Dynadot

$50 Paypal Logo Contest - Liquid Voltage, Inc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

My name's Kyle, and my partner posted this logo contest here:

http://www.namepros.com/design-contests/232883-50-paypal-logo-contest.html

I'm extremely happy with the work you guys turned out, so I'm interested in holding a contest for my own personal company. The name of the company is Liquid Voltage, Inc. I'm looking for something with a blue tone to it, with a techie feel. Something clean and simple, and something that scales down nicely for business cards and letter heads.

All PSDs and fonts are required, thumbnails/full sizes are appreciated.

My business is a consulting firm, leaning towards financial investments.

The winner of the other thread is here:

ev3ta8.gif

I absolutely love this image for E.V. Investments, LLC. I want something as clean as this but going in a different direction (obviously don't want to rip off my other company's logo!).

The contest will run until Monday, September 10th at midnight PST, where I'll pick out a winner if I see one I like and pay via Paypal. I'll update the thread with my thoughts and suggestions as I see replies. Good luck!

EDIT: I may also seek web design help for a basic layout for my company's page AND my personal page, so the winner of this contest will likely hear from me with regards to a possible web design contract. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
kyleb: Any feedback for my entries ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
removed

Last edited:
•••
Editing and will post new one today...

Last edited:
•••
Hi kleb,

Thanks for the feedback!

08c69e35d4.jpg

Feedback appreciated :)

•••
I only saw yours and beatz unwatermarked. Although that is, and will be, taken care of.

Just for the record - i already *have* updated my entries with watermarks and *prior* to the quoted comment.

So in my case i don't think there is anything that has "to be taken care of".

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
would be sending more samples by tomorrow.

•••
•••
Removed designs since contest ended on the 10th. Congrats to whomever won!

Last edited:
•••
!!!

have left the drops and votlage bolts totally !!!!!!

letters L & V

removed .........................lol

Last edited:
•••
Removed didn't realize the contest was over on the 10th and I posted modified versions on the 11th. Congrats to whomever won!

Last edited:
•••
I was just curious who won this contest? Anyone know?

•••
Who won the contest? I can't see it posted...

•••
scopeweb said:
Who won the contest? I can't see it posted...

It wasn't posted, yet. But according to the contest holder's first post contest ended midnight September 10, 2006:

kyleb said:
Hello all!

My name's Kyle, and my partner posted this logo contest here:

http://www.namepros.com/design-contests/232883-50-paypal-logo-contest.html

I'm extremely happy with the work you guys turned out, so I'm interested in holding a contest for my own personal company. The name of the company is Liquid Voltage, Inc. I'm looking for something with a blue tone to it, with a techie feel. Something clean and simple, and something that scales down nicely for business cards and letter heads.

All PSDs and fonts are required, thumbnails/full sizes are appreciated.

My business is a consulting firm, leaning towards financial investments.

The winner of the other thread is here:

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7705/ev3ta8.gif

I absolutely love this image for E.V. Investments, LLC. I want something as clean as this but going in a different direction (obviously don't want to rip off my other company's logo!).

The contest will run until Monday, September 10th at midnight PST, where I'll pick out a winner if I see one I like and pay via Paypal. I'll update the thread with my thoughts and suggestions as I see replies. Good luck!

EDIT: I may also seek web design help for a basic layout for my company's page AND my personal page, so the winner of this contest will likely hear from me with regards to a possible web design contract. :)

I suppose the winner will be announced soon or contest extended or just ended without a winner. Best to all.

•••
Ah, sorry all! I meant it to end on Wednesday since I've been busy. But I'll review them and announce the winner for sure.

Thanks again! :)

•••
And the winner is...

beatz! :sold:

Yeah, I know, he won the last one too. But it came down to it and I chose:

liquidwater3us8.gif

beatz, please PM me with Paypal details and your email address to get the PDF and all relevant files. If you could, please include two sets of images with Liquid Voltage and Liquid Voltage, Inc. as the text on the logos.

Good work everyone, and sorry about the late responses! I have a few more ideas in the future that I may bring forth.

•••
•••
Fishy contest.
But it came down to it and I chose:
then why wouldn't you choose the design that you are the biggest fan of post #36:

kyleb said:
I am currently the biggest fan of:

lv1uj0.png

But please keep them coming! I'll keep reviewing them, but providing individual commentary is a bit tough!

Overall, I'd say I'm looking for something more professional-looking and cleaner cut than the gist of what I'm seeing - less gaudy colors and more sharp edges, single or two-color designs.

...which is on the same page as the design you chose as the winner (post #44)? Strange behavior.

Nevertheless, *~*~*~* CONGRATS, BEATZ!!! *~*~*~* Nice work! He needs to hire you (contract or employee) instead of abusing you since you're design was the REAL design he was the biggest fan of. Don't let him short change you.

Last edited:
•••
hmmm,strange contest... :alien:

congrats beatz.

•••
dzynd4u said:
...which is on the same page as the design you chose as the winner (post #44)? Strange behavior.

Can I not change my mind on this board? I asked several colleagues for input and decided on that entry. Just because you PM'd me and withdrew from the competition because you disliked my rules and tastes doesn't mean you have to slander me on the boards.

I'll have you know that beatz will be paid promptly and offered a chance to do web design layouts/templates for me.

It looks as though I'll have to check out other forums for logo design if the members here are going to be catty and ridiculous to actual paying customers like myself. Moderators may want to crack down on this type of behavior; it is quite unbecoming on your normally excellent board.

