IT.COM

Abusing Dynadot marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Dynadot has a major bug.

If you list a domain there, someone can pretend to buy it, and prevent you from managing your domain for 5 days.

If domain is not paid, it is not sold either, why lock it, and also prevent others from purchasing it.

Also they don't seem to expose the fake buyer: worse than Sedo, Sedo at least shows fake buyer's fake info.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well you don't post it on the forum for thousands of people. You message their support team. Come on, they're a business.

•••
I'm not saying Dynadot is bad. I would probably vote for Dynadot if I was forced to choose the best registrar.
But they are not perfect either.

Also this is not about Dynadot only.. Letting someone "buy" but not pay, for a long time when price is fixed, is not a good idea, (unless the marketplace thinks only buyers are flippers, so they have to allow flippers to sell someone else's domain).

(And are you all (downvoters) defending Dynadot or yourself (as a flipper)).

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot has a major bug.

If you list a domain there, someone can pretend to buy it, and prevent you from managing your domain for 5 days.

If domain is not paid, it is not sold either, why lock it, and also prevent others from purchasing it.

Also they don't seem to expose the fake buyer: worse than Sedo, Sedo at least shows fake buyer's fake info.
Screenshots or it didn't happen.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back