Dynadot

1and1.com HATER...AAAACCCKK!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So before I knew anything about anything, I regged a ton of names with 1and1.com. Everytime I reg a name at 1and1.com, I think I'm putting it on my card. Well apparently this is not the case at 1and1.com.

Nearly four months ago, 10/06/06 to be exact, I get an email from 1and1.com that my card had a problem. I looked into it and indeed there was a problem. I could only spend x per day on that particular card. So, I replied for 1and1.com to do exactly that and let me know if there was still a problem. No response. Nothing. I think all is fine and well with the world.

Today I get a collections letter from 1and1.com for every name I have ever bought from 1and1.com! Worse, I go to check out my 1and1.com account...LOCKED! No notice, nothing. I was just in my 1and1.com account last week. No 1and1.com notifications to read, NOTHING!

So I emailed them just now to ask WTF? I hope they respond quicker than four months. I am going to call 1and1.com at this moment too.

Just in case another newbie is drawn in by that 1and1.com low price, don't do it kid! Run! They are evil...evil....imho

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1 and 1

1 and 1 there a real bunch of "assholes" someone should start a new post about these people, i had trouble with them over 8 months ago %&^%$$#%#%$*
*&^%^%$^)(*(&^%$#@$@#!#%$^%$%$#$$@ run em out of the business

•••
1 Abhorrently Noisome & Dubious 1... got a number of my domains mired in that shit they call a business. I simply cancelled my account, with 30 plus domains, and set-up a new bank account.

To amp-up flouride's, and others, efforts to build a critical mass heavey enough to squash'm, and educate domainers and the webbed world in the process, I think a video documentary should be produced and distributed via You Tube, Google Video, etc..

This company cheats & treats their customers with the same arrogence as the infamous robber barons did at the turn of the 20th century. In this context such a doc may well make it to Cannes and/or Sundance.

Noisome: noxious, stinking, putrid, rotten, disgusting, offensive, foul, rank,...

•••
Finally some legal action! Join in the FIGHT!

This just off the press!

bankraid.com email said:
Hi Everyone

This email is specifically targeted at BankRaid's USA contacts - though UK contacts will also be eager to read the content.

An attorney working for Federal Law Enforcement in the USA is intending to bring a lawsuit against 1&1. This attorney is a former customer of 1&1 and has suffered a financial 'penalty' as a result of refusing to give into 1&1's demands for payment for a cancelled contract.

The penalty in question is a reduced credit rating as a result of his refusal to pay 1&1. This has resulted in an increased mortgage payment for the gentleman in question - and God knows what else he may also have to now pay extra for.

This is an excellent chance to support this intended lawsuit with affidavits. By getting a result against 1&1, it will help everyone else also get justice. Once we have a ruling against 1&1, then it will set a precedent for other claimants.

Of course, and if you are still interested, you could also possibly join a class action and everyone can get compensation at the same time. This is, however, subject to the new claimant's approval.

Please consider this very carefully and contact me if you wish to join this lawsuit in any way. Once I have your permission, I shall pass on your email address to the new claimant.

Yours sincerely, Chris Holdcroft, www.bankraid.com.

•••
I went with 1and1 with a few domains. And than I went for their deal and steal of get 5 free .info's. Long story short. I took what domains I could carry out with and transfer them as quick as I could.

•••
Transfers from 1&1: is there a fail-safe recipe?

Can anyone detail a proven, foolproof, step-by-step way to transfer a domain out of 1&1 that's being sold to a buyer?

I'm in the middle of a sale right now, being handled via escrow. The escrow company (owned by the same company as 1&1) and 1&1 apparently had different ideas on what's supposed to be done for the transfer, and now it's all screwed up and costing me extra money on my credit card. The escrow rep seems to be doing all he can to alleviate the situation, which I appreciate.

And the buyer doesn't appreciate all this extra waiting, as the domain is highly seasonal in nature.

Thanks for any help. I'm willing to give 1&1 and the escrow company the benefit of a doubt, but this is frustrating.

•••
Old thread but the truth remains this is the worst company for domains known to mankind. I would NEVER recommend to any one to use them. They sent me a bill, which mysteriously I never received so it ended up with a bill collector. The bill collector company they used would never return my phone calls and hang up on me up to 4 times a days. I was on hold, someone would literally pick up and hang up on me while I hear laughing. I'm like what is going on? I send an email to 1and1 and told them they better NEVER write me a again with a bill and I cannot even speak to the company about it. He's the clincher folks, I have no domains with them, none!!!! I had some .info's like 3 years again when that whole free .info craze went on but I have no domains with them and owe them nothing. I never even kept any of those domains. I hate this company with a passion. Worst domain registrar EVER........

