Dynadot

discuss 2 Years as a domainer no sale.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rich Trader

Established Member
Impact
Hi, This is Rich Trader. I have been in the domain game since jan 2016. But haven't made even a single sale yet. I own 32 domains. But not even a single sold. I have invested money in buying and renewals.Any suggestion on how to sell would be welcome.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I mainly bought to sell to end user in emerging markets like asia. So sometime names are misspelled crpto can maybe still be read as crypto. Who decided the spelling? CRY-PTO or CRPTO?
Or KRPTO? KRYPTO?

•••
•••
This is the result of so many claimed domain sales. New domainers invest in domains as they think they will get rich within a day and don't analyze those sales first.

•••
This is the result of so many claimed domain sales. New domainers invest in domains as they think they will get rich within a day and don't analyze those sales first.
Playing the domain game like Mega billions with mega billion type result for most.

•••
I mainly bought to sell to end user in emerging markets like asia. So sometime names are misspelled crpto can maybe still be read as crypto. Who decided the spelling? CRY-PTO or CRPTO?
I know I said I would leave you be, but since you asked:

The first use of the term cryptograph (as opposed to cryptogram) dates back to the 19th century - it originated in The Gold-Bug, a novel by Edgar Allan Poe.[10]

Until modern times, cryptography referred almost exclusively to encryption, which is the process of converting ordinary information (called plaintext) into unintelligible text (called ciphertext).[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography

•••
Id suggest looking at the auctions here on NP. That should give you an idea of value.
Yes , but be careful. Just a reseller value to have a very light idea. Here on NP’s you can buy/sell a domain for 1$ and sold in a month for xxxx$, just check the thread report complete sales.

Last edited:
•••
Yes , but be careful. Just a reseller value to have a very light idea. Here on NP’s you can buy/sell a domain for 1$ and sold in s month for xxxx$, just chech the thread report complete sales.
Thanks

•••
Yes , but be careful. Just a reseller value to have a very light idea. Here on NP’s you can buy/sell a domain for 1$ and sold in s month for xxxx$, just chech the thread report complete sales.
There are thousands of domains bought for $1 and only a few sell latter. It is the same as playing a bet ticket. If you guess you win, but guessing is very rare.

•••
There are thousands of domains bought for $1 and only a few sell latter. It is the same as playing a bet ticket. If you guess you win, but guessing is very rare.
But still gotta bet to win BIG. Haha. I like the domain game, do it for fun.

•••
You've clutching at straws, and not accepting that during your learning process, you made some mistakes. You shouldn't compound them, but there is nothing to stop you from learning from your mistakes.
I made a mistake and bought vrtualgolf.com. I only paid a dollar for it, but in my opinion, and that of most other members, I overpaid. :) Most people think that I should forget about it, and just leave it to drop. I feel that I've paid for it, so I might as well use it, but I won't try to justify myself by trying to portray it as a $10,000 name.

You've got the names, so you might as well try to sell them, but unless you are giving them away in a free push, don't try to sell them as a block. Remember, if somebody wants to buy a name, they may not want to leave it with Godaddy, and paying the renewal fees on a number of names they don't want may put them off.

•••
You've clutching at straws, and not accepting that during your learning process, you made some mistakes. You shouldn't compound them, but there is nothing to stop you from learning from your mistakes.
I made a mistake and bought I only paid a dollar for it, but in my opinion, and that of most other members, I overpaid. :) Most people think that I should forget about it, and just leave it to drop. I feel that I've paid for it, so I might as well use it, but I won't try to justify myself by trying to portray it as a $10,000 name.

You've got the names, so you might as well try to sell them, but unless you are giving them away in a free push, don't try to sell them as a block. Remember, if somebody wants to buy a name, they may not want to leave it with Godaddy, and paying the renewal fees on a number of names they don't want may put them off.
Great observation on the renewal part. I would market individual names. Okay Thanks

•••
But still gotta bet to win BIG. Haha. I like the domain game, do it for fun.
You aren't betting, you are tearing up dollars and putting them down the GoDaddy toilet. That's a solitary occupation, and it's time to come out of the closet. :)

Sorry to be brutal, but that's the way I see it.

•••
You aren't betting, you are tearing up dollars and putting them down the GoDaddy toilet. That's a solitary occupation, and it's time to come out of the closet. :)

Sorry to be brutal, but that's the way I see it.
Yeah. But I saw it differently I saw it as investing pennies and making gold bars in profit. Haha. But I stopped buying any new ones. So now it is what it is 23 domains for sale. Most of the crypto names.

•••
•••
•••
Godaddy puts high appraisals so guys like you will think their or that name is actually worth something.
Then u spend Mönęy
Big thread on namepros about it
I suggest reading the entire thread twice.
Someone can link it for you

•••
Lots of good advice already offered. The few I checked were parked at Afternic - while clearly that is a huge network, I personally don't like their parking page (if you can call it that). It just goes to a page with some advertising links and at top a link it might be for sale, and at that you click on it and it goes to something that doesn't give much more than Afternic's phone number.

