Dynadot

discuss 3D Showcase, Discussion, and Confirmed Sales Sightings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just curios how the market is for these domains right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually you sold it to me

aah, thats right, I have a let a few .us names expire lately, just thought that was one of them...good luck

•••
**BREAKING NEWS**

3D.com delivers an amazing pitch for its domain name
"Back in July, Mike Berkens of The Domains wrote a story entitled The Next BIG Thing Is 3D: Who Owns Best Domains? The story examined who owned some of the best 3D domain names. In his article, Mike Berkens says the 5 Star domain in the 3D space is 3D.com, which at the time of the story was parked at Network Solutions.

That has changed.

3D.com is no longer parked and now delivers an amazing presentation as to why companies should combine 3D.com with their marketing programs. "

http://fusible.com/2010/11/3d-com-delivers-an-amazing-pitch-for-its-domain-name/

•••
repped for this interesting info

•••
Thats site has been up for a while now

•••
**BREAKING NEWS**

"Back in July, Mike Berkens of The Domains wrote a story entitled The Next BIG Thing Is 3D: Who Owns Best Domains? The story examined who owned some of the best 3D domain names. In his article, Mike Berkens says the 5 Star domain in the 3D space is 3D.com, which at the time of the story was parked at Network Solutions.

That has changed.

3D.com is no longer parked and now delivers an amazing presentation as to why companies should combine 3D.com with their marketing programs. "

http://fusible.com/2010/11/3d-com-delivers-an-amazing-pitch-for-its-domain-name/

Interesting News

•••
**BREAKING NEWS**

[/url]

Thats pretty smart, how many millions do you think he's asking for 3D.com ?

You should try something like that on your 3Dchannel.com Giles, at least when people make contact you will have a better idea of who you are dealing with, that's an AMAZING domain.

Sooner or later there will be a dedicated channel specifically just for 3d and you've got the PEACH right there IMHO :lala:

..a little bit of inspiration :)
www.sky.com/shop/tv/3d/

•••
Thanks Gazzip, I have been looking for something to put on that domain, been so busy with other stuff though

•••
I'm personally not into buying 3d domains (although I thought about it, saw available names then that aren't available now >_<) but this is awesome news :)

It's nice how you invest in a certain type of market and that market, sooner or later, blooms out giving much value to what you've invested in.

Wishing 3d investors much of luck. Special mention to giles and 3ddomainnames considering how you both are the ones prominent in promoting those 3d domain names in the forums as far as my eyes could notice :P

•••
I'm personally not into buying 3d domains (although I thought about it, saw available names then that aren't available now >_<) but this is awesome news

It's nice how you invest in a certain type of market and that market, sooner or later, blooms out giving much value to what you've invested in.

Wishing 3d investors much of luck. Special mention to giles and 3ddomainnames considering how you both are the ones prominent in promoting those 3d domain names in the forums as far as my eyes could notice

Thanks for the nice words Kotan, I hope we all benefit. I have always been one to take a chance and see if anything comes of it. I think I grabbed my first 3D domain in 2005/2006 and then started collecting a few more over the years. We'll just have to wait and see.

Nice to get someone on here who doesn't invest in 3D names themselves, that actually has something positive and encouraging to say.

Good luck to you too mate

•••
EUROPE3D.COM - $2500 - Sedo

•••
MORE Good Pub For The Revolution:

3D domains becoming a hot trend: Have you started buying?

"When it comes to 3D, there is definitely a trend taking off in 2010 with companies and individuals getting into the mix of things by developing 3D movies, computers, televisions, cameras, games and a slew of 3D-enabled products and technologies.

3D Domain Names

With domain names, it’s always a gamble especially if the name isn’t a category-killing name, but as 2010 sees an increase in 3D products, you can bet that most 3D domain names worth buying will be gone soon."

Source: Fusible

gotta love it :)

•••
Very interesting sales and bids at sedo. The niche seems to be getting a good hit at least once a week now.

•••
Lets make sure we put any 3D sales on here (doesn't matter how small) just so the thread will stay open.

•••
I see that (apart from the odd domain) most of the domains sold are product related. Not that there has not been serious offers for the ones such as film, cinema, sport etc. I suspect if you are holding any of the outlandish ones such as 3dmicrowaveoven.info or something lol, then let them drop if the sales and offers so far have been any guide.

•••
Nice ROI on 3Dwebcam.com @ $2500 although 3DMovie.com was a complete giveaway price @ $2499

Of the 2 i'd rather have had 3Dmovie.com

3dmovie.com is not sold! I have this this domain many years.

Regards
R.C.S

•••
Buy3DLaptop.com and Buy3DPC.com sold for $2K each (not my sales)

•••
I see that (apart from the odd domain) most of the domains sold are product related.
Yeah, i've just received a sedo offer for bluray3d dot info which i am considering.

•••
i would take the offer for a .info

•••
I agree, there won't be many offers on .info's, even at its peak, take the money

•••
I agree, there won't be many offers on .info's, even at its peak, take the money
Ok, lets take a serious look at this instaed of saying sell quick because it's an info. There are only 3 Country TLDs avail and no General TLD's avail making this info a very good investment. Infos have always been good sellers for me and i don't agree with the narrow outlook some have with these. The net is on sedo for $2500 and personally i would take an info any day to a net so i reckon a low $xxx is a bit of a bargain.

•••
ok make a new thread with a poll asking which gtld is better i am willing to guess that .net will be at about 90% or above

•••
Sold

Buy3DLaptop.com and Buy3DPC.com sold for $2K each (not my sales)

this is FALSE
this was "$2,000 for both"
two separate sales

$1,000 each

you can find his original posting on the DP thread somewhere (sorry - not looking for it right now)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

also...

* * SOLD * *

3d (.) Building (.) Projection (.).com
$600

Notes:
• End User
• OOTB hand reg from June
• Money has hit my account, waiting on buyers registrar account info to push
• I initially contacted him
• TWENTY Character, three word dot com
• Should have got more - but renewals are coming

:)

just renewed 3dHolographics.com for two more years - all me until 2013 :)

More multi-year holo renewals to follow this year.

-

•••
this is FALSE
this was "$2,000 for both"
two separate sales

$1,000 each

you can find his original posting on the DP thread somewhere (sorry - not looking for it right now)

Sorry my fault, I just read (theDomains or successclick, cant remember) they sold these 2 names for $2K and I presumed it was each...either way, still nice sales..

•••
3DHQ.com $3,750.00 Sedo.com (Not My Sale)

My guess is this was bought by the folks at 3D-HQ.com... which should be of interest to 3D domainers as this is truly the (New) Head Quarters for the major (3D industry) players.

The site is run by DEG (Digital Entertainment Group - degonline.org); The industry funded nonprofit whose mission it is to market and promote home entertainment products.

DEG also spearheaded the consumer adoption of DVD, Blu-Ray, HDTV, Digital Copy and Movie Downloads.

They created a 3D Task Force earlier this year and just recently launched 3D-HQ.com.

Because DEG / 3D-HQ.com offers a forum for members to "engage in ongoing discussions concerning various opportunities related to promoting established categories, evaluating and discussing new entertainment platforms and investigating supply chain efficiencies."

I signed-up... as I and can see where direct access to a 3D domain name pool and/or a network of 3D websites -that 3D domainers can provide, could be of service to the DEG mission. And establish a mutually beneficial relationship early on.

•••
pretty competitive niche and growing more and more competitive

•••
Back