Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Carroll

Established Member
Impact
Brandmo.com Buy Requests

Hope everyone is doing good! I'm creating this thread with our latest buy requests for January. If you own a brand name matching up with any of the following requests and would like to offer it for sale to our buyers, please click the "view buy request" link to access the full brief and submit your names. If you haven't already you will need to register before you can submit. As always I will do my best to keep this thread updated when new buy requests are posted and we look forward to working with you all again. :)

Apartment/Rental Home Discovery Platform
Budget:
$250,000
Extensions: .com
Length: 5 to 7 characters
Description: Holistic discovery platform that connects long-term renters with their perfect apartment/rental home while also helping property management companies effectively market their properties to prospective renters. The new brand should convey a renter-centric, unbiased, easy, accurate, transparent, and holistic vibe. Competitors include Apartments.com, Zumper, Rent.com, as well as companies like Zillow, and PadMapper. Prefer dictionary words but will also consider extremely strong brandables and compound brands.
Funding, Commercial Lending & Brokerage Firm
Budget:
$2,500
Description: This firm provides funding, commercial lending, and business brokerage services to entrepreneurs and commercial investors. Seeking a short 5 to 7 character brandable domain with a professional tone and admire the brand Flex Capital (flex.com).
Sustainability Consultancy Seeking Domain Name
Budget:
$1,000
Extensions: .com, .ie
Length: No character constraints
Description: Sustainability Consultancy serving Ireland, UK, & Europe offering end-to-end services to support clients towards becoming Net Zero organizations and reducing carbon emissions. Clients need robust strategies and action plans with no greenwashing. Seeking a .com or extremely strong .ie that will help us establish a successful, accomplished, and influential presence in the industry. Admire brands including Planetly, Climate Partner, & EcoSave.
Australian Men's Lip Balm Brand
Budget:
$1,000
Extensions: .com, .com.au
Description: Male lip balm, with natural ingredients and unique flavors based in Australia. The brand is exclusively for men and should convey a fun, natural tone that will appeal to 18 to 50-year-old males in Australia and New Zealand. Customers are often tradesmen, laborers but also office workers. Open to .com, .co, or .com.au domains. The word "bloke" CANNOT be used due to trademark issues. Admire brands including tradie.com, aussiebum.com, & budgysmuggler.com.au
Customer Loyalty App
Budget:
$1,000
Extensions: .com, .io, .co, or .ly
Description: This company is building a customer loyalty app for small restaurants which allows them to easily configure custom loyalty features and coupons. PLEASE AVOID the word coupon. Seeking a modern brandable domain name with meaning, and admire brands like Chic-fil-A, Southwest, Wikipedia, Rampage Products (Jeep Top), Penguin Books, Coca-Cola, etc.
Rebranding Wifi Services Company
Budget:
$1,000
Extensions: .com, .io
Description: The business provides wifi and security software and infrastructure with white-glove support to start-ups and companies using digital tools for connectivity (POS, tablets etc.) The current name is too abstract and would like to rebrand to something more meaningful and brandable. Prefer .com or .io and length isn't important as long as it's a good name.
How to submit names to a buy request on Brandmo?

I've outlined the steps below and you can also check out this explainer video.

1. Sign up for an account (it's free to sign up & free to submit)
2. *Verify your email address*
3. Visit the buy request you want to participate in and click "Submit Your Entry"
4. Enter the name you wish to sell and a brief description. If you own the name or have the exclusive rights to sell it, you can enter an offer price to kick off the negotiations.
5. Our buyers are pretty responsive and will take the opportunity to rank & review your names through the platform, and possibly choose one of your names for acquisition.

*You won't be able to submit names until you verify your email.*

If you experience any issues with email verification or have any questions at all, please reach out via our contact page and we will be happy to help. We also invite you to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Submitted to two of them.

Thank you, Joseph

•••
•••
I just updated the list and added the following new buy request.

Budget:
$1,000
Description: Male lip balm, with natural ingredients and unique flavors based in Australia. The brand is exclusively for men and should convey a fun, natural tone that will appeal to 18 to 50-year-old males in Australia and New Zealand. Customers are often tradesmen, laborers but also office workers. Open to .com, .co, or .com.au domains. The word "bloke" CANNOT be used due to trademark issues. Admire brands including tradie.com, aussiebum.com, & budgysmuggler.com.au

•••
Hi Joseph,

I have serious reservations about the legitimacy of these "requests" and your website/company. I feel they may be for traffic, attention or your company is scouting for names to resell elsewhere.

Reasons:

1:The requesters are anonymous unlike other Naming contests. You cannot verify if they are real people or company.
2: They are always all "active two hours ago"
3: Immediately a contest ends, it gets renewed or that's when we have a new one available. Are the requesters watching and waiting the queue for them to have the need for a domain?

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The 250k budget one has put out 3 ads in the past, all substantial budgets and each ad saying they are a startup in different industries, total awarded (0).

