IT.COM

$3000 A Day Domainer ~ OFFICIAL THREAD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This is the official discussion thread for the $3000 a Day Domainer.

Questions, comments, and feedback on their methods and how they worked or didn't work for you are welcome here in this thread.

This is not for discussion of the NamePros skin. If you have feedback on the skin or ad campaign, please use this other thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SDX said:
And Sam really DOES know his stuff in ccTLD's!
He's not incognito and really active on the forums!
That's why I'm a little tiny bit skeptical also...
Either way, I always have my .COM's to fall back on! :hehe:
There have been some ASTOUNDING Domainers dabbling in ccTLD's for YEARS now...have you heard how huge "MR .CM" is? ;)
SDX! long time no talk!! Hahaha, my .coms have taken a DUMPING on generic values! Looks like ccTLDS are the backbone now!!

To clarify from a statistical point of view, lets play conservative and said i scanned 20,000,000 names, probably more the last 2 years. Currently I have around 1000 domains (including temporary 1 years) and around 500-750 active earners that keep paying off and making their renewal fees. A very mixed portfolio of Generics, (ie. travel.*) remember home.bz?, typos, and dropped sites (which need to reviewed each year).

So it really is "bulk scanning"! :lol: ! So around 1 out of 26,000 scanned gets registered.

So yes, I will say I agree, thanks to someone elses point, that a TEAM of maybe lets say 10-30 people could pull off 3000 a day, ESPECIALLY if they scan millions a day (i physically cant due to IP restrictions) but individually, i think not.

Also factor in PHYSICAL weariness, in 2006 during summer break, I would literally wake up and domains till I sleep. Killed my life socially, so YES its a big challenge.

But I feel that if YOU HAVE THE GUTS FOR IT! DO IT! CcTLDS has become my PASSION and as long you are passionate about anything, you should more or less succeed. Even after failure, hell I was down to $-700 in my bank had to call the rents for a loan!

The cat is finally out of the bag big time, I expect to see a few more domainers join our cctld ranks!

•••
Sam said:
The cat is finally out of the bag big time, I expect to see a few more domainers join our cctld ranks!

Right on the money. I would not doubt if we see some really really big ccTLD sales with the next year or so, regardless of the economy.

•••
I personally find it pretty hard to believe this guy is making $3k a day off fresh regged names, especially if he's not registering 1000s of names. I just don't buy it...not yet.

•••
Sam said:
SDX! long time no talk!! Hahaha, my .coms have taken a DUMPING on generic values! Looks like ccTLDS are the backbone now!!

To clarify from a statistical point of view, lets play conservative and said i scanned 20,000,000 names, probably more the last 2 years. Currently I have around 1000 domains (including temporary 1 years) and around 500-750 active earners that keep paying off and making their renewal fees. A very mixed portfolio of Generics, (ie. travel.*) remember home.bz?, typos, and dropped sites (which need to reviewed each year).

So it really is "bulk scanning"! :lol: ! So around 1 out of 26,000 scanned gets registered.

So yes, I will say I agree, thanks to someone elses point, that a TEAM of maybe lets say 10-30 people could pull off 3000 a day, ESPECIALLY if they scan millions a day (i physically cant due to IP restrictions) but individually, i think not.

Also factor in PHYSICAL weariness, in 2006 during summer break, I would literally wake up and domains till I sleep. Killed my life socially, so YES its a big challenge.

But I feel that if YOU HAVE THE GUTS FOR IT! DO IT! CcTLDS has become my PASSION and as long you are passionate about anything, you should more or less succeed. Even after failure, hell I was down to $-700 in my bank had to call the rents for a loan!

Sam, Dude! You're one of my original ccTLD inspirations! :tu:
And still THE ccTLD GURU in my books! :)
I owe some crazy nice reg's thanks to you! :)
What's more, is that I know you're a real person...not some big team or business trying to make even more money...

