Dynadot

question 3 letter .xyz domain and outrageous renewal fees. What would you do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I paid a few hundreds bucks to privately acquire a 3 letter, dictionary listed .xyz domain. The annual renewal reg fee is $1,000. I haven't had it for long, and although I've had two or three of inquires via DAN.com, they were the typical extreme low-ball type of offers. The domain is coming up for renewal in a few months. If this was you, what would you do with it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I paid a few hundreds bucks to privately acquire a 3 letter, dictionary listed .xyz domain. The annual renewal reg fee is $1,000. I haven't had it for long, and although I've had two or three of inquires via DAN.com, they were the typical extreme low-ball type of offers. The domain is coming up for renewal in a few months. If this was you, what would you do with it?
Eat , Boy , Dan , Gym some names can be if not tell
Well ..you can lose 1000 , 2000 , 3000 if you renew & not sell
1-3 years can be short or long time
You don't know if you sell or not & how much you sell , if
I reg my self a .xyz premium with same renew price . I droped recover money ( delete domain ) & reg with that amount 4 LLL .xyz premium but standard renew price
With all respect for you , but you are not (you/we know who) in term of .xyz sale & we know that even that person not able to sell without some behind / support of a good broker ( at least 😉 )
My LLL .xyz are premium & with meaning but no inq. only visits so just wait but i say to my self ( already renew them until 2025 ) i will renew until 2030 or 2035 & F of companies who want one of my LLL .xyz or they pay xxxxx & xxxxxx or they will not get domains if are they so stupid to buy .xyz
Up to you with your domain but put in balance 1k / year vs 9.99/year
Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Can you show an example a great name in .com that you bought for $100 (or less) recently?
Good morning.

I recently bought YWZA .com for $120 on NP. It is my first ever 4L. I think that it has potential as it could be short for 'Yowza'. A little above your quoted $100 I grant you but there are still good names to be had.

Have a good day.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
put the domain for sale here
and mention the renewal fee,
you may get back some cash and avoid carrying these useless ridiculous renewals

even the .com renewal for a 3 character is 10bucks

i got caught in some tlds a few years ago, i liquidated everything on Sedo auctions and on negotiated deals

contact the best seller of .xyz , he may be the perfect buyer for you

•••
I have similar situation with ev.xyz , 2500$ renewal
I am still thinking what to do.
Xyz is best for web3-nft-crypto-metaverse.
Not sure for food-travel-fashion-auto-other business.
Really not worth for law-health.

You should have tried a broker if it is worth to outbound like I did for ev.xyz.
It might reduce price comparing inbound- but better than renewing for indefinite time if you are not confident enough.

Dont list on sav if it is registered in sav. Than You might loose it instantly even for 1$
I started brokering but later transferred to another broker to speed up joy.xyz which later sold for 25000$

It was the same reason, owner was confused to renew so I offered him to broker.

Can you dm me?

•••
How do I check my domains for high renewal fees?

•••
I am currently liquidating my LLL xyz names on auctions sites for this very reason. Not worth it, imo.

Last edited:
•••
Back