Last edited:
•••
Hi Joseph,

I have serious reservations about the legitimacy of these "requests" and your website/company. I feel they may be for traffic, attention or your company is scouting for names to resell elsewhere.

Reasons:

1:The requesters are anonymous unlike other Naming contests. You cannot verify if they are real people or company.
2: They are always all "active two hours ago"
3: Immediately a contest ends, it gets renewed or that's when we have a new one available. Are the requesters watching and waiting the queue for them to have the need for a domain?

Thank you.

In my experience buy requests are almost always anonymous, on all the major platforms and even here on Namepros, so I'm not sure what other buy requests you are referring to. In fact, anonymity is among the most common concerns we get from our buyers. Most buyers do not want to be identified. Many believe it jeopardizes their negotiating position, don't want their competitors to find out, or are working on projects that would otherwise require an NDA. That said, we have had a number of clients publicly identify themselves within their buy requests, and in one case, submitters then bypassed Brandmo and started contacting the buy request holder directly off of the platform which creates its own issues.

re: "two hours ago" is a known issue not pulling active data, it says that for every user on the site, and we are working on updating this. "Immediately a contest ends, it gets renewed or that's when we have a new one available. Are the requesters watching and waiting the queue for them to have the need for a domain?" I'm sorry I really don't understand this question, can you please rephrase it?

The 250k budget one has put out 3 ads in the past, all substantial budgets and each ad saying they are a startup in different industries, total awarded (0).
That's not correct, they have launched two buy requests on our website. A growth capital firm and a apartment/rental home discovery platform. And yes, the client operates multiple successful tech startups in various industries.

•••
That's not correct, they have launched two buy requests on our website. A growth capital firm and a apartment/rental home discovery platform. And yes, the client operates multiple successful tech startups in various industries.

Ok, thanks for the info (y)

Last edited:
•••
looks interesting. can you please clarify a few things:
1) If I sign up and submit a domain for a specific Buy Request, will my domain automatically be added to the overall marketplace "Inventory"? I personally would not want that. Or would the domain be privately offered to the person that made the buy request but otherwise not be publicly viewable?
2) What is the scoop on the publicly listed domains with logos? Is that a separate feature and who provides the logos and at what cost?
3) Can you give more info on the process, ie if I submit a domain, does it HAVE to be priced or the only stipulation is that it would be sold for within the posted budget? And who facilitates the negotiations? Does the seller just go through the 200+ submissions and personally follow up with a offer or counter offer? Can I revoke my submission (for example if there is radio silence from the buyer for a week or we communicate and their best offer is too far below what I submitted it for) or is it "locked in" for the duration of the listing? Is there any contract or restrictions on the domain post submission?

I didnt see anything about this in the FAQs so wanted to clarify. And just so you know, on the register/login popup, if I click on register now, the links for the user rules and privacy policy do not go anywhere....

•••
Brandmo.com Buy Requests

Hope everyone is doing good! I'm creating this thread with our latest buy requests for January. If you own a brand name matching up with any of the following requests and would like to offer it for sale to our buyers, please click the "view buy request" link to access the full brief and submit your names. If you haven't already you will need to register before you can submit. As always I will do my best to keep this thread updated when new buy requests are posted and we look forward to working with you all again. :)

Budget:
$250,000
Description: Holistic discovery platform that connects long-term renters with their perfect apartment/rental home while also helping property management companies effectively market their properties to prospective renters. The new brand should convey a renter-centric, unbiased, easy, accurate, transparent, and holistic vibe. Competitors include Apartments.com, Zumper, Rent.com, as well as companies like Zillow, and PadMapper. Prefer dictionary words but will also consider extremely strong brandables and compound brands.
Budget:
$2,500
Description: This firm provides funding, commercial lending, and business brokerage services to entrepreneurs and commercial investors. Seeking a short 5 to 7 character brandable domain with a professional tone and admire the brand Flex Capital (flex.com).
Budget:
$1,000
Customer Loyalty App
Budget:
$1,000
Description: This company is building a customer loyalty app for small restaurants which allows them to easily configure custom loyalty features and coupons. PLEASE AVOID the word coupon. Seeking a modern brandable domain name with meaning, and admire brands like Chic-fil-A, Southwest, Wikipedia, Rampage Products (Jeep Top), Penguin Books, Coca-Cola, etc.
Budget:
$1,000
Description: The business provides wifi and security software and infrastructure with white-glove support to start-ups and companies using digital tools for connectivity (POS, tablets etc.) The current name is too abstract and would like to rebrand to something more meaningful and brandable. Prefer .com or .io and length isn't important as long as it's a good name.

3. Visit the buy request you want to participate in and click "Submit Your Entry"
4. Enter the name you wish to sell and a brief description. If you own the name or have the exclusive rights to sell it, you can enter an offer price to kick off the negotiations.
5. Our buyers are pretty responsive and will take the opportunity to rank & review your names through the platform, and possibly choose one of your names for acquisition.

