NameSilo

60 days no sale

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by Domain Monk, Dec 14, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Domain Monk

Domain Monk Mindful Domaining VIP

How do you react to this situation and , what steps would you take to accelerate sales

Current portfolio 2.5k .coms mix of closeout and hand reg

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Hemanttilotia

Hemanttilotia Established Member

It's better to approach companies then. Those who own similar domains, upgrades,companies coming in search results etc.
    This will decrease the value of your domains but you will have cash. Try asking under $5K, most deals will happen around $1500-2000.
    LinkedIn, hunter are good tools to reach management people and offer your domains.
    You can try namejet too or liquidation platforms.
    Good luck

3. Furquah

Furquah Brand Ambassador INDIA Epik.com Staff VIP

I will carefully review every domain in my portfolio. I will ask myself why none of them sold.

4. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

For me personally 60 days without a sale wouldn't worry me atall as I only have 50ish domains but with 2.5K names I would have to review my strategies whether that's my buying strategy or my selling (and probably a mix of the two).

There's no shame in letting names go if your opinion of them has changed since you acquired them. It's all a big learning curve even if you've been in the game for years.

Obviously there are other reasons you may not be selling names such as the current pandemic so you have to take things out of your control into account too.

5. Mekason

Mekason Established Member

No sales might not mean no offers. 2.5k portfolio is a good number. I guess maybe you value your names significantly different from what the 'market' values them to be. *might need a price review IMO

6. Pairadice

Pairadice Established Member

Whatever avenue might have been working before may have been closed off. Check the other thread about afternic possible algorithm changes, and there's also been some kind of google algo update. Have you received offers during this time, are you using brokers, and if so, which ones?

7. Timelapse

Timelapse Established Member

2.5k names with zero sales in 60 days is worrisome compared to others successful sales reports;
    have you tried different platforms

8. johnn

johnn WeSellName.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Make sure ALL THE NAMES are listed at all venues.
    You will be surprised how many names will be missing as some Market Places will remove your name from the listing as soon as it's expired AND

Pray. It works for me all the time.

9. twiki

twiki Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

10. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If over 1,000 of that list are considered premium then you need to list in as many marketplaces as possible, but if majority of the domains in that 2.5k are like InternetOnlineWebShoppingMall.com then without a sale in 60 days is justified.

11. du6262

du6262 Established Member

• Try putting domain names on different platforms
      • No trade for more than 60 days is normal in China
        good luck

12. mani0307

mani0307 Top Contributor VIP

Same here my last enduser sale was on september

13. gericsb

gericsb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I have seen some other threads discuss sell through rates.

Typical in this industry seems to be roughly 1%, although your pricing and domain quality can affect this significantly.

Using your 2500 names at 1% annual sell through rate is 25 sales per year or roughly 2 per month.

I wouldnt worry yoo much yet unless yoy need the cash flow.

You may make 3 sales next month and be closer to your average.

Just a ballpark guess

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  14. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

60 days no sale

Hi
    to the question above, 60 days without a sale ain't :poop: it's like having your name on 60 lock after registering

however, if you have 2.5k names and they are mix of what you say below. then perhaps a portfolio evaluation is in order.
    perhaps you should post a few of your best names, so we can get idea of your holdings
    also, are you domains pointed to ppc pages or sales landers with no ads?

imo...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice