Dynadot

6n.com's said: Average price will be $2500 in 2016 Frank Shilling says

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Did you see what Frank Shilling said about 6n.com on Sherpa show Not sure if you saw this.
http://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20160118/#video

Frank mentions average 6n.com price will be $2,500, he mentions it at the 16 min 40 second on the show.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
4s don't cause cancer. They merely cause lower prices than the other numbers. So yes, if names with a four and no pattern rises then all boats move up. And yes it is moving up. But 4s are still the runts of the numbers world. They still suck comparatively

Your 100% correct on that Shane. Like you, I own many premium 6n but I am not trying to sell those. It reminds me of the llll.com (with v") , couldn't get my mom to take one of those for free, and than the Chinese starting offering me $250 for them(lol) Should be a great year in 2016!

•••
How on earth do you get that on Namejet? They wouldn't take 989808 or 876768 (both com) from me.

It took a long time to get on Namejet, just follow-up. I was lucky because I knew Matt Overman from domain conferences who used to work there, but if you got good names like you do, they will find you, but you need to keep pushing, following up.

•••
How on earth do you get that on Namejet? They wouldn't take 989808 or 876768 (both com) from me.

These are not at eNom, thats why.:)

Not looking to sell anything until end of February, i'm just too curious how the market will change.

•••
I'll let chaomi do the talking:
http://www.chaomi.cc/ym/13/1

The floor is flying and could be testing the October highs of 1800 RMB before Chinese New Year at this rate.
Incredible stuff!

Last edited:
•••
With an avg price of $2500 that would make the portfolio of 6N.com worth $2.5billion!!
Don't see it happening this fast.
The avg 5N.com is not even at $2500 yet!
I think it was a typo or something and he meant to say the avg for 6N.com would be $250 not $2500.

The avg for 6N.com could easily be $250 very soon, but getting to $2500 isn't going to happen in 2016.

•••
With an avg price of $2500 that would make the portfolio of 6N.com worth $2.5billion!!
Don't see it happening this fast.
The avg 5N.com is not even at $2500 yet!
I think it was a typo or something and he meant to say the avg for 6N.com would be $250 not $2500.

It got lost in translation. He was talking about the average price of 6N selling on his platform. If you think about it that makes sense. They'll have only the better patterns listed on there with inquiry status. He was also speaking before the launch of their marketplace so I would expect that average to decrease over time, unless the whole 6N market explodes and it actually becomes the average price across the board (not likely imo).

•••
If the better pattern 6N reach $2500, then the 0 and 4 will be pulled up to avg $250 across the 6N portfolio.

I'm trying to find a correlation between numeric portfolios like: should the avg 5N be worth 10x the avg 6N due to them being 10x rarer?
Is the avg 4N 100x more valuable than the avg 6N? Will these averages equal out in some way?
Is there any relations between 4N, 5N, and 6N values??? Can anyone on here figure this out?
I don't want to hijack this 6N thread so I think I will start a thread that asks these questions.

•••
If the better pattern 6N reach $2500, then the 0 and 4 will be pulled up to avg $250 across the 6N portfolio.

I'm trying to find a correlation between numeric portfolios like: should the avg 5N be worth 10x the avg 6N due to them being 10x rarer?
Is the avg 4N 100x more valuable than the avg 6N? Will these averages equal out in some way?
Is there any relations between 4N, 5N, and 6N values??? Can anyone on here figure this out?
I don't want to hijack this 6N thread so I think I will start a thread that asks these questions.

You should bear in mind that the gap between good patterns and bad is widening and has been for some time. Good sales for patterned 6N generally don't do much for the floor price of 0 4 6N.

•••
As the span of numbers expands, I wouldn't count on any kind of "floor" as it becomes less about length and more about content.

There become less reason to own a random 304726 when you could pick a far better 6882379 just by going a digit more.

•••
•••
Back