IT.COM

A very interesting read from an End-User's view

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right. As I’ve written before:

Only a fool eschews what is in the public domain. And this goes for appraisal tools, and both comparable closed sales and for sale listings. It’s all out there and you must assume that your buyer has access to it all same as you do.

How and whether you choose to disclose any of this to the buyer depends on the circumstances and how sophisticated and internet savvy you gauge the buyer to be, but you can’t simply assume that he doesn’t know about them.

•••
$10k for crew.co what?:xf.eek:
congrats for seller though :xf.grin:

•••
$10k for crew.co what?:xf.eek:
congrats for seller though :xf.grin:

well, you read how happy the buyer was owning such a short name. Those are the best sales when both seller and buyer are happy.

What I liked in that article was how their mind worked, as in, how they moved from 'ooomf' to 'pick crew' and finally to just 'crew' and also how they based their pricing on past sales.

•••
I wonder how much traffic they are bleeding to crew.com.
In my opinion they have been moving from one bad name to another. The .co is an improvement but may not be the final string.

Also, I think making up brand names and making up domain names is not always compatible. For example I sometimes buy clothing or furniture with fuzzy model names, that are not registered as domain names. If they were that would mean disaster.

Last edited:
•••
it is nice to have something short and sweet that we don’t have to constantly spell out.
Wish all businesses would think same way (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back