P.S. BTW, I sure as hell remember home.bz! :lol:

Last edited:
•••
I once asked someone who was catching drops faster than anyone I knew if they could teach me their secret for 50% of any profits I made on any names I caught....

His response - why take 50% when I am already taking 100%

Now if one wanted to argue that this is different because $3000 a day is is so labour intensive that one person is limited to finite profits per day - I would not still not sell the secrets, I would hire a team of very happy to be employed people on a really low office lease paying them $15 dollars an hour each, leaving the owners of $3000 dollars a day with a daily profit of just under $2900 per person per day

In this harsh economic climate, there is fools gold to be found everywhere

•••
Ross said:
Like i said in my previous post, to get $3k a day it has to be done to scale, i.e. hire a staff/team. Otherwise you end up searching 100k domains yourself and only find 2 or 3.

Correct. Not just this business but anybody doing major volume in ANY market must figure out how to SCALE it to earn big $$$. To scale usually means hiring programmers to automate things. There is no 15-30 team. 1-2 programmers and one guy watching renewals.

•••
An interesting sub-topic for the 3000k domainer and how hard or nearly impossible for many people to achieve a similar goal is here :
ccTLDs - the wave of the future

Pasting my last reply for people that will not click the link :p

"Some ccTLDs are easy to register, cheap to maintain or transfer and may produce nice typo traffic.

For example .de is a good example of liberated ccTLD with nice market and typein rate BUT not many ccTLDs are like this

I saw in the video that we talked about at the start of the topic at frame 5:03 a sample list of the domains.

I don't want to say in any way that the list is not genuine but i see for example an extremely high CTR of 65.30% for a short .es name and other high EPCs
Let's not forget that we're talking about parked names at sedo and this list is for ONE day only.

From all the years i work with the net, i never saw for some ccTLDs (not all the ccTLDs) similar daily numbers like the ones at the list. For example a 3 letter ccTLD domain that was developed before and gets link traffic and typein traffic with 1,230,000,000 (1,23 billion results) at google.com, 7,670,000 results at pages with the specific language and 2,460,000 results from ccTLD domains of that country doesn't get even the 1/10 of the daily sedo profit, compared with a similar hand-register name from the list.

What i want to say (as i already mentioned in the top) is that certainly ccTLD is a viable market and .com is not the only way to focus BUT you SHOULD be VERY careful at the ccTLDs you will choose.

When we say the word gTLD we refer to just 21
When we say the word ccTLD we refer to 252 different registries !!!!
This alone is a serious issue for people they want to invest in ccTLDs

With current economic crisis web budgets decreased especially from companies that used the net only for brand promotion and didn't base their existence on web sales. This limits the overall level of Google ads/Sedo ads for ccTLDs

Also something that may worth considering regarding the goal of the creators of 3K a day domainer video.

At the end they said that they released this information to create attention and bring more domain investors to ccTLD market. This is fair and logical but they presented a model for PPC profit and not to the aftermarket value market of the ccTLD domains that will be created if more domain investors come to this game.

Usually if more people serve the ads then higher quality limits are introduced to deliver the ads and the profits.

So if the demand of all ccTLDs will be increased tomorrow by 100% they will increase the value of their portfolio but not the daily income that is way they make money from domains

(With all do respect with the 3K a day domainer NP sponsor)"

Last edited:
•••
Sam said:

My friendly advice to you would be to automate whatever it is that takes most of your time by hiring a programmer. Once you reach a level of success the only way to grow is to automate processes and make your business more efficient. If you don't think it can be done or are scared to explain to a programmer how it is done, then where you are at is your ceiling. We don't plan on revealing how we exactly mine or find domains but you should have a broad overview from our postings.

I don't think the cat is fully out of the bag yet. There is quite the learning curve to invest in ccTLDs that anybody just getting started has to get around. More awareness may hurt things in the short term, but in the long term it can only be beneficial. Same reason Rick Schwartz has been preaching for 10 years the value of .coms. He knows long term the more money in the market, the more his domains are worth.