•••
I finally paid the last ransom from 1and1.com aka 1&1 Internet's dubious business tactics that last occured during my transfer attempts.

To recap, 1and1 said that 5-7 days was insufficient to transfer out names and thereby they renewed them and then immediately sent me to collections.

I absolutely hate these f**kers and totally suffer the consequences of holding fast to my boycott of 1and1.com by also boycotting their child company, Sedo.com. That's right, Sedo.

For those of you who do not know, 1and1.com owns a massive stake in Sedo and are considered a corporate partner; i.e. they assist in the business practices.

I put my money where my mouth is. Somebody want to buy a domain? :laugh:

•••
I decided to jump into a pool of shit again...

Well I paid 8-X 1and1.com's 8-X ransom again. If you recall, they dragged their feet and could not accomplish a handful of transfers within 1-1/2 business weeks. Yet my account is still locked... no way... :sick: I'll keep you posted...

8-X 1and1.com aka 1&1 Internet 8-X is totally F'ing pathetic!

•••
My correspondence with their billing department:
email said:
Dear x
Thank you for contacting us.

We usually ask for the confirmation from the customer as that helps expedite the process for you, but I have forwarded the verification request to the proper dept so that they can verify the payment and unlock it within 1-3 business day.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely
Christopher Flagg
Billing Department
1&1 Internet Inc.

You can also contact us via phone at (877) 300-8316 from 9am till 5pm EST Monday to Friday

> "Thank you for contacting us." Are you serious? You are not going to
get
> the warm fuzzies from me. Just please do your job efficiently and
we'll
> part ways quickly, OK? 1-3 days to unlock my account... it's like my
> account is in a time lock safe or something. What a joke.
>
> I went through this crap last time, sigh... NCO does do not give me
the
> confirmation number. They give you the confirmation number! Your
customers
> are not your employees. Do your own work.
>
> It's actually insult to injury to act so slow as to cause my names to
be
> trapped in your web, then charge me late and collection fees, then
make me
> do the leg work. It's like paying for the bullet that you shoot me
with.
>
> Please contact your collections agency and confirm I've paid, unlock
my
> account, and then notify me when it's complete like any normal company
would
> do. Jees...just hurry up and do your job.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:15 AM
> To: x> Subject: x - 1&1 Internet Inc. Billing Re: account x
>
> Dear x>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> Please give me the confirmation number NCO gave you for payment so I
can
> have it forwarded to the proper dept so it can be verified and your
> account will be unlocked within 1-3 business days.
>
> If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
>
> --
> Sincerely
> Christopher Flagg
> Billing Department
> 1&1 Internet Inc.
>
> You can also contact us via phone at (877) 300-8316 from 9am till 5pm
> EST Monday to Friday
>
> > Attention Billing:
> >
> >
> >
> > I have paid your ransom, once again, to NCO Financial more than a
week
> ago.
> > Why is my account locked still? Are we going to go through the
same
> crap
> > again?
> >
> >
> >
> >

Can you believe they sent me a survey? :laugh:

survey said:
The only two things you are consistent in are shitty service and checking how your clients feel about it.

You are pathetically slow and deliberately vague in your terms. You are anti-consumer in your billing and trade practices. You are indifferent to what your clients say about it.

I blog every occurence of bullshit that I encounter with 1&1. That blog is approaching 10,000 views (rounded up :) )and had nearly 200 comments.

I will be much smarter next renewal time and start the transfer a month in advance since your crew it too stupid and slow to get it done any faster.

You suck.

•••
Sorry to hear about this nonsense.

I transferred the last of my domains from 1and1 a month ago and everything seems fine. I left some names there to expire - making sure I cancelled them through cancel.1and1.com and verified their cancellation. The first batch has started to expire and I see no evidence of any scam billings yet. I'll cross my fingers to make it through the rest without any problems.

Terrible company. Good riddance.

•••
Here is why 1and1.com sucks - proof positive!

Check out the following who is and make note of the dates:
VoipBasic.com
SohoVoip.com
VoipArticle.com
OnlinePokerBets.net

Compare that to my billing from 8-X 1and1.com aka 1&1 Internet Services, Inc. 8-X (attached)

What a bunch of fcuktards...I think my total lesson from 8-X one and one 8-X will cost me a few hundred bucks in "late fees," "collections fees," double billings, and lost sales.

