IT.COM

Adam Dicker out at TDNAM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Adam Dicker has "left GoDaddy to pursue other opportunities effective immediately" or however that corporate mumbo-jumbo goes.

Bottom line, Dicker is no longer running TDNAM/after market stuff for GD any more.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you would ban me because you've scolded me in PM form,

Could you please let me know what PM you refer to ?

•••
Tech4, if you are referring to a report some 2 years ago (I do not know as you have not given a link - that would be really helpful if you did), then it was decided that Adam Dicker had not been bidding using knowledge obtained unethically and that he had merely continued what he had done for for years prior to joining GoDaddy, that is analyzing domains and bidding on domains he thought was a good investment! It was later decided that after the furor that employees of GoDaddy would not be able to bid in their auctions so as to nullify the thought that the possibility that insider trading was occuring!

So the above, if that is what you were referring to, is not proof at all, indeed it supports my points that such accusations would seem totally groundless! If you have proof then by all means show it. I should hope that members here and elsewhere are not able to be swayed by inuendo and baseless accusations.

•••
Could you please let me know what PM you refer to ?

hi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what we are talking about

Quote:
IMHO, Dicker is pond-scum, period.

what you said about the situation is your opinion and
it is welcomed...it's the direct personal attacks we
don't allow.

Wendy

That is the PM sent to me from another mod here. Don't you communicate with one another?

•••
•••
hi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:

mis_chiff said:
don't allow.

Wendy

That is the PM sent to me from another mod here. Don't you communicate with one another?

and you call that a scolding...??

I don't know why you are going on about this,
the OP posted this ONE post and hasn't been back since and you guys
are going off like this is new news...what was it...2008 it happened?
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name...addy-vp-caught-bidding-against-customers.html

PS: Read this...
The following rules apply to all forums and sub-forums on our site:

1.1) Be Polite! - Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws. Be polite! Debate and heated discussions are okay, however posting rude, attacking, insulting, profane and uncalled for comments are not allowed and may result in the permanent termination of your account.

and no, when it's obvious what's going on, we don't need
to communicate with each other ;)

I sent you that PM because I wasn't going to post it back in the forum, that's all...no scolding there.
and this thread is not for a discussion with us, if you like - PM us or start a thread in
the appropriate section and we will address your concerns there.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

That's no accusion, that's media reported being caught. Meaning before being caught the VP identity was not known. And so, we have a case of insider bidding against customers.

Did you notice the date on this : June 30, 2008
did something else happen that I haven't seen yet?

Last edited:
•••
Did you notice the date on this : June 30, 2008
did something else happen that I haven't seen yet?

Its the inaction for 2 years meaning it just ended sometime this year by quitting/resigning probably. Which bothers me and probably many other people, especially a large company can let this action go unpunish. Auction house are supposed ot be trusted people, and VP can do it, who knows? While Snapname created some remedies/fix, GD have not taken the responsibility to do so.

Yes this is new because 2 years of inaction, for something this big is NEWs worthy.
Think about it, what if The SEC knew the Ponzi Scheme guy Madoff have been going on for decades but they were silent because Madoff was the chairman of the SEC.

This is newsworthy when we are talking about domainer having to pay more for domain names in auction because auction house were dishonest (they bidded against customers).
Even more newsworthy now is, nothing is being done now, no responsibility has been taken. The FTC should be notified of GD's failure to take ACTION. (too bad GD is not publicly traded stock like oversees).

•••
Its the inaction for 2 years meaning it just ended sometime this year by quitting/resigning probably. Which bothers me and probably many other people, especially a large company can let this action go unpunish. Auction house are supposed ot be trusted people, and VP can do it, who knows? While Snapname created some remedies/fix, GD have not taken the responsibility to do so.

Yes this is new because 2 years of inaction, for something this big is NEWs worthy.
Think about it, what if The SEC knew the Ponzi Scheme guy Madoff have been going on for decades but they were silent because Madoff was the chairman of the SEC.

This is newsworthy when we are talking about domainer having to pay more for domain names in auction because auction house were dishonest (they bidded against customers).
Even more newsworthy now is, nothing is being done now, no responsibility has been taken. The FTC should be notified of GD's failure to take ACTION. (too bad GD is not publicly traded stock like oversees).

•••
... There has to be some accountability to stock holders, customers, and the public. It cost domainers money. IF the domain industry was regulated by the FTC, (are they) maybe they should take a look into this. OR the SEC.

Fraud is fraud. And sh!ttalk is sh!ttalk. How's that for trying to establish that I'm not on either side here? :)

If you truly believe there is a problem and you want to seek justice, I think the FTC is the one you want, assuming they are the agency charged with enforcing the legalities relating to interstate commerce. You might also consider building a RICO case - I'm no lawyer but I could see this possibly falling under racketeering and corruption due to the multiple players. :o There is also the possibility of pursuing wire fraud charges.

But as a former stockbroker and institutional trader, I can tell you that this is nowhere near the SEC's jurisdiction as these are domain names we're talking about and not securities. Even if you could somehow make the argument that domain names are securities and therefore fall within SEC jurisdiction (which is not the current case), in the post-Enron and post-Bernie Madoff reality that I live in there are legitimate questions being asked about whether or not the SEC does their job well. So your govt enforcement mileage will likely vary if you get any at all.

Also, not to discourage you, but don't most of the politicians and gov agencies view domainers through the very narrow and extemely reductionist lense of "scum" and "trash"? That's a huge perception hurdle if enforcement tends to think of domainers as outlaws.

I guess my strongest feeling on the matter is that if you seek justice then your best shot is to seek it in court yourself. Get the depositions and discovery going and you may find that rabbit hole. You can't measure how deep the hole goes if you can't find the hole.

Please pardon the interruption - I will pour another glass of red, enjoy the rare los angeles rain, and now I can get back to reading the rest of this interesting if not highly flammable and potentially very disturbing thread. :notme:

•••
hi

Quote:

don't allow.

Wendy

Yes we do - very much :talk: But this is not what we would consider needing to pm eachother to notify

But you stated that *I* scolded you in PM form.

This was not me and nor was you scolded.. Just reminded of the rules

I am tempted to close this thread - not to silence but no point if this is the kinda posts.

I will leave it open if it remains on track - will see :D

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back