•••
3000aday said:
Our only benefit is to recoup some of our marketing budget with some paid products and hopefully build trust/authority over the long term as we possibly plan on building cctld services to cover the ccTLD market just as there is so many services covering the .com space.

And you're going to build this "trust/authority" as a mysterious and nameless person who won't verify the Sedo stats and revenue that you're using to get everyone's attention?

•••
kemjika11 said:
I personally find it pretty hard to believe this guy is making $3k a day off fresh regged names, especially if he's not registering 1000s of names. I just don't buy it...not yet.

We have never mentioned how many domains we own or register but to clear it up, yes we own many, many thousands. We are not here to reveal all of our financials just as we would not expect anybody else too. Basically, we have been able to scale the business.

•••
Well at the very least this thread is helping to raise the awareness of domainers by opening their eyes to some of the opportunities that are out there with ccTLDs. Many domainers have been wasting their money on all kinds of junk domains because they have not been able to break out of the box and have been trapped in the group mentality that focuses on token and vanity domains that only seem to be valuable to other domainers that have the same mind frame. With the introduction of new TLDs by ICANN in the near future it seems that ccTLDs are the only extensions that are stable and authoritative enough that can compete in that new environment. There is no doubt that ccTLDs are going to play a major role in the future both as far as user experiences and also with so many companies and businesses that are beginning to use them to reach the local markets. The idea of unifying all the people of the world around the original few extensions perhaps sounded noble and practical at the beginning of the internet, but as the internet has evolved it is now clear that although people like to think globally, but they prefer to have an extension that represents their local culture and identity and nothing seems to do that better than the ccTLDs. (just my opinion)

PS: I am not making 3000 a day, but I have great hopes for my collection of over 300 city names in the form of “ Cityof …. .US “ in the near future.

•••
trevor said:
And you're going to build this "trust/authority" as a mysterious and nameless person who won't verify the Sedo stats and revenue that you're using to get everyone's attention?

We have sent Sedo’s rep on here a private message to verify this information but have not heard back. If we don't hear back soon, we will contact our account manager there and see if he can come post and verify.

Ross said:
Right on the money. I would not doubt if we see some really really big ccTLD sales with the next year or so, regardless of the economy.

There are already really, really big sales happening all the time in private on the ccTLD side. There is just very little coverage or exposure to this market as most blogs/news sites are focused on the big aftermarket sites (Sedo) and brokers.

•••
3000aday said:
There are already really, really big sales happening all the time in private on the ccTLD side. There is just very little coverage or exposure to this market as most blogs/news sites are focused on the big aftermarket sites (Sedo) and brokers.

That is what i meant, we will see these sales coming in to the public eye. More and more will begin to sell on Sedo and so on. Its almost like the effect you see every time a domain sells for big, similar regs come and people try to pawn them off like the real thing. This will in return create an explosion ;)!

•••
Just a short question, why someone just want to raise the awareness for 252 ccTLDs paying NP (which is OK, we all want to support this forum, this is just a question) and put an email form to his landing page to take visitor/domainer info ?

•••
Sam said:
Dear 3k a day,

I like your professionalism, but in regards to advice, you are telling domainers to buy ccTLDS eg 1-3 letters, but then tell me that you wont buy except its revenue? Well yes, everyone buys revenue names, how does that make that different then .com...

I had petardas.pe , ask any peruvian and its pretty funny their replies! Also petarda.com.pe, anyone who wants to take a risk go ahead and reg!

I have done cctld data mining for last 2 years, scanned 10s of millions of names, theres always a few goodies after a scan of 100,000+. So yes, this method works, but after 2 years, im not even CLOSE to even 500 a day, so this is why I am scepticle.

Sam

We didn't tell anybody to buy 1-3 letter domains. We used that as a POSSIBLE investment strategy that is used in .com that could possibly be duplicated in ccTLDs. We were actually able to buy out all the remaining 2 letter combinations in an extension or two and although not all of them provide an ROI, we will be holding for long term value. That is simply what we were referring to.