I can only hope that this thread costs 8-X 1and1.com 8-X a thousand times as much. Please tell me it's so... :'(

I hahahaaate thehem sohoho much! :'(

Last edited:
•••
•••
I love this thread (so that n00b`s can be warned and 1 and done knows we all hate them) and I wish everyone happy holidays:) don`t let these scum bags bring you down. They have been at this a long time so they are tough scum to remove,they may be the ones that send me the spoof paypal emails,lol (would not surprise me) I have not bought domains that were for sale by members here because of them being with 1and done. Sorry to hear they continue to think the are the best and #1 run away as fast as you can.

•••
thanks very much for the info!!!!

I was almost going to use them, but decided to reg @ namepros.com :D

Thanks for info again, will rep++

•••
•••
Joker Productions said:
I love this thread (so that n00b`s can be warned and 1 and done knows we all hate them) and I wish everyone happy holidays:) don`t let these scum bags bring you down. They have been at this a long time so they are tough scum to remove,they may be the ones that send me the spoof paypal emails,lol (would not surprise me) I have not bought domains that were for sale by members here because of them being with 1and done. Sorry to hear they continue to think the are the best and #1 run away as fast as you can.

I think this is an important point that domainers will either not purchase a name from another domainer if that name is regged with 1+1 or insist that the name be transferred to another registrar before payment is made.

•••
I just cancelled one of my names there and they forwarded me to a survey to ask why I was cancelling. I told them the honest truth and told them about all the bad publicity surrounding their company ;).

•••
Being an idiot I transferred a domain to 1&1 (it had about a month left to expire) in December. It is now February and I've tried 3 times to transfer the domain back to namecheap. I set my 1&1 account to cancel and the domain to transfer to namecheap, got the EPP code and set status to unlocked. So now I can't use my 1&1 account, tech support doesn't reply to emails, and the tech support on the phone just tells me to try again to transfer it. I am very frustrated, how can they be allowed to run a business? Why has nobody sued them yet? I will never use them again and make sure nobody I know uses them.

•••
With all the problems with 1&1 posted here, I'm glad that I wasn't sucked into their cheap domain registration prices.

This thread is good info for anyone that might be thinking about going with them.

•••
Unfortunately, I'm going through thesame crap. I just received a bill that included charges for domains transferred out of 1and1 earlier. When I contacted them about their mistake, they offered no explanations; they told me there are no refunds and that I should read the terms of service (which I did). As far as I can tell, I did everything right, but they will not respond to e-mails. I'm sure my account will soon be frozen if I refuse to pay for the transfers. The whole thing is nuts. With just a little effort, 1and1 could probably be a good registrar. Why they make the conscious choice to be buttholes is beyond me.

About time to challenge their TOS and billing procedures as unreasonable and deliberately misleading.

We're seeing the pressure put on RegFly...time to turn up the heat on 1and1 and Tucows.

•••
h0dg3s said:
Being an idiot I transferred a domain to 1&1 (it had about a month left to expire) in December. It is now February and I've tried 3 times to transfer the domain back to namecheap. I set my 1&1 account to cancel and the domain to transfer to namecheap, got the EPP code and set status to unlocked. So now I can't use my 1&1 account, tech support doesn't reply to emails, and the tech support on the phone just tells me to try again to transfer it. I am very frustrated, how can they be allowed to run a business? Why has nobody sued them yet? I will never use them again and make sure nobody I know uses them.

...you should only cancel the account after the name has been successfully transferred...and there is no more action required. Are you saying that the name is still in your cancelled account?

Verbster re 'With just a little effort, 1and1 could probably be a good registrar' .....well IMHO they would need the domain equivalent of a sex-change for this to happen. They are pure rubbish (and are the same company as sedo)

•••
@floatingworld yes exactly, so now I can do nothing with my domain whatsoever. And I didn't notice the clause in their TOS that states "1&1 can bill your credit card whenever we want until the end of time, even after you cancel your account."

"Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s)."
http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?national=Y&compid=1040770

•••
•••
You all can read my posts about 1and1, I hate them with a passion. They are worth out doubt one the worst companies EVER. Not just for domain companies, ANY. They are the worst beyond belief.

•••
acronym007 said:
You all can read my posts about 1and1, I hate them with a passion. They are worth out doubt one the worst companies EVER. Not just for domain companies, ANY. They are the worst beyond belief.

...don't hold back...... Tell us what you really think! >:(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back