I prefer the kind of landing you can do with Efty or Undeveloped (or many others). You can do a bit of selling of your domain, put up prices or ranges for offers, and make it look attractive.

Do you have some with prices or are all make an offer? The research done by Undeveloped seem to show that domains with prices sell faster.

I am not sure what prices you have in mind (I see that is one question you are asking). I checked a couple of the domain names that you have that interest me slightly - blockchain1001 and block1001. GoValue estimates their worth at a bit over $400. In general, I find that GoValue over estimates most .com - the ones in my portfolio I am trying to get a few hundred for and they list them at over $1000. Therefore I think that you will need to be realistic on price to get a few sales, and the blockchain market is really over populated with domain names for sale with all the recent GoDaddy auctions.

I think there is value in trying several networks, so if you only have them on Afternic I would try Undeveloped or something else (in general put price at only one place, and offer at the others, so you can't sell the name simultaneously two places).

Domain sales are just very sporadic. Many on here have related no sales for many months or even a year or two, then getting a couple within days. I wish you best of luck with getting your first sales, and many thereafter!

Bob

•••
You have some good 'Crypto' domains. Try listing them here for sale. I am sure, people would buy some. Another good option is hard-selling. Email potential buyers, work hard and by hard, i mean, very hard. Sale doesn't come easy these days.

Also, get good mentoring here. We have some good domainers who are doing good. Follow their ways and you will get success.
You do realize none of the names even spell crypto correctly. A portfolio has to be diverse across many sectors.

These names for the most part missed the mark, if you are going to buy a name like this, you can simply register a made up name like this, because most do not make any sense based on keywords.

An end user has to be able to use their domain to provide some sort of credibility, who who is going to go buycrpto.com? Just a typo

Tough words but there are so many good names you could have bought, you need to read all the info at namepros, and start over.

Adult is a tough niche, to many new extensions make it even harder.

•••
Lots of good advice already offered. The few I checked were parked at Afternic - while clearly that is a huge network, I personally don't like their parking page (if you can call it that). It just goes to a page with some advertising links and at top a link it might be for sale, and at that you click on it and it goes to something that doesn't give much more than Afternic's phone number.

I prefer the kind of landing you can do with Efty or Undeveloped (or many others). You can do a bit of selling of your domain, put up prices or ranges for offers, and make it look attractive.

Do you have some with prices or are all make an offer? The research done by Undeveloped seem to show that domains with prices sell faster.

I am not sure what prices you have in mind (I see that is one question you are asking). I checked a couple of the domain names that you have that interest me slightly - blockchain1001 and block1001. GoValue estimates their worth at a bit over $400. In general, I find that GoValue over estimates most .com - the ones in my portfolio I am trying to get a few hundred for and they list them at over $1000. Therefore I think that you will need to be realistic on price to get a few sales, and the blockchain market is really over populated with domain names for sale with all the recent GoDaddy auctions.

I think there is value in trying several networks, so if you only have them on Afternic I would try Undeveloped or something else (in general put price at only one place, and offer at the others, so you can't sell the name simultaneously two places).

Domain sales are just very sporadic. Many on here have related no sales for many months or even a year or two, then getting a couple within days. I wish you best of luck with getting your first sales, and many thereafter!

Bob
Okay so instead of parking with afternic I should put a etfy page with BIN Price and offer range and let it be listed on afternic just for offers? Correct me If wrong?

•••
You do realize none of the names even spell crypto correctly. A portfolio has to be diverse across many sectors.

These names for the most part missed the mark, if you are going to buy a name like this, you can simply register a made up name like this, because most do not make any sense based on keywords.

An end user has to be able to use their domain to provide some sort of credibility, who who is going to go buycrpto.com? Just a typo

Tough words but there are so many good names you could have bought, you need to read all the info at namepros, and start over.

Adult is a tough niche, to many new extensions make it even harder.
All the domains are hand reg. No buys.

•••
All the domains are hand reg. No buys.
It doesn’t matter, instead of hand registered 30 nonsense names, you can buy 5 that have an established value.

Seriously take the time to read the free knowledge here.

If you were going to hand refuted crypto with a typo you should have played the Crypt trend.

There you could have got names like CryptInvestors etc for hand reg

Trust me almost doesn’t pay the bills, a single off character can throw the value off by 99.9 percent.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, everyone. I have an offer for block1001, blockchain 1001 blockxrp and blockbth for selling at 700 should I sell?

•••
Hi, everyone. I have an offer for block1001, blockchain 1001 blockxrp and blockbth for selling at 700 should I sell?
If you had no other offers, and you hand reg’d, is this a namepros offer, or end user?

If outside of namepros, I would counter at $995

You can reinvest those funds for some decent names.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you had no other offers, and you hand reg’d, is this a namepros offer, or end user?

If outside of namepros, I would counter at $995
Crypto is going to boom big time and these domains can be at the forefront I would skip. What you say?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back