If you experience any issues with email verification or have any questions at all, please reach out via our contact page and we will be happy to help. We also invite you to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook.

The 1st one, though it's 8L and not 5-7 it's everything else you're asking for! @Joseph Carroll

ApartHub.com :)

Last edited:
•••
looks interesting. can you please clarify a few things:
1) If I sign up and submit a domain for a specific Buy Request, will my domain automatically be added to the overall marketplace "Inventory"? I personally would not want that. Or would the domain be privately offered to the person that made the buy request but otherwise not be publicly viewable?
2) What is the scoop on the publicly listed domains with logos? Is that a separate feature and who provides the logos and at what cost?
3) Can you give more info on the process, ie if I submit a domain, does it HAVE to be priced or the only stipulation is that it would be sold for within the posted budget? And who facilitates the negotiations? Does the seller just go through the 200+ submissions and personally follow up with a offer or counter offer? Can I revoke my submission (for example if there is radio silence from the buyer for a week or we communicate and their best offer is too far below what I submitted it for) or is it "locked in" for the duration of the listing? Is there any contract or restrictions on the domain post submission?

Good questions.

By submitting to a buy request you are privately submitting the name to the queue of that buy request only. It's not viewable by the general public and it definitely does not get added to our marketplace inventory, the domain marketplace is completely separate from the buy request feature.

Regarding your other question, I think you referring to our domain marketplace but there are no logos, we use stock images as it just seems to work better for us and domain buyers usually create their own logos anyways. If you're interested in selling your names on our marketplace please get in touch via our contact page.

To your last question, submissions can be priced or unpriced based on your preference. There are no stipulations. Buyers may choose to buy a name at any price and sellers may choose to sell a name at any price. If you submitted a name you can delete it or update the offer price at any time until a deal has been reached. There's no contract outside of our standard terms of service and the buyer request feature is free for sellers.

As a general update, I'm adding the following buy request to the list.

Budget:
$1,000
Description: Sustainability Consultancy serving Ireland, UK, & Europe offering end-to-end services to support clients towards becoming Net Zero organizations and reducing carbon emissions. Clients need robust strategies and action plans with no greenwashing. Seeking a .com or extremely strong .ie that will help us establish a successful, accomplished, and influential presence in the industry. Admire brands including Planetly, Climate Partner, & EcoSave.

•••
How long does it take to get a verification email? I registered an hour ago, but the account is still not verified and I haven't received an email

UPD I just received an email. So it's okay

Last edited:
•••
Beside seeing your posts on here at namepros is there anyway to be notified that there is new buy requests submitted by new domain buyers? As an example will you email me now that I am registered on your website when there are new domain buyer requests added to your site in the future?

•••
Beside seeing your posts on here at namepros is there anyway to be notified that there is new buy requests submitted by new domain buyers? As an example will you email me now that I am registered on your website when there are new domain buyer requests added to your site in the future?
Another good question.

We do put out newsletters, however, they are not sent for every buy request. To get the latest buy request I would recommend following us on Twitter, Facebook, & Linkedin as we try to post new buy requests on social as they come in. I would also recommend checking the buy request page regularly and using the recently listed filter to see the newest requests.

•••
OK and will do - thank you! It would be great if you could filter out the closed buy request on that buy request page!

Last edited:
•••
OK and will do - thank you! It would be great if you could filter out the closed buy request on that buy request page!
I appreciate the feedback. For now, closed requests are accessible in search to allow the holder and submitters to continue to access the request after it's closed. However, live buy requests should always be displayed on top of closed requests in search results. And if you use the built-in filters you can filter by recently listed, most popular, highest / lowest budget, and ending soon and the live requests should be displayed above-closed requests.

•••
•••
hello, you previously stated: "If you submitted a name you can delete it or update the offer price at any time until a deal has been reached."

but i do not see how to delete a domain that was submitted, after the buy request is closed, or even how to close/delete my account entirely if i choose to.....

•••
hello, you previously stated: "If you submitted a name you can delete it or update the offer price at any time until a deal has been reached."

but i do not see how to delete a domain that was submitted, after the buy request is closed, or even how to close/delete my account entirely if i choose to.....
To delete the submission simply click the down arrow on the submission and then click the delete button on the left. You can also use this if you make a mistake when submitting and want to resubmit a name. Regarding the account issue you would just need to contact us via the contact page. Sent you a PM with a few more details.

•••
•••
•••
Brandmo.com Buy Requests

Budget:
$250,000
Budget:
$2,500
Budget:
$1,000
Budget:
$1,000
Customer Loyalty App
Budget:
$1,000
Budget:
$1,000

PM sent

•••
•••

Finiw.com​

(5 letters, it's a great brand without discussion)​

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back