IT.COM

$4.00 .COM registration and transfer at IONOS (Promo expired)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aelko

.COM promos at tldes.comTop Member
Impact
upload_2021-3-19_3-6-32.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't use their regular support, it is mostly for webhosting quests.
You can activate your personal manager in 1and1 panel.
Or contact their Solutions department: solutions AT ionos.com

Last edited:
•••
Clearly say that this domain was automatically locked by their system after your transfer to 1and1.
And as displayed in panel - you may contact their team to disable this lock (to opt-out in other words).

I said the same thing in my reply to them but it seems they are not reading the emails properly.

I will try once again. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Say that you want to move it to another 1and1 customer.
I had such case, and was understood by Solutions team from my 1st email (lock was disabled).

Last edited:
•••
•••
Say that you want to move it to another 1and1 customer.
I had such case, and was understood by Solutions team from my 1st email (lock was disabled).

It is ICANN recommended policy.
Opt-in by default.

Thanks Jurgen , I managed to get it unlocked via chat. It seems that chat is not always online . I did not have to explain too much, they just did it after verifying a few thigs.

Thanks again, you were very helpful!

•••
Thanks Jurgen , I managed to get it unlocked via chat. It seems that chat is not always online . I did not have to explain too much, they just did it after verifying a few thigs.

Thanks again, you were very helpful!

man, maybe i should have moved some of my domains to ionos after all :(

•••
•••
Clearly say that this domain was automatically locked by their system after your transfer to 1and1.
And as displayed in the panel - you may contact their team to disable this lock (to opt-out in other words).

u should know better... nobody can disable names b4 60day transfer lock over.

•••
Has anyone here transferred a domain out of Ionos within 60 days of transferring into Ionos ?

I need to transfer out a domain from Ionos which they say is under 60 days lock period as it was transferred into Ionos in March.

Also, are you able to you push the domain to another acccount within 60 days ? From what i have gathered you can't do that either until 60 days are over?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

dont waste yer time. u can never disable it b4 60 days.

also ionos does not allow account push. it's more like transfer. this means u cannot push b4 60 days either

•••
man, maybe i should have moved some of my domains to ionos after all :(
I was ready to pull the trigger, but got distracted. Not worth opening an account for 1 name @ 1.00
So were both in the same boat. Lucky us :xf.rolleyes:

•••
how long you held domains at ionos for? how has your experience been?
As long as needed.
Strange question. I don't fear 1and1, their customer since 2009.

Last edited:
•••
u should know better... nobody can disable names b4 60day transfer lock over.
I successfully disabled this timer and unlocked my domain before 60 days after previous transfer.

•••
I successfully disabled this timer and unlocked my domain before 60 days after previous transfer.

did you transfer it to a different registrar or the registrar that from which it was transferred to IONOS because i am speaking to IONOS right now and they say they will only unlock the domain if you transfer it back to the registrar from which it was transferred to IONOS?

•••
I unlocked it and then moved it to another IONOS customer. Internal transfer, 1 year was added.
Transfer to another registrar was impossible due to Afilias (serverTransferProhibited for 60 days).

Last edited:
•••
I unlocked it and then moved it to another IONOS customer. Internal transfer, 1 year was added.
Transfer to another registrar was impossible due to Afilias (serverTransferProhibited for 60 days).

yep, okay, that is what i thought. IONOS chooses to lock it and prevent you from transferring out within 60 days of transferring to IONOS. thank you

•••
yep, okay, that is what i thought. IONOS chooses to lock it and prevent you from transferring out within 60 days of transferring to IONOS. thank you
No.
In my own case with Afilias TLD were 2 (TWO) 60 day locks simultaneously: one by IONOS, and 2nd was applied by Registry.
I asked IONOS - and they disabled it. So then I freely transferred this domain to another IONOS customer.
External transfer was fully impossible in my case, and it is NOT related to IONOS.

Last edited:
•••
No.
In my own case with Afilias TLD were 2 (TWO) 60 day locks simultaneously: one by IONOS, and 2nd was applied by Registry.
I asked IONOS - and they disabled it. So then I freely transferred this domain to another IONOS customer.
External transfer was fully impossible in my case, and it is NOT related to IONOS.

okay, because i am speaking to IONOS right now and IONOS claims that its IONOS' policy that they will not allow one to unlock a domain (to transfer it to any registrar that is not the registrar from which it was transferred to IONOS) within 60 days of transferring that domain to IONOS -- which seems to contradict what you are saying

•••
I use their Solutions department for years.
All my quests were solved there, including opt-out from 60 day lock.
And not their fault if domain is locked by Registry, they control only their own locks.

•••
I use their Solutions department for years.
All my quests were solved there, including opt-out from 60 day lock.
And not their fault if domain is locked by Registry, they control only their own locks.

but you claim to be doing stuff that they claim they do not allow or do not do. so im going to believe IONOS when it comes to what IONOS policy is.

IONOS, from every experience i have had with them (and the experiences others have had with them), is a blackhole of time and money.

•••
I claim from my 11.5 years experience with IONOS, and also from my experince with their TOP-tier support.
5,XXX domains were regged/transferred there by me.

Do what you want.
For me it is one of my daily registrars.

Last edited:
•••
I claim from my 11.5 years experience with IONOS, and also from my experince with their TOP-tier support.
5,XXX domains were regged/transferred there by me.

Do what you want.
For me it is one of my daily registrars.

well, there is a chance you are getting special treatment due to your history with them compared to other customers and potential customers of IONOS like myself and others whove encountered many issues with them over the years

•••
No any specials, I had the same care even 10 years ago.

•••
well, there is a chance you are getting special treatment due to your history with them compared to other customers and potential customers of IONOS like myself and others whove encountered many issues with them over the years
i have some names at ionos.com with no problems. most of my dealings are with ionos.ca, also no problems. btw ionos.ca does me a great deal on .org...$3.00 USD. can't beat that.

•••
i have some names at ionos.com with no problems. most of my dealings are with ionos.ca, also no problems. btw ionos.ca does me a great deal on .org...$3.00 USD. can't beat that.

$3 for transfers/renewals/regs or?

•••
$3 for transfers/renewals/regs or?
only tried regs so far. at $20 USD renewal anything that is kept is transferred out after 1 year.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back