IT.COM

19,812.00 euro domain appraisal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Finbar

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I know nobody takes these free appraisal sites seriously, but if one was to throw out a value like this, does that mean there is some value in that name? Or can they kick out numbers like this for worthless names too?

Thanks,

Fin

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The less educated one is, the more they worship the Gods.

•••
I'm not sure if that comment was supposed to be patronising, or if you are making a point about using appraisal values to instil belief in the value of a name. I understand that people new to this hobby might be tempted to take a punt on something, if a domain appraisal site deems something to be of significant value. I.e selling at a percentage of said value to someone hoping to get the full value, imagined or not.

I also think that this sort of thing is part of the price finding mechanism, things have value because people believe they do, along side a free market of true value. I mean the money we are using to buy these names is only worth anything because we believe it is.

would anyone like to offer a more straight forward answer?

•••
•••
What's the domain?

hinkl dot com

To me it seems like it isn't worth much I paid reg fee and was going to use it myself, but after a big appraisal like that, I am wondering if I am missing something. Googling it revealed it is a surname, even though I don't recognise it as a word.

Thanks

Fin

•••
I would appraise low x,xxx to mid x,xxx.

It's short, brandable and a surname. Companies are often named after the owners name.

You will have to hold on it until an enduser will show up. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
Thanks 1Darko, I knew appraisal sites can wildly over value, I think I will keep this one a while then and choose a different name for my site. Thanks again, very helpful.

Fin

I would appraise low x,xxx to mid x,xxx.

It's short, brandable and a surname. Companies are often named after the owners name.

You will have to hold on it until an enduser will show up. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back