IT.COM

question About how much Hugedomains sales percentage? And comparing with yours?

NameSilo
Watch

DomainChat.net

DomainChat.netEstablished Member
Impact
I see each hugedomains salespage, for example
activepair.com
ainoo.com
asiahero.com
aspeedtest.net

is have perfect salespage,
beside Buy Now button, there is also installment 12 months plan

do you think about how much Hugedomains sales percentage? about 5%? 10%? 20%<?
and comparing with yours?

You are so great Matt mann, maybe you are the best in domain industry currently

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't believe Huge Domains publishes their sales though most of their domains seem to be priced between $1500 and $5000. They continue to catch domains and are now over 2.1 million domains under management (per Whois). If you search their inventory for a few keywords, they still seem to be catching a lot of marginal-quality domains. Regardless, they focus almost exclusively on .COM and price low $XXXX so despite the burden of many questionable names, they seem to be doing OK. Meanwhile my portfolio is at the lowest number of registrations since I was a newbie - not because of sales. The aftermarket seems to have died since the launch of new TLDs -sales over $500 are way down from five years ago.

•••
just your analyze if you have, how much is the percentage of their domains

i think their sales with their domains + price low $xxxx + that good salespage = about 5%

with that percentage, their continue backordering domains from dropcatch.com @$59?

•••
HD is tough to beat on backorders - put in orders at Namejet, Snapnames, Name.com, Pheenix and still got beat by DropCatch

•••
Top two things that are killing domaining.

1. New gTLDs
2. Andrew Reberry

•••
One can only speculate but I'd bet it's a better sales ratio than any other major portfolio holder or marketplace.

I try to look at the bright side of anything, at least their lander does a decent job with better educating hundreds of thousands of people a day on the value of a domain regardless if they buy there or not.

•••
I don't believe Huge Domains publishes their sales though most of their domains seem to be priced between $1500 and $5000. They continue to catch domains and are now over 2.1 million domains under management (per Whois). If you search their inventory for a few keywords, they still seem to be catching a lot of marginal-quality domains. Regardless, they focus almost exclusively on .COM and price low $XXXX so despite the burden of many questionable names, they seem to be doing OK. Meanwhile my portfolio is at the lowest number of registrations since I was a newbie - not because of sales. The aftermarket seems to have died since the launch of new TLDs -sales over $500 are way down from five years ago.

So you dropped a whole lot of domains?

•••
I've seen a few of my drops at HugeDomains. They probably are only picking up .COM drops but it might be interesting to see how many they have and where they are priced. But if I couldn't sell them for low $XXX how likely is it they will sell them for $2500?

•••
So you did drop a lot of domains? I agree with you. I've had the same experience. The only question remains, are they self-sustainable, or are they in for a big surprise. IMHO, it's the former. Else they have very deep pockets. $16M in renewals is approx 5k domains/year to sell at an average of $3k. Just to break-even.

•••
So you did drop a lot of domains? I agree with you. I've had the same experience. The only question remains, are they self-sustainable, or are they in for a big surprise. IMHO, it's the former. Else they have very deep pockets. $16M in renewals is approx 5k domains/year to sell at an average of $3k. Just to break-even.
do you mean theye are at loss (not profit) right now?

who is larger & better portfolio better than hugedomains?

•••
@fastcool - I have no inside knowledge of their profitability. But 2.1M domains @ $59 = $124M Investment. Renewals are 2.1 @ $8 = $16M So they need to sell a lot of domains just to break even. I'm speculating that they manage to sell enough domains to break-even, otherwise they'd probably be out of business.

Huge Domains dominate the domain dropping market. They probably capture 65-80% of valuable (used flexibly) domains which drop every day. They have a formidable portfolio, also with a lot of not-so-good domains overvalued. There cannot be many investors with over 2.1M domains. Better is such a relative term, but there are probably a lot of investors with better domains. Remember. They only pick up domains which are unwanted (dropped). Their portfolio doesn't consist of highly valuable domains. IMHO.

•••
They seem to have some methodology for picking expiring domains as they don't pick up every .COM drop. They do seem to be more interested in aged .COM drops. However, if you run a query of .COM expiring domains say at least 8 years old at Godaddy you will find yourself wondering why someone renewed all those names for so long. No doubt they are catching some good expiring domains but they could probably drop 90% of their portfolio and the impact on their sales volume would be minimal. If you price crap domains at $XXXX they are not going to sell.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back