Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiletalk

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I have the domain 500 (.) co (.) uk

For people who are not aware, .co.uk domain industry is not as good as .com or even .xyz which is seeing a lot of good sales.

Let me know your thoughts on this name and whether I should start out bounding (I see there are some companies with word+500 in google but none I see that would jump at the opportunity to purchase).

Otherwise, any ideas as to what I could use the name for?

My initial plan was to use the name to produce fixed price house designs for £500 but thats abit out of the way now.

Edit 1: A option that just came to mind is a website dedicated to Fiat 500 cars! May be post a daily picture of the cars?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not sure numerics sell in the .uk extension. Since you said there are people you can pitch it to, why not try your luck? There is nothing to lose.

•••
•••
I remember you showed this one before. Its a nice domain. I wouldn't put a BIN against it, take offers. See what comes your way. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Numerical UK names are a hard sell. Having said that I like it. Low to mid xxx reseller and maybe low xxxx to enduser.

•••
Agreed with @D Haynes.

Considering making a site instead for this reason but then it means investing a lot of time with no guaranteed return!

•••
A quick google shows the number being used in quite a few ways but you're right about the risk factor of making your own business from it.

A couple possible end users...

scotwest.co.uk
500restaurant.co.uk

•••
Might cold pitch it to the big company 500apps dot com that's also having 500mail dot com ( I can't post links for some reason)

Most likely an ideal domain for them to have for a redirect, since they work international

Last edited:
•••
A quick google shows the number being used in quite a few ways but you're right about the risk factor of making your own business from it.

A couple possible end users...

scotwest.co.uk
500restaurant.co.uk

Sorry, why scotwest? is it because of their fast £500 loan scheme?

cold pitching is an art in itself! worth a try but probably not interested in country specific domains as .com is, was and will always be king

•••

cold pitching is an art in itself! worth a try but probably not interested in country specific domains as .com is, was and will always be king
Yup. Google 500 and they're first page or 2 (cant remember).

•••

You never know! larger companies like that have very different processes and frameworks to implement some temporary sales or marketing strategies. Even for local targets, in this case the UK.

I met plenty of companies buying domains for those specific reasons to build landingpages on it, drive CPC traffic on it in specific Geos.
Not to forget that 500.co is also one of them. they work local and global and have everything country specific too i believe

Last edited:
•••
Unless its numbers like 4.co.uk etc these names dont sell well.

I don't see much value most companies in the UK dont use numbers.

•••
Unless its numbers like 4.co.uk etc these names dont sell well.

I don't see much value most companies in the UK dont use numbers.
They don't sell well but a good one like that isn't worthless

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back