IT.COM

advice A slumped crypto market could be hurting domain investors

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Over the last two weeks, the value of cryptocurrency, NFTs, and associated investment values have taken a hit for a plethora of reasons. Bitcoin seems to have bounced back off of its lows, but it is still considerably lower than it has been trading of late. I have not participated in these markets, but I believe a falling crypto market is bad for domain investors and the domain name industry as a whole...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...or classic domain names will be back to the business!
The sudden death of crypto madness.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know... I just sold two domains so far today.

I think the crypto downturn will absolutely annihilate ETH domain prices, but standard TLDs should be just fine over the long haul.

One to watch is XYZ which owes a lot of its recent price gains to crypto buyers.

Last edited:
•••
.xyz holders will soon understand the bubble. Thanks God, my main portfolio is not crypto related. At least, it's not based on crypto.
I hate all this crypto stuff.
I hate web3.
I hate .xyz.

Last edited:
•••
My son made an absolute killing trading Terra Luna a couple of days ago.......

Bought at £0.81 sold at £4.01 within an hour or two = around a 395% return

Only 19, dropped out of college just over a year ago to focus on trading and he has been smashing it....ready to move out soon

Even when markets go into free fall there are opportunities to buy and sell

I have spoken to him about domains and he said who needs them :xf.laugh:

•••
Cryptocrash and nft collapse are great news for domain industry.

Sorry nft and crypo traders. Welcome back to domains.

•••
Those who access websites, including him who uses the internet.
Those services are not hanging in air somewhere.

Last edited:
•••
The market may suffer but the technology stands.

•••
The market may suffer but the technology stands.

And waits patiently for the next Pump-n-Dump scheme to be born.

•••
My son made an absolute killing trading Terra Luna a couple of days ago.......

Bought at £0.81 sold at £4.01 within an hour or two = around a 395% return

Only 19, dropped out of college just over a year ago to focus on trading and he has been smashing it....ready to move out soon

Even when markets go into free fall there are opportunities to buy and sell

All those companies which happen to be launching need domains.
Not sure if the question "who needs them" was a serious one.

•••
I'm not invested in crypto, i wish i did invest in Bitcoin years ago, but i don't think crypto is profitable anymore.

I do follow it though. Michael Saylor, i don't know what he's playing at with Bitcoin, it's all well and good believing in it, but basically putting your whole company and life on it and even borrowing to buy Bitcoin, I don't why Microstrategy board members don't say anything to stop it, how rich do you want to be even if Bitcoin goes on to be what he believes it will become? I think it gets to a stage where it's more about obsession rather than calculated business investments.

Whilst Michael is clearly a smart guy, many founders and CEO's of multi-billion dollar companies who don't believe in Bitcoin are also smart guys, not everyone is going to be right.

Last edited:
•••
All those companies which happen to be launching need domains.
Not sure if the question "who needs them" was a serious one.
Way to suck the joy out of a great anecdote... But you have a point.

@NickB your lad sounds like a smart cookie.

Don't let him go all in though cause it could end in tears 😂

•••
crypto isnt going anywhere if its $5 or $100k a coin it will still be a business here to stay. good luck. :)

•••
Way to suck the joy out of a great anecdote... But you have a point.

@NickB your lad sounds like a smart cookie.

Don't let him go all in though cause it could end in tears 😂

I think the replies show that they don't have teenagers in the family - Or a sense of humour......
:xf.wink:

He's not all in on Crypto - other assets as well - trades, has long and short positions also - so has his bases covered....hopefully

•••
•••
Crypto is here to stay, I personally hate to get out my wallet and pay in cash, it's big and spacy plus money are dirty with a bunch of microbes on them.
I would prefer to pay with my finger print and other digital stuff, even a ring with a digital ID would be enough.

Last edited:
•••
•••
the owner of paradise is following the same tricks on the playbook- advertise, give freebies, give low cost to initial offerings, pump pump and then sell .

Market manipulation according to SEC and they should be fined and go to jail

Seems like there is no more advertising anymore on the domaining or on his blog and have not been mentioned on his blog....?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back