NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
No coupon needed. Enjoy!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@saucey Never changed the default. Paid in USD. I guess the purpose of the registrar is to get the money equivalent to their own currency, regardless of the country/currency.

I never bothered to change currency in other registrars eg godaddy, namesilo, namecheap etc. Has worked for me till now. Are you sure your country is not imposing additional taxes over and above the purchase ? If that is the case then I do not think dynadot is at fault at all.

•••
@saucey Never changed the default. Paid in USD. I guess the purpose of the registrar is to get the money equivalent to their own currency, regardless of the country/currency.

I never bothered to change currency in other registrars eg godaddy, namesilo, namecheap etc. Has worked for me till now. Are you sure your country is not imposing additional taxes over and above the purchase ? If that is the case then I do not think dynadot is at fault at all.

Yup. 100% sure!

It is what is....

•••
Why are you only offering sale price to US residents? Or, at least to US currency transactions ....

$6.99 US equals $8.93 Canadian... yet to register a .com in Canadian dollars you’re charging your customers $9.99 Canadian !!!!!!! WHAT A RIP OFF!!!

Why the bias? Seems unfair that you would give preferential treatment to US based customers... or for people who are able to pay in US currency. As opposed to discounting it for your ENTIRE customer base.

I have several hundred domains listed and bought through Dynadot, and although you guys aren’t perfect, the service has been pretty good so far...

This BLATANT BIAS TOWARDS U.S. RESIDENTS is rather unimpressive.

To all the US citizens on here I congratulate you all and wish you all the best with your registrations but I think it’s a poor move on Dynadot’s part to exclude the rest of the planet from this sale.

Regards.....

Seems a bit dramatic.

Nobody likes taking payment in currencies they have no use for. Dynadot do business in USD and pay Verisign in USD too. Prices in CAD and GBP will never be pegged against the live exchange rate. It’s too much of a headache because it will constantly change. Customers wishing to pay in those currencies are likely accustomed to paying more to do so.

As a Dynadot customer outside of the US I’d rather pay the USD price and use USD funds I have earned on account, held at PayPal, or a prepay credit card that supports holding funds in USD as well as my local currency, furthermore offering me the ability to convert between currencies at near live exchange rates. :)

•••
***NOTE**** I get “bulk discount” prices w/ Dynadot... average person will be charged $12.99 cad funds if paying in Canadian currency. Which is equal to $10.17US!!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back