Dynadot

A self-righteous CEO whose MONEY is soon to disappear - Parler to Epik

NameSilo
Watch

GTBAAA

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
A self-righteous CEO whose MONEY is soon to disappear - Parler to Epik - check whois

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This site is down for me.

It will remain down for some time. Parler heavily relied on the AWS infrastructure due to the architecture.

It takes time to rebuild on another platform. They stated (can't remember the source) it's gonna take at least a week.

Last edited:
•••
Tatum's quote is generic and too general, that is why it's online.

While many leftists go scot-free almost all the time even if it's too obvious. Former Facebook whistleblower that they target conservatives.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...t-charlie-kirk-dimaond-and-silk-a9659301.html

I think it comes down to reach. The tweets you posted should face exactly the same punishment as Trump did and the posters suspended. However, there is a difference between someone with millions of followers and someone with just a few. It's also easier to fly under the radar when you're a small fish.

I think the other difference is that, as a platform, I'd suggest that only a small proportion of Twitter posts are hate-orientated. Whereas on GAP and Parler, having been a member, it feels like pretty much everything is geared towards stoking up violence and division.

Last edited:
•••
Tatum's quote is generic and too general, that is why it's online.

While many leftists go scot-free almost all the time even if it's too obvious. Former Facebook whistleblower that they target conservatives.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...t-charlie-kirk-dimaond-and-silk-a9659301.html

It's the exact same phrase and the one from the left you seem to have an issue with.

The Big Tech is out to get us is BS. People are monetizing that bs. When you actually dig into the details, it doesn't hold up. What I posted is true. Anybody can get banned. You can find examples, like I just did of the same type of content not getting handled.

If they wanted to do a purge, you don't think they could? Most right leaning people have active social media accounts. Why would they want to purge money making accounts?

What do you think these social media companies want? They want users, interaction etc. Why? The more you have of that, the more they can charge in advertising. The more you have of that, the more good you look to a buyer.

What happened when they zapped Trump? Their stock took a hit. Do you think they like to lose money?

If anything, no user of Twitter has gotten more of a pass than Trump. They bent over backwards keeping his account active because of the position he holds.

Last edited:
•••
I think it comes down to reach. The tweets you posted should face exactly the same punishment as Trump did and the posters suspended. However, there is a difference between someone with millions of followers and someone with just a few. It's also easier to fly under the radar when you're a small fish.

I think the other difference is that, as a platform, I'd suggest that only a small proportion of Twitter posts are hate-orientated. Whereas on GAP and Parler, having been a member, it feels like pretty much everything is geared towards stoking up violence and division.

Speech of violence vs the actual violence. The leftist violence has cost the US at least $1 Billion in damages. Actual violence started as thought, then speech, then action. So the conclusion is, leftist violence is rampant and stronger than the rightist violence. It is obvious.

Last edited:
•••
Self righteous with a dash of morals we haven't ever seen any crime just a difference in opinon so i don't think anything is going down other than bs.

•••
Self righteous with a dash of morals we haven't ever seen any crime just a difference in opinon so i don't think anything is going down other than bs.

I agree. Some people just could not live life peacefully. Even registered a new username just to expel his/her insecurities by starting this thread.

•••
Parler to Epik ? My English is not so good please pick another word

•••
Speech of violence vs the actual violence. The leftist violence has cost the US at least $1 Billion in damages. Actual violence started as thought, then speech, then action. So the conclusion is, leftist violence is rampant and stronger than the rightist violence. It is obvious.

I don't condone for one second some of the rioting undertaken by certain elements of the hard left. That said, it is okay to accept that both right wing and left wing extremism are wrong - you don't have to choose a side.

•••
Last edited:
•••
There is no difference between the speech of violence & the actual movement

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
And this won’t help it

That would be enough for Google and Apple to remove Twitter, and I don't think it will happen.

•••
That would be enough for Google and Apple to remove Twitter, and I don't think it will happen.
So we agree it’s a dumb thread on namepros ?

•••
Parler to Epik ? My English is not so good please pick another word
It's French actually :xf.grin:
"Parler" means "To speak"
Giving us something like "To speak to Epik"

•••
It's French actually :xf.grin:
"Parler" means "To speak"
Giving us something like "To speak to Epik"
False Prophets

•••
I got ah many wishes my self

•••
First amendment rights only protect from government infringement. They have nothing to do with private companies or platforms.

Private companies can decide who they do business with, or allow to use their platform.

Additionally, inciting or organizing violence is not free speech.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It seems like many of these companies have made a decision that any association with a seditious incitement of insurrection is bad for business.

Brad

Legally speaking, incitement has an incredibly high bar that none of Trump’s actions since the election come close to meeting.

These standards were set by the Supreme Court in its landmark Brandenburg v. Ohio case. Among other things, the decision held that in order to constitute incitement to violence, speech must include intent and specific, not abstract, instructions to act. It also required that the speech in question would likely produce “imminent lawless action,” which went a step further than the previous legal tests for incitement. According to the ruling:

[T]he constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/12/no-donald-trump-did-not-incite-an-insurrection/

1) Censorship is against the spirit of compromise of section 230. Publishers would not be held accountable to allow free speech.

2) When publishers act in concert with government, it is censorship.

... imo.

Last edited:
•••
Better chance of them buying Twitter.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 179017 Show attachment 179019 Show attachment 179020

And people don't think it should be moderated?

It's easy to have an academic argument, but let's at least have the guts to look at the sort of content that is being posted and say whether we are okay with it or not.

I'm not a fan of de-platforming, but there is equally a serious issue with the likes of Parler and Gab. I'm probably a little right leaning myself (but somewhat of a floating voter) but the stuff on those two platforms isn't far off what you'd find on white supremacy forums. It's got very little to do with traditional conservative values and ideologies. It's mostly just hate.

I think some providers have acted a little hastily and perhaps they should have been given a little more time, but they did urgently nerd to review their moderation policies.
I believe Parler had 7 million users. So pulling up a couple of examples is not really representative. It’s kind of like ignoring 4,000 riots and then complaining about the 4,001st.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back