so i thought it was for free. hehe

•••

The risk is minimal.

Adam Dicker

It is great to see others in this industry we all love and enjoy, giving back for the simple pleasure of helping fellow domainers. Though I am saddened to be unable to participate this time around, I remain hopeful there will be another opportunity at some point in the future. Thanks for all you do.

-Regards

•••
Honestly, if he doesn't ask for any money, I can't see how this could be a bad thing.

•••
Also i got lost a little bit, so this is 700 bucks to know the secret am i right? I got lost by the "goodness of your heart" "happiness" and "feel good" i read from the posts, so i thought it was for free. hehe
No you're wrong.

It's $700 to register 100 domains in your name.

He'll give you the list to register from and the method to sell it, for free.

•••
This is a great opportunity in my opinion, for anyone who gets to participate in the project. Good luck to all!

•••
I think this correlates with his thread about many of the blogs in this industry being run by people who don't have lasting success in this industry who are giving out advice - he's putting his money where his mouth is, which is great.

•••
He lost me at :

"You must be willing to sign an NDA..."

Strange condition for someone who runs a forum which is supposed to be about sharing - I hope he pays back everyone who helped him.

I'm not sure I'd ever do anything that was of a "secret" nature and sign a NDA. It closes way too many doors down the line depending on how strict it is.

Good luck to those at DNF who take him on though.

//Also I'm not an active member there but a lurker :)

•••
I think it's great as well, don't see a problem with it. Plus, and I have no idea if there are plans to do this and don't see a problem if he did:

If the people taking him up on this offer are successful, I know a lot of people would pay money for an ebook/book on the plan on how they accomplished what they did.

•••
If the people taking him up on this offer are successful, I know a lot of people would pay money for an ebook/book on the plan on how they accomplished what they did.

But they signed a NDA would have to come from him.

•••
But they signed a NDA would have to come from him.

I'm saying Adam can make one.

If somebody is out there teaching you how to make some money, you have them sign an NDA that they won't talk about it in public, won't use the info to make their own ebook/book. After this experiment, if there is success, bottle it up and sell it.

•••

Apparently he prefers to pay it forward one state at a time :) But thanks for clarifying - you are definitely correct!

•••
Apparently he prefers to pay it forward one state at a time :) But thanks for clarifying - you are definitely correct!

Again, I don't know the future plans. It might be what I suggested, it could be just pay it forward, just helping people out. Either way is fine to me.

•••
I don't know why its all over the place when it was meant to be for his members only and obviously someone doesn't know who Adam Dicker is so he drops the scam bomb on Adam.

Not dropping a scam bomb or anything i am just saying it sounds like buy this eBook and i will show you how to make 300 dollars a day ... it sounds too good to be true.

Happiness! That is what he is getting out of this. It feels good to give, so seeing people succeed will bring joy to Adam!

I am a causal domainer ... well that is what I think. I don't read domaining news and invest a lot of time into it. I just learned about a forum and might have registered. It is a nice marketing trick in my opinion. For example I don't give 10k to a charity from my business for fun. In business I should get something out of it too or else you loose money ... and bad things happen.

The risk is minimal.

Adam Dicker

I understand in general what you are saying.

If you close your eyes and pick up 1000 ores.

Without Guidance
5 is platinum
25 is gold
50 is silver
the rest is copper.

With Guidance(in this case lets say the size is the same and you told the person picking how much each type of ore weighs and person uses hands to guess and differentiate.)

Results
25 is platinum
50 is gold
100 is silver
the rest is copper.

•••
I admire Adam's enthusiasm in providing quality guidance to newcomers, at no cost. :tu:

•••

If somebody is out there teaching you how to make some money, you have them sign an NDA that they won't talk about it in public, won't use the info to make their own ebook/book. After this experiment, if there is success, bottle it up and sell it.

I m thinking the same, this would probably be great content for a "domaining to success" ebook.

•••
I admire Adam's enthusiasm in providing quality guidance to newcomers, at no cost. :tu:

Investing 400-1000 names based on a list given to you is not "no cost". He also says development will be required which is also not "no cost".

He is doing it at NO ADDITIONAL cost which is a great bargain.

It's a brave place to go though to make some of the statements he's made. He's basically implying that he can find hand-reg domains that he can consistently sell for 2-3K - and he talks about doing this 3-4 times a month.

If he can do that for 10 people providing a list to reg? That's 60-120K a month he's giving away?

He is of course over-selling his program and even if you walk away with one 3 $2K sales on an $5K investment you'll be happy. However, I think that won't be enough to really deserve the title dotcomGOD, lol. But I'd be happy :)

I'm sure he's going to suggest a lot to be put on his new commission free platform :)

Again. It's an interesting proposal and I hope that it works out for the people that participate. I also hope that the participants can share their experiences without falling foul of the NDA.

•••
interesting to think such claims can still be made at this point of domaining

•••
Back