•••
•••
Congrats on your win, Beatz!

Side note: I don't think anyone is being catty, though I apologize for it if that is how it's coming through to you. However, timely and frequent feedback would have been appreciated for ALL the designers so we would know how to improve upon or scratch our designs and try other concepts for you. And that is true for any forum you decide to hold a contest at.

Respectfully,

•••
kyleb said:
Can I not change my mind on this board? I asked several colleagues for input and decided on that entry. Just because you PM'd me and withdrew from the competition because you disliked my rules and tastes doesn't mean you have to slander me on the boards.

I'll have you know that beatz will be paid promptly and offered a chance to do web design layouts/templates for me.

It looks as though I'll have to check out other forums for logo design if the members here are going to be catty and ridiculous to actual paying customers like myself. Moderators may want to crack down on this type of behavior; it is quite unbecoming on your normally excellent board.

Slander Kyle? Oh come on, you're kidding right?! Please tell me you're kidding. lol. Change your mind? You can do as you please and as you have done. But yes your entire actions throughout this contest are beyond strange.

And Kyle since you want to bring up my pm to you publicly, I will address you publicly. I'm sure you won't mind since you've made it a public issue. I didn't withdraw from the contest because I disliked your rules and tastes. Especially when I liked ALL of the designs posted by everyone. So in regards to taste, how is disliking them possible? lol. Your rules? We won't get there as I don't want you to think I'm slandering you.

Another note, don't lie. I was specific why I withdrew. Let me refresh your memory. I didn't like the fact that you didn't give any feedback and then made a contradictory/confusing post without clarification that you didn't address to anyone on the board. Get it straight. What I typed to you in pm was VERY simple. It's not my fault you got it twisted. Your taste was not even close to why I withdrew and you know that. So don't post on here lying. It wears down even more on your reputation.

Going to other boards and you'll run into the same problem again if you take the same course of action there as you did here. And you'll keep running into it until you learn. Moderators may want to crack down on contest holders who are too lazy to leave feedback. You're too lazy to post feedback, but you'd spend your time posting the above. Strange. Strange behavior. All anyone wanted was feedback to help you get a design that's "perfect" for you and because they want the money - that's the moral: feedback/constructive feedback. Do you see it now? For your sake, I hope you get at least that much.

If you still think that's slander, caddy and ridiculous... you know what? No further comment. I hope you got the "gist" of what the real issue is. But don't lie. Don't ever do that again moreso for your sake than mine.

Last edited:
•••
Just a word of caution to all the designers who work on this forum, and in the light of this competion, Make sure you watermark your images. Need I say anymore...

•••
First of all thanks to Kyle for choosing my design !

Also thanks all others :)

As for the comments above:

Though for me it came as a surprise as well that my design was chosen it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the CH conducting his contest let alone the contest being "fishy".

And no, i'm not saying this because my design was chosen.

A CH has the right to change their mind about what design they like most as long as a winner hasn't been announced yet - sometimes it's not even them who might change their mind but other people that are involved or play an important role in the decision making process.

Note that the CH's exact comment was " I am currently the biggest fan of " - "currently" means "at the moment", and just that.

I can understand the dissapointment when a design you thought would definately win in the end doesn't go through as exactly that has happened to me numerous times in the past but that doesn't mean you design was bad - in fact it might even have been better than the winning design but that doesn't change the fact it's the CH's decision for whatever reason they choose and only theirs and one has to be capable to accept that.Period.

Btw remember, a CH is a paying client and one reason amongst others why clients like to work with certain designers (i mean in general and in "real world" business) sometimes is not even the designers design capabilities in the first place but because of the harmony and professionalism between client and designer.

Quite some designers that i know in my area make a living not because their designs are that great really but because they know how to talk with their clients and how to treat them - friendly and professionally.

And i don't see a reason why a CH should not be treated with respect and professionalism equally like a "normal" client as long as they don't violate any major rules or ask for outrageous things which Kyle certainly hasn't done.

So in my view criticism is perfectly ok but it's the wording that matters.

And to say a contest is "fishy" just because the design you thought would win was not chosen is disrespectful - may i say it's disrespectful and unprofessional to the winning designer as well because it implies the winning designer was involved in any kind of "fishy" action which superfluos to say wasn't the case.

Again - i'm not saying this because i won, but because i believe in treating clients in a respectful manner..call it work ethics.

Back to topic:

Thanks again Kyle, PM sent.

:)

Last edited:
•••
beatz said:
...because it implies the winning designer was involved in any kind of "fishy" action...
:)

Funny you were the only one to mention this. Nobody said anything about you being involved yet you bring it up. Why? Again nobody said you were. It's like you are trying to cover up tracks that aren't even there.

Anyway, you did excellent, Beatz! And again, I say congrats! Those comments were not towards you, so, why you felt the need to defend yourself while defending K is beyond me. All I said to you was congrats and to have him hire you on contract...

Seriously, I knew immediately while reading K's first post who was going to win (if you chose to participate - which I knew you would). It was like a secret hidden code that only a few might see LOL!

"Listen to and embrace The Whisper and you will know how to respond accordingly." -Anonymous

What he wrote was a huge giveaway, but I ignored the inner voice and participated anyway.

Hey, we are all still winners though (everyone had excellent designs). Congrats to all who participated! You were just the only one that received the prize K was rewarding :). And good for you! Kudos for you! :)

Though my post may appear to be entertaining :hehe: , I'm happy for you.

Tootles!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back