NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidesai

Established Member
Impact
OFFER NOT WORKING FOR OTHER COUNTRIES AS A COMMENT:

Today I have seen that a website based in the UK is giving 2 free .UK or .CO.UK domain names for new users. They required Card details at the last stage, but domains are free.

Website is: Removed

Note: Not a promotion from my side, I don't know the company, and not affiliated with them. I just found something free, so I feel that Someone may get benefits from this and that's why I am sharing it with our NP community.

Do your own research before doing anything. Good Luck.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just registered and registered a .UK domain for "free". I was told to add my card details and I did. Only for me to get debited €1.
I was mad at first but decided to just wait a bit.
I got another alert from my bank a while ago and now I'm scared.

BTW: I still haven't received the .UK domain I registered. I was told to wait 24 hours for the support to check
Will update this then

•••
This is a recurring promotion for them, it happens several times a year.

•••
I just registered and registered a .UK domain for "free". I was told to add my card details and I did. Only for me to get debited €1.
I was mad at first but decided to just wait a bit.
I got another alert from my bank a while ago and now I'm scared.

BTW: I still haven't received the .UK domain I registered. I was told to wait 24 hours for the support to check
Will update this then
Okay, please update with more details here. I think I need to remove this post from here, If they are charging. They clearly show that they are giving free domain. I don't know why they charge $1.

•••
This is a recurring promotion for them, it happens several times a year.
I've received zero updates from them. Seems like they are a scam. I checked the terms they gave me when I added my card details and apparently they would automatically start charging you the moment your domain expires which is weird because I still haven't received any domain I registered. I checked and a domain listed as free on their website is also listed as 15k on Dan.com.
Lost £1 on this.

My Review: 1/10. There are far better and more transparent Domain registrars out there.

Do not use. I would try closing my account today.

•••
I wrote a long update regarding the situation but Namepros held it for moderators approval.
This is the reply I received after messaging their support.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent purchase.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are seeing a £1 pre-authorisation charge on your bank statement, this will be released back to your bank account. Please allow up to 30 days for this to be returned.

As we are a responsible provider, we have an ongoing commitment to security which we take very seriously.

Unfortunately in this instance, aspects of your order caused it to be flagged by our anti-fraud checks and the order was deleted without being processed. No payment for the order has been taken and the requested services have not been setup.

For security reasons we are unable to divulge precisely what caused the order to be flagged and treated in this way.

If you have any further problems or queries then please update this enquiry through the "Support" section of your Control Panel, and we will be happy to help.

The  way I see it, there are two problems: Either their offer is only for English folks or it's because I'm a Nigerian. Whichever one it was, horrible experience.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back