Creating a portfolio is exactly that. Creating a mix of various strategies. MOSTLY revenue earners with a mix of domains that don't cover reg fee but we feel confident in the long term value among other things.

In regards to your comment of:
"Well yes, everyone buys revenue names, how does that make that different then .com..."
Exactly :) ccTLD is just like .com. The BIG domains in any extension have traffic and revenue and if you can buy them under market value or at X year ROI then you should do so just as you would in .com.

•••
I'm convinced now that I know who's handling the marketing behind this. These are solid guys with a huge premium portfolio, and very smart. If any of the claims they are making or things they are saying sound unbelievable, I think I know why. I think it's probably because we just haven't figured out how to do it ourselves yet. Take Sam for example, who mentioned his data mining experience. 3000aday mentioned names on a massive scale and accepting even the ones only making about $30 per year. That's only 8c a day on average. Sam may have been passing on these maybe, I don't know for sure. Maybe he's running into road blocks or data sources or something else that 3000aday has overcome, that wouldn't surprise me. Just one example where it explains the scale involved and dealing with lower profit margins.

There is a lot of good information in this thread being answered, and in the free videos.

Maybe some of you (us) could pool our resources, skills and minds together to work on dealing with data mining, research, experimenting with specific ccTLDs and scale. If anyone has this in mind already and would be interested in counting me in, I'd probably be interested.

•••
mtbrain said:
I once asked someone who was catching drops faster than anyone I knew if they could teach me their secret for 50% of any profits I made on any names I caught....

His response - why take 50% when I am already taking 100%

Now if one wanted to argue that this is different because $3000 a day is is so labour intensive that one person is limited to finite profits per day - I would not still not sell the secrets, I would hire a team of very happy to be employed people on a really low office lease paying them $15 dollars an hour each, leaving the owners of $3000 dollars a day with a daily profit of just under $2900 per person per day

In this harsh economic climate, there is fools gold to be found everywhere

Valid point, but if this was our situation, we would do everything possible to create a competitive solution to that of the person who was beating me daily. We have successfully done so and will continue to try to compete in other markets.

Sometimes it just isn't possible (like in .com where snapnames has access to XX number of registrars to catch expiring domains or have agreements with registrars) and you have to accept defeat and find another niche/market to attack.

If you asked me the same question, if I would give you every secret and share profits, I would also decline. That wouldn't make sense. We continue to register domains daily.

We have noted multiple times in this thread we are NOT giving away the farm but only tidbits to get people started and learning. The truth is, even if we shared everything, everybody’s mileage would vary based upon work ethic, your programmers and problem solving skills. Every market and opportunity changes and to profit you need to adapt.

•••
3000aday i see you quote back and forth but you omit my replies

•••
dotnom said:
Just a short question, why someone just want to raise the awareness for 252 ccTLDs paying NP (which is OK, we all want to support this forum, this is just a question) and put an email form to his landing page to take visitor/domainer info ?

Thanks for the post. As we noted previously in this thread, we plan on releasing a paid product or two down the road as well as possibly creating and offering ccTLD related services.

•••
Personally, I think the growth potential of ccTLDs is unquestionable. By that, I mean that I cannot understand how anybody can think that these are like .info or other oddball extensions (no offense to .info fans).

I'm in Japan, so I'll use .jp as an example. Say my wife wants to buy some bathsalts online. Like almost all Japanese, she may feel safer buying from a company with a presence in Japan. Why:

1- If anything comes up, she knows there will be no language barrier.
2- If there is a problem, the company is probably going to be more responsive.
3- She can trust the product/service will meet certain minimum standards of safety and quality that Japanese people expect.

Dotcom may be king, but it's a king without a dominion. The company could be anywhere or owned by anybody - or at least that's the perception. A .jp is perceived as being a Japanese company, with all that entails.

This is why I see the growth of ccTLDs as being inevitable. Dotcoms will still have their place for international brands. Other domains may do well where trust is not a factor (.tv domains may see growth).

And that's the key: trust.

