NameSilo

A warning to all my fellow tadpoles about domain extensions and (no) privacy

Labeled as information in Domain Beginners started by turbo funk, Aug 20, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Gube

Gube Member Epik.com Staff

It was an example, I'm sure it's possible to buy/rent a proxy service in Europe.
    You could also use Epik's anonymize service, And it's free
    It's in the Us, but it gives you a different phone number, so no spam on your phone
    https://anonymize.com/whois-protection/
    upload_2019-8-21_21-41-33.png

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. bluetooth

bluetooth Established Member

My inboxes have 200K junk emails (I am a Real Estate agent) mostly from other agents trying to get me to show/sell their listings or vendors trying to sell me services. I get very little from domain spam relatively speaking.

3. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

use google translate

4. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

I don't know what kind you own either...your volume of ownership has no bearing on anything. You are fortunate if you only get three unwanted interactions a week. On the number of names I own, I get over 150 a week...and that is with privacy in place.

5. turbo funk

turbo funk Upgraded Member Gold Account

ignore the bold in my original, somethin pooped

i was planning on using the 60 day transfer lock to learn the ropes a bit, and then when i was ready to sell i would get all my info in order. oh well, its all good

this is exactly what happened lmao

oh sh*t.. i am not ready for this lol
    this why i wanted those 60 days to prepare!! damn you .us
    and i cant let go of the domain because its my baby
    im trapped

6. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Member VIP

Yeah, and maybe a second house... a second job, and a second wife, maybe another set of kids... yeah, I'll just duplicate my life so that scammers have a second source of contact info.

7. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Member VIP

If you own 6K domains, all with current and correct contact info: name, phone numbers, email, and home or business address, and only get 3 contact attempts per week then you definitely have some level of WHOIS privacy, whether that is GEO like the European GDRP or one that comes free with the registrar, as with Uniregistry and others.

8. NameBuyer.com

NameBuyer.com Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't use privacy either.

I use a dead-end skype number (voice mail only) as the phone and my regular gmail as the email. Gmail does a great job of filtering out just about every spam message. I wouldn't use your regular phone number if possible. It can get really annoying if the wrong place starts sending you text messages.

9. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

My phone actually never stops ringing there was is a domainer that got an answering machine which asked all calls to be made to another number. This number was a premium per minute number and the guy was paying for the service and making profit from the spammers. I read about it here long time ago.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice