Dynadot

opinion 2021 Punishment of reverse domain name hijacking – A fair reprimand or far too lenient?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An important read. Thanks for sharing, @NickB.

I agree with the premise that there needs to be more penalty for inappropriately using UDRP. I found the following particularly disconcerting (and something I had not thought of before, that lawyers would abuse the process to get information for a later legal process) "the purpose of filing was to 'force early discovery' and 'obtain an optimal jurisdiction after the decision'."

Bob

Last edited:
•••
An important read. Thanks for sharing, @NickB.

I agree with the premise that there needs to be more penalty for inappropriately using UDRP. I found the following case particularly disconcerting (and something I had not thought of before) "the purpose of filing was to 'force early discovery' and 'obtain an optimal jurisdiction after the decision'."

Bob
The next paragraph mentions concerns about it becoming "the norm" - I wonder just how many cases have been used for this purpose, it might be quite a lot and could already be a standard tactic?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back