I love the info coming from 3000/day, but I can't send a dime to someone who remains anonymous (unless I am buying something illicit, which I would never do!)

So, 3000, I'm loving the conversation and the entertainment. Thanks for both. But, unless there's some brilliantly original end-game to this, I don't get the anonymity part.

•••
•••
Domainace said:
Personally, I think the growth potential of ccTLDs is unquestionable. By that, I mean that I cannot understand how anybody can think that these are like .info or other oddball extensions (no offense to .info fans).

I'm in Japan, so I'll use .jp as an example. Say my wife wants to buy some bathsalts online. Like almost all Japanese, she may feel safer buying from a company with a presence in Japan. Why:

1- If anything comes up, she knows there will be no language barrier.
2- If there is a problem, the company is probably going to be more responsive.
3- She can trust the product/service will meet certain minimum standards of safety and quality that Japanese people expect.

Dotcom may be king, but it's a king without a dominion. The company could be anywhere or owned by anybody - or at least that's the perception. A .jp is perceived as being a Japanese company, with all that entails.

This is why I see the growth of ccTLDs as being inevitable. Dotcoms will still have their place for international brands. Other domains may do well where trust is not a factor (.tv domains may see growth).

And that's the key: trust.

I love the info coming from 3000/day, but I can't send a dime to someone who remains anonymous (unless I am buying something illicit, which I would never do!)

So, 3000, I'm loving the conversation and the entertainment. Thanks for both. But, unless there's some brilliantly original end-game to this, I don't get the anonymity part.

Bill, you're awesome! :)
That's exactly what this is! ..."ENTERTAINMENT" for NamePro'ers! :sold:

dotnom said:
3000aday i see you quote back and forth but you omit my replies

Mine too...are you ONLY using SEDOPro $3000 man?
Care to join Parked.com? :lol:
Maybe you can TRIPLE your $3000/day! ;)

•••
steveteva said:
I can register .fr no problem
Through a personal contact, or some other way?
steveteva said:
but it's useless because all generic and good domains are already taken, worlwide domainers are really active, there are domainers in france that are as good as american in domaining so competition is big and I can bet you won't find any good names available,
I've found some names with good Adwords search volume but obviously I don't know the traffic without regging them.

Another issue I thought of with .fr, which might apply to other domains too: I've noticed that a high proportion of major French websites have chosen to use hyphenated domains. For example the news network france-info.com, the national railway site voyages-sncf.com, and the job site france-emploi.org. Does this mean that hyphenated French domains will get a lot of typeins, perhaps more than their unhyphenated counterparts? If the traffic is split equally between the hyphenated and unhyphenated domains, this would mean we have to pay two reg fees to get all the revenue for a given expression.

•••
Opportunities are everywhere.

ccTLDs or TLDs with proper study and nice budget you can leverage anything you want

ccTLDs are known for years but still gTLDs are the number one choice from people that live and work in various countries.

These people are not exporters or provide international services but prefer a .com (for example) extension over their own.

Some may get it because they can't find a similar ccTLD they like, others because .com is cheaper and most important because .com are easy to register and transfer.

For some ccTLDs you pay for the registration and the whois modification the same amount.

Sedo doesn't charge the same for ccTLDs, sales can last MUCH longer than normal gTLDs.

Nearly every ccTLD has it's own rules, how you can be sure that you're OK with all of them ?

For a TM infringement for example some country courts have waiting line 2-3 years to examine your case and until then your domain will be paused.

Another negative factor for ccTLDs is time.
ccTLDs exist nearly as much as gTLDs (few years less to be exact) but still not trusted to be registered from their native users.

One day this may change but when ?
Will be in the next 2,5,10 years or you have to be a relative of Duncan McCloud from the clan McLoud to sell the historical proof that you registered sex.ccTLD at 3000 AC ?

•••
All I have to say is GOOGLE.CM (missing the "o" in .CoM)! ;) This Cameroon ccTLD made the owner a MILLIONAIRE! :)
And NO TM issues for years!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back