IT.COM

A NEW AGE: BRIDGING CREATIVITY, DOMAIN INVESTING AND SUCCESS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WNC HOLDINGS

wnc.holdingsEstablished Member
Impact
A NEW AGE: BRIDGING CREATIVITY, DOMAIN INVESTING AND SUCCESS

Many of us are familiar with some of the most notable success stories in the realm of domain investing. Some of us find inspiration in how certain investors have gone years without seeing a profit before securing that one major sale that snowballed into others. It’s this very narrative that many investors leverage when providing sage advice to “newbies” about how domain investing is “hard work” and “isn’t for the faint of heart”.

By now, most of the domain investing world has sown into, and adopted, the idea that "domain investing success takes years", ".com will forever be king", "shorter is better" and "there are key metrics that dictate whether a domain has ANY value". This ideology is often endorsed by individuals that have been domain investing for a decade or more. Therefore, it’s fair to say the present domain investing culture is one they’ve helped facilitate in many ways.

As a new domain investing climate emerges, we’re seeing many seasoned investors doubling down on their views; and echoing their truth that "1-5 character .coms are the pinnacle of all domains”. It’s often implied that most alternative extensions are “worthless”; and any alternative naming systems/concepts stand no chance of mass-adoption. It seems this would make domain investing a static-pursuit at this point. Or is it really?

Whether many investors choose to acknowledge it or not, "now is the time of the creative”. There has never been a more lucrative time to be a polymath, embrace variety and experiment with different concepts and offerings. Now is the time to leverage creativity to sculpt narrative and build value. Especially considering the sheer number of ICANN gtlds and blockchain TLDs/SLDs that are poised to exist very soon.

In closing, it’s worth noting there’s more “flavor” coming into the domain investing sector. As with most things, there may be pushback on anything that appears to challenge the status quo of how the domain investing world "should" work. This isn’t to suggest the guidance of elder domain investors shouldn’t be heeded. It’s simply to say there will soon be new investors that will bridge a fresh perspective and creative approach with their accelerated success.

Share your constructive thoughts below.

WNC HOLDINGS

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Owning at tm, copyright, patent or whatever you have read about in some magazines has little to do with IP, regarding the case you brought up.

In case you failed to read between the lines, I'm not primarily a .com investor but I do endorse the '.com is king ' statement. There's no data showing otherwise.

Again, thank you guys (other chrisses?) for the invite but I'll pass.

We read between the lines rather well. Both sides can likely agree “IP philosophy and interpretation” is a subject worthy of a separate thread/forum. Both sides could also agree that determining what constitutes IP requires a broad consideration of various creative dynamics, variables, standards and viewpoints.

Our team definitely believes in the value of written-information. Especially considering our contributions to printed publications in the past. However, we speak from a place of experience. Not from a place of bias and misinterpretation. We believe “experience is a validator of viewpoint”; and we value accuracy.

In closing, you referenced other “Chrisses”. I’m merely the admin for this particular account; and I’ve been entrusted with conveying viewpoints that align with the values of our team and initiative in the domain investing sector. “Bull crap” and all, “we literally means we”. #not your average holdings company

•••
However, we speak from a place of experience. Not from a place of bias and misinterpretation. We believe “experience is a validator of viewpoint”; and we value accuracy.

When you're speaking from experience you cannot escape being biased as your experience is anecdotal, not supported by facts. There's no room for accuracy at all.

In closing, you referenced other “Chrisses”. I’m merely the admin for this particular account; and I’ve been entrusted with conveying viewpoints that align with the values of our team and initiative in the domain investing sector. “Bull crap” and all, “we literally means we”. #not your average holdings company

Cool. Ready to meet the team.

•••
I'm getting déjà vu

:oldman:
TOTALLY👍👍👍👍

Im seeing Spam!🤔

Over and over the same full dictionary post, 😂trying and wanting to get everyone to agree with him.

How have did we let this become another thread🤔
I blame myself and others for feeding this guys post count and replies. He always baits and I know some of you see it. He starts with greetings, ends with questions….Typical for a paid thread service, engage engage engage, stir the pot get them involved.

🫡

•••
TOTALLY👍👍👍👍

Im seeing Spam!🤔

Over and over the same full dictionary post, 😂trying and wanting to get everyone to agree with him.

I blame myself and others for feeding this guys post count and replies. He always baits and I know some of you see it. He starts with greetings, ends with questions….Typical for a paid thread service, engage engage engage, stir the pot get them involved.
TOTALLY👍👍👍👍

Im seeing Spam!🤔

🫡
Paid thread service? If only…Just know our greetings and well wishes are most genuine. We don’t “expect” any question we pose to be answered. We’re truly grateful to those who do reply though. Even if they downvote by default.

•••
Paid thread service? If only…Just know our greetings and well wishes are most genuine. We don’t “expect” any question we pose to be answered. We’re truly grateful to those who do reply though. Even if they downvote by default.
The way you broadcast yourself is so cardboard and off-putting. Stop the "hope all is well", and the other pitch perfect, corporate lingo, sarcastic crap...if you care about your time in the community. Its rubbing people the wrong way

Last edited:
•••
The way you broadcast yourself is so cardboard and off-putting. Stop the "hope all is well", and the other pitch perfect, corporate lingo, sarcastic crap...if you care about your time in the community. Its rubbing people the wrong way
Thank you. Your interpretation has been noted. Your viewpoint is valued.

•••

I couldn't agree more.

@WNC HOLDINGS I can't deny that you're trying to stay professional as much as possible and I respect that.

However, you sound like a robot-like representative from one of those multi-billion companies. At their scale, they seem all pretty much disconnected from our reality.

In your case, you would gain more credibility and increase your chances of having real constructive dialogues by just being yourself.

Untight the screw a little bit and you will see positive results in every single aspect of your business.

•••
It can be tough for someone just coming into NP, especially with preconceived notions on the general pulse of the community. If you're willing to refine your interactions, that's great.. but generally this is a tough crowd to deal with and wrapping some armour around yourself in the beginning may make a bit of sense.

I appreciate @WNC HOLDINGS contributions thus far.

•••
ai writing tool used here?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back