IT.COM

discuss 5L Waste of Money or Investment ?

NameSilo
Watch

Suraj Soni

Established Member
Impact
Hi

at one time everyone was eager to purchase as much 5l as possible but now it seems like they are loosing market. even 4L domain price has been reduced.

Do you think 5L price will go up in the future or it was just waste of money.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
too early to tell. also 4L.com Chinese premiums havent decreased they have basically levelled out at around 2k right now which is expected after a huge rise. Noone knows what the future holds

•••
I reg'd about 125 5L Chip's in November, most western letters too... I just sold for one through GoDaddy's inquiry system for $1,450. GD has the money, but the buyer is clearly an end user and they want to wait for the 60 day registrar lock so I can move the name to GD for them. Anyway... I had about $1,150 into them with reg fees, so they're all covered for the year on the 1 sale. (They started @ $500... I said $2k ... and we later arrived at $1,450. I could have maybe gotten more, but I was satisfied to pay off the entire 1 year investment on them all from the 1 name sale.)

Anyway... Definitely to be on the better side and do western and chip combos -- And particularly letters that leave the door open to a lot of end users. Then you've got both the investor angle and the end user angel covered.

... And always watch for random offers like this one was. I've had plenty of things like this come from random emails most people probably discard.

•••
was this one without aeiouv or a brandable one?

•••
•••
nice sale. did it have a certain pattern to it?

•••
•••
Reg'd later in November, so not an amazing pattern. :) But 3 different letters only.

Thanks for the info. congrats on the sale!

•••
Congrats for the sale, any input for original post.

•••
Congrats for the sale, any input for original post.

That was input for the original post ... namely I do not think they are a waste of money. ;)

•••
i dont think any